13.2
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Indeed" replied the Great Wise Wizard. "But don't worry, I can assure you that the weapons they possess are quite resilient."

Rey narrowed his eyes, perhaps Dante's catana and Jhades' pistols were ruled by these words, but his doll's eyes were not. The old man was hiding the truth and the proof was the dents that could be seen on the edge of his weapons. An enraged sound caught the attention of those present on the mountaintop. It was the warning before the violent impact of a huge creature against the opposite side of the hill that shook everything. Thanks to the absence of trees at the foot of the hill, the little ones ran and without much effort saw something that escaped their knowledge.  A small giant wearing full armor. In an unconcerned tone, the Great Wise Wizard said:

"A Cerbro, it seems to be the last of the enemy. That creature is a direct son of the Hecatonquiros.... Reckless though they are, there are few left, due to the wars between gods and titans; they were the ones who constantly suffered the most losses. Stay out of danger as your mother warned you; I am going to take a look at the residence to see how Silvia is...."

As he was leaving the old man thought: "The change of energy and emotions create involuntary reflexes in your body, as well as they can also generate micro-impressions.... Someone who is experiencing an energy deficit and knows it emotionally, you can't hide it, or run away, or fight... There is only one option left. It would be very inconvenient for me to have something happen to them being under my care, wouldn't it? Rey, I don't expect you to let me down, you know what you have to do."

Rey kept his eyes on the old man who was jocularly leaving and no doubt he was up to something. The moment was approaching, he had to be prepared, but "for what?" he wondered. It was not very difficult to deduce what the old man was thinking, since the way he was withdrawing made it very obvious. "He is moving away so that, when something happens, he won't be guilty...". 

"A cruel world awaits you in which a weapon means a very great advantage when fighting.... Look at me as the life that is preparing you for what is coming.", words spoken and they left me with a bitter taste... Those whom I love and esteem are my weakness. The thread of the dress Edith told me about... now everything matches. This is what it was always about. As someone reincarnated I cannot die until I fulfill a purpose, but those around me will suffer the consequences of my actions. What would my purpose be? When can I die? I don't have the answer, but at least now I think I know what's coming... but...."

The gigantic beast rose as quickly as it could to, in one leap, destroy the ground and return to the place from which it was fired.

...

"I feel bound by the fear of the uncertain and the extreme caution of losing those around me," the little one with dull white eyes said to himself for a moment. "This feeling, the anguish my inner self feels that I might lose something, acts as a kind of boundary that only limits what I can become. I have truly been left in your hands. Curse you Great Wise Wizard, how will I ever know my limits in the cruel world that awaits me? Those limits that I must eventually test to move forward if I must first protect something. Perhaps I could be so much stronger if I had nothing to lose. The road is lonely. So, now that I have become more flawed in his eyes, where will be the best place for me to wait for the moment when it all happens. Yes, his words were always warnings," the little boy with no last name said to himself as he watched White at his side.

"Tell me, Rey, aren't you afraid of the fear of doing nothing and also being able to lose something forever?" asked White.

"Yes," replied Rey.

White, as if she were a frustrated woman:

"I used to survive on a simple basic instinct to satiate and indulge my body's needs. But I experienced death and became aware of something: I realized that I didn't live as long as I wanted to have lived by your side. Don't make my mistake and give yourself up to what you don't know by simply thinking about what you can become. I am with you precisely because I became the frontier that protects you from suicide and also from your enemies. Fight if you are going to fight, discover your limits if you want to discover them, but all this within the margins of living a future. A future together forever...

Rey, for a second, got the impression that her companion, in addition to learning to speak, had learned to feel. Shifting the focus of her gaze and leaving complicated feelings aside, Rey also noticed that none of the adults were in colossus mode, there were no giants anymore. Just a faint breeze of air, blood and destruction. Reflexively, the eyes of the little one without a last name, consenting to what his companion had told him, closed for a few seconds.

More aware of life, those eyes opened to the world, determined and full of power. Rey took the lead, made his feline companion transform into the sharp blades, and detached in a run heading to where the beast had jumped, for around that very spot his parents and the other clan members were to be found.

