13.3
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before it hit the ground, the Cerbro was already being suffocated by its own organs. With no arms to free himself or relieve his suffocation, the little giant fell face first on the ground, while the wetness of the blood coating his intestines made it easy for them to continue squeezing his neck. Wulfgang pulled with all his might at the taut intestines wrapped around his enemy's throat. For the red wolf it was not enough for his opponent to stop writhing on the ground. He continued to squeeze, pull and wring the neck with the intestines in his hands. The sound of bones and ligaments giving way was heard for, soon after, the satisfying sensation of separating the head from the trunk of an enemy. Raising his hand, the lycanthrope pointed as one who was looking for more opponents, but all the enemies did nothing but flee.

The little giant was dead. The few remaining monsters feared at the presence of the red wolf and those who supported him. Having solved the bounty hunter problem, Wulfgang's defiant gaze looked in the direction of his children hiding behind the bushes. Walking as one who had just emerged from a refreshing exercise routine, the leader of the group spoke:

"The day when you can understand this that I now feel is far from coming."

The others present made way and stopped making noise, at the same time Wulfgang continued:

"They disobeyed their mother's advice. A punishment has to be given. They will have no choice but to hate me" said Wulfgang frightening his sons, who curiously had remained hidden, studying everyone's movements. "Dante, Jhades... you can stay where you are. I'll talk to you later. Rey, come closer... Maryam told me. For you, it is time for you to die properly. There will be no better time than now, for this will be the last and only time for you. Do you have anything to say about it?"

Katherine took her sword, put it to her shoulder and walked forward as one who was anxious for the moment to come. She didn't care if the little boy hated her for the rest of his life, since she had already made up her mind to do so. Those present in the clan stopped and kept silent.

With no choice but to come out from where they were hiding, the three little ones stood up.

Rey knew that it was fear that generated confusion and moved forward even though his name was mentioned and he evidently had to die at the hands of the muscular vampire as an initiation process. "What if my theory of not being able to die is wrong, is this my purpose? Maryam seems to be overstraining herself so that the poison in me and my siblings will not continue to develop." Dante and Jhades looked at their brother, the same one who had suggested going all the way to the place and now would be sentenced to death by Katherine. The two of them doubted they had made the best decision in wanting to escape and, in a way, they were glad they had not done so successfully and followed Rey's advice, for thanks to that father had forgiven them so easily. But, in a way, they felt sorry for their brother's situation.

Rey said to himself, "No, insecurity makes me more manipulable. I can't die...not now." As soon as the little boy walked in the direction of the others, he stopped and, looking Heroclades in the eye, offered a discreet smile of thanks. His master was prepared to defend himself from the situation, but with that gesture he was left confused.

"Father, mother, teacher and company" Rey spoke. "I am grateful for the time we spent together and I don't regret it for even a second. From here on, whatever I do, I will enjoy it to the fullest... That is my conviction and I will respect it to the fullest. Even if it ends in my death, I will still cherish life... I am afraid I will have to be far away from you."

The parting words confused those present. Wulfgang and Maryam, as parents they were, knew that their son knew something, not by what he said, but by how he said it. The haughty expression of someone who was preparing for a big event. Katherine, fearing the worst, raised her right arm and, immediately, gave a huge blow with her sword, which broke into a thousand pieces when it hit the hardness of the most solid defense in creation. Next to the black shadow that acted as a shield and had appeared out of nowhere, the personification of a dimensional throat appeared and, like a living creature, devoured everything around, including the three little ones.

Heroclades, aflame with rage, screamed as his energy burst forth in luminous form:

"Hades, don't you dare!!!!"! He then cried out: "Ground Zero" and stopped time.

The lycanthrope and the others present ran among the sword fragments that were still floating to try to save the little ones. Even so, at full speed and with time stopped, they did not make it in time. Lobato Wulfgang was able to insert only the eight fingers of his hands into the dimensional throat, and with all his strength he tried to reopen the fissure. Maryam multiplied by a thousand the strength, agility and endurance of those present while, her body transformed into black smoke, she tried to throw herself and her children through the fissure. Ehimus shattered the shadow shield with her hand and in turn doubled and tripled the energy of the members around her. Katherine made the whole place an absolute vacuum, which condensed the air into a thin, almost imperceptible layer around the allied bodies, while every other object, creature or matter disintegrated in the environment by the force of the vacuum. The most dangerous combination of abilities that could exist and, even so, the aggressor disappeared, while the dimensional throat dissipated taking with it the three children and eliminated all traces of itself.

Time returned to normal, space and bodies returned to normal. But the emotion of helplessness lingered, along with the cries of a worried mother that could be heard. Maryam appeared kneeling on the floor crying. Wulfgang lowered his head, while the other members of the herd shouted their anger and the Great Wise Wizard, who was coming down the path, held his hands to his head as one who encountered something unexpected.

...

There, in the singularity of a space, the three little ones found themselves floating. In the absence of the place, the light was moving away. It felt cold. Also relief. They couldn't scream, couldn't move either. Flesh, blood and bone felt much heavier than normal. They could do no more than lose consciousness as new chains were embroidered between the laces of the magnificent creation.

Rey, slow and as one who floated through space, thought, "The beginning begins in this place. The cold of what has happened claims every part of my numb body that refuses to rest. I am, at last, adrift in a new place. Everything has been engulfed by darkness. But nothing can control me anymore. Now I can move forward without fear of dying. Is this being immortal?".

Inside a temple set amidst an endless field of flowers, the daughters of Aphrodite sang songs of adventure, war and tragedy to the heavens. At the top of a great cliff, Siddhartha flashed a discreet smile in acceptance of the situation. On his throne, Gilgamesh extended the cup he held in his right hand, and after turning it over, poured the wine it contained onto the ground. Holding his scythe, Áyo reflected concern on his face as he watched the blue-armored god accompanying him. On the bed he preferred most, Zeus tugged at his lover's hair and increased the frequency of his onslaught. Beside the entrance to hell, Uriel emerged from within the flames of a candelabra to bow his head in respect. From between the immense bars in the depths of the abyss, a mysterious shadow smiled eager to carry out the plan at hand. At the entrance to the Ever-Changing Forest, the arriving Miguel took a deep breath as he stroked the head of one of his most prized beasts, who worriedly searched for his missing partner. In a world of wandering cities, a white-haired fellow put his hands on his head and shouted his sorrows into the air. Inside a ship lost in space, a vampire stopped holding the scaly-skinned hand that encouraged him, thus abandoning the desire to go on living. A large human military man with the acronym of [OEM] on his shoulder shook Árjos' hand.

...

"Son without a last name born in hell. I can assure you that many felt the impact of your arrival on the material plane," thought the Great Wise Wizard as he convinced Wulfgang and Maryam that he could not help them out of hell. "In the land where humans reign you will carry a curse and a poisoned body. You shall show your eyes to all who wish to look, but you will suffer from weakness before the pack of anxious humans, and even more inflamed with fury after having seen what hell is, who will claim revenge for those who have fallen in battle... You are the bearer of the representation of the whole in the cosmos, as well as the restart. Make yourself strong so that you fulfill your purpose, or until you show what makes you irregular" said The Great Wizard of the Wise, site on the Empyrean.

 

The End

0