Death The Next Great Adventure!
17 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third-Person View

Zero looked up to the Father and daughter duo floating up to the Sky. He smiled with a warm smile, and he hoped in the afterlife that, they could be happy.

'Hmm, those two remind me of everyone I helped on earth. Sometimes you can lose yourself in your goals.'

Zero continues to look upwards, and the blood that has been raining turned into lights that looked like snowflakes. The light spreads out in the hall and throughout the whole house.

Ashley and Jasmine look around them, and they see all the damage and blood on the walls, and even the runic circle disappears. The ladies both looked at Zero and saw him looking up in the air. They see Gabriel and a little girl floating slowly into the Sky.

Jasmine looked at the scene and smiled at what Zero had done.

'If he is a monster, how come he gets all those smiles each time he helps someone? Zero, you are one of a kind, always trying to make yourself the monster and take the burdens of others around you. I wonder why you see yourself as a monster.'

Jasmine looked at Esta's smile as they finally disappeared.

'Yeah, you are not a monster to me at all.' She looks at him standing there, looking up with a smile.

Ashley looked at the scene with a smile and a warm feeling in her heart.

'So he made it to tier four. His magic is not just controlling souls, it seems. He can feel the souls suffering and despair but also their hopes and dreams. I have seen most people with death magic use souls as tools. If it were anyone else, they would have used the souls in the room for an army.'

She looked at Esta waving to Zero with a smile with her father.

'Could he be the destined Saint's Lover?  The lover of the saint in legends is said to be able to guide all innocent souls to the afterlife. He the one who is Death Hearld, The Guide to the Afterlife, The Monster of Sinners.'

Ashley looked at Zero with a sad smile.

'I hope he is not the saint's lover. The burden of the role is too significant for a nice person like him.'

Zero looks at them and finally disappears and looks around him.

'Huh, everything in the house looks new now?'

Zero continued to look around the room, and he saw a chest in front of him a few feet away. He walked forward and opened the trunk. He sees a War fan with flames on it that look like it was made of metal. Then he also saw a bracelet with water drops on it and snakes. Then he sees a black metal rose, he reached out to touch it, and it starts to glow and sticks to his tunic.

He could feel his shadow magic have a new aspect to it. He closed his eyes and could handle the information in his head. A spell called Shadow travel where he could travel to places he has been. He could also take people with him, but they must touch him.

Zero looked at the ladies staring at him and waved for them to come over.

"Hey girls, I have two items that may be useful to you. Also, everything in the house seemed to be brand new."

The ladies walked over to Zero as they approached the chest. The two items started to glow with a blue and red light when they stood before the trunk and began to glow more until they reached their hands.

"Wow, look at this beautiful bracelet! I like the snakes and the design. Zero was a fantastic fight congrats on making it to tier 4. I am so proud of you!

Jasmine looked at him and smiled with a proud look on her face. Like a mom praising her son and patting his head. She closed her eyes when the bracelet was put on her wrist.

"Oh wow, it seems like I can heal with this artefact. I guess this house was a dungeon. Dungeons can take form due to something affecting them—for example, this place's past and the souls.

Jasmine started to heal some of the minor cuts on his body. The water she conjured began to glow. All the injuries made by Gabirel's claws slowly healed, closing in, leaving no trace of them ever being there.

"Well, that is very useful if one of us ever gets hurt, especially since I always get hurt. The only way I could usually heal was by taking life energy from the area.

Ashley is using her war fan to fan flames around her. The power of her fireballs and flames was a lot more powerful. She danced with grace as she fanned the flames around her. She looked like she was one with the fire. She topped and looked towards the two starting at her.

"Well, this fan is a fantastic weapon, dear. The metal of this fan is also very durable. I could use this to slice monsters apart. If this is a wedding gift, then we need to bond more before that."

Ashley teased Zero and pinched his cheek with a fake pout on her face.

The group headed up the stairs after they tried out their new weapons.  As they travelled up the stairs, all the claw marks were gone. The group reached the main floor and looked around the halls. Everything was new, and there was no dust or blood at all.

The group walked up into the room with cages and the journal. All the cells that were in the room were gone. Only a bed there seemed to have a new book on it. Zero walked up to the bed and picked up the book. He read the book, and it seemed to be a children's book about a hero that slays a Vampire.

The book has pictures of what happened a little while ago. Then at the end of the text on the last pages. There is a picture of him with his weapon on the previous page. There is a note.

'Thank you, Mr Zero, for being our Hero. Even though you think you are a monster. To us, you will always be our hero. We cleaned the house to how it used to be. Please have a friendly and fun life for us.

Zero sighed as he looked at the note and smiled. He looked at the note, knowing he must honour another promise again. Ashley and Jasmine looked at the message as well and smiled at Zero.

"Well, I guess this place was worth the money after all. Since this place seems brand new, we don't have to make a complaint to the guild. However, we should inform them about the dungeon.

Ashley and Jasmine nodded their heads. They started exploring the house, but as they walked, they could no longer see toys or dust in the halls. The place looked like it had much more life at home now.

The group then reached the front entrance and headed to the front yard. The front yard had white roses and pink cherry blossom trees. The group was surprised as they saw the beautiful sight.

"Wow, this is beautiful! What happened to that creepy and disgusting place? I knew it! The place was haunted, after all!  You guys should have listened to me this whole time."

Zero and Ashley sighed as they heard Jasmine yelling that she was right about the house. She was like a child sometimes unless she explained something important to them. The group continued to walk around the front yard. They walked upon a graveyard at the corner of the yard.

The cemetery looked like a small garden with all the toys in the house next to the graves. All the kids and the couple were buried to rest here, and at the end of the little garden rested two graves for Gabriel and his daughter Esta. Zero leaned down and bowed his head.

"I hope you guys can rest in peace in the afterlife. You are probably having fun together. After all, Death is the next great adventure in the end. So have your adventure while we have ours."

He stepped away from the grave and felt a hand on his shoulder as he walked from the graveyard. He looked over his shoulder to see nothing, but for some reason, he smiled and walked to the ladies waiting for him.

3