"What are you doing, you madman!" asked Jhades. "Now that we've arrived you're going to leave!"

"Those you long for the most... it's up ahead" replied Rey. "Follow me if you wish."

Jhades did not understand the clarification nor the behavior of his brother without a surname. But what better time for a predator to study his opponent than when he was busy? Besides, even with the elders, the meeting would take place and with the combat at its conclusion, there could also be a celebration. Jhades took the two pistols that were left floating and also ran. Dante, like a dog pulling his ears back, said:

"That is the wrong way. Brothers, don't you understand? This is the best time to escape, not to go in the direction of our parents," he said, bending his body as if he was trying to retreat.

The wolf cub was exalted, he knew that his brother was heading towards danger, but, unlike them, he did not understand that in that place there was no way out, much less escape, even if it was what he longed for the most. In that direction were all those who could end the lives of defective offspring, those who had to be studied.

"Just follow us, fool. This place is but a delicate bubble surrounded by flames. Wanting to escape puts us in danger," said Jhades to Dante.

The wolf, with no other choice, grabbed his companion, who transformed into a catana, and ran after the hybrid and the vampire insulting them between his teeth.

...

There was Wulfgang fighting the Cerbro head-on while wrapping his body in flaming red fur. To the gazes of the three small observers who had just arrived, the destructive power, murderous intent and fighting spirit that the wolf and the others were expelling was something out of another world. Maryam had all the immense black armor with which she tripled the size of her husband and rivaled in brute strength against the very angry beasts that sought to confront him, whether on the ground or suspended in the air. Heroclades did not even make an effort to use spells, he only carried the elf on his shoulder, protected by a huge wooden snake with green eyes. The entire forest was under Ehimus' control, she made each falling leaf into an aggressive javelin that stretched until it pierced the target. Metals that lit up and leaked electricity shielded Mijan's body, which was obviously under the control of a whole horde of flying objects. Katherine danced in a dance of blood, water and winds, cutting and shredding the enemy's limbs.

Amidst all the organized chaos, the wolf passed through the attacks of its companions untouched and ran in the direction of the Cerbro. The son of one of the Hecatonchires threw his best punch towards Wulfgang with the intention of finally crushing him. When the punch impacted the ground, the wolf nimbly swung up into his hand and continued his run in the direction of his opponent's face. The angry father wrapped his right fist in a huge fireball. As soon as it reached his enemy's shoulder, Wulfgang jumped, thus rendering ineffective the next attack of the giant, who ended up hitting himself. With one well-placed blow, the wolf completely smashed the giant's face and even caused him to rise from the ground enveloped by flames hungry for flesh. The giant, due to the immense pain he was going through by having to experience how his eyes and body were consumed by the flames, went mad and waved his hands with the intention of extinguishing the fire that enveloped his body.

One of the desperate, unpredictable swings almost hit the wolf, which was still suspending its body in the air. With the claws of his right hand, Wulfgang pierced the armor and the thick skin of the beast just below its ribcage. Like a piece of paper, it was split in two with just the edge of a scissors that did not need to close to cut. The entire skin of the belly of the small four-armed giant on fire was split into two pieces. The mowed giant tried to hold its organs with one hand and strike the aggressor with the other, but as soon as the hand was about to project the blow, it was severed from the body and fell to the ground. The small spectators noticed something and Rey was the first to report it:

"Behind that face expressing permanent sadness, there is someone to fear. No wonder we are still alive. He is stronger than all of us put together."

"Not in a million years will we be able to defeat our masters if they came to fight us seriously" added Jhades.

"That smile that seems permanent... those eyes that become imposing. My legs go slack and my hands tremble" said Dante.

With just a backhand of his claws, Wulfgang was able to cut off the careless arm that intended to strike him. Still, lit in fires like a torch, the father lunged at the beast's face and, as easily as in the beginning, also cut off the giant's other arm, whose skin and flesh were already devoured by fire. Then the other arm and the last. The wolf tripled its entire muscle mass, also its stature, with the intention of self-empowering itself for the next move. In the most barbaric manner he could proceed, Wulfgang grabbed the intestines hanging outside the giant's belly and then came back up with speed and circled the large roasted head several times.

0