Dealing with another Asshole!
14 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third-person view

The group started to walk towards the guild. They walked around for a while and looked at all the stalls on the way. Zero and the ladies are holding hands while Nova sleeps on his head. Looking at the two having fun dragging him to stalls, he smiled at the sight of them dragging him around.

"Zero what happened before the fight with those souls? They looked like they were affecting you. You did look very handsome while fighting."

Jasmine looked at him with a blush on her face. At the same time, she held his hand tightly.

"Well with death magic you can feel souls in a certain area. The souls in the house were very powerful with their emotions of sadness and despair. I could feel all their hopes and dreams."

He looked at the sky and sighed. He closed his eyes and started remembering all the suffering and feelings of those who died in that house. He stopped walking and tried to calm his nerves as he remembered the memories.

"They were all clinging to the plane of the living rather than the afterlife. Souls have a lot of power and can influence a lot in our world. Souls can affect your magic or even your personality."

He continued walking. At the same time, Ashley and Jasmine looked at Zero's face. He looked like he was experiencing something as he slowly calmed his breathing. Ashley rubbed his head to soothe him.

"Don't worry, dear. I know how challenging it must have been to feel all those children's pain and fears. However, you were able to help them in the end. You could have used their souls to make yourself more powerful."

Zero looked at her with a disgusted look at the idea. Together, they walked to the guild. They reached the guild and approached the front desk to talk to Jessica.

"Hey, Jessica, the house you gave us was a dungeon. The good news is that there was only one monster there. A vampire that could control blood. We wanted to report that to the guild. Also, we wanted to know if there was another job we could do."

Jessica looked at them with surprise, looked at a few papers on her desk, and sighed at what she had found.

"Mr Zero, I'm sorry to have given you a dungeon for your house. Thank you for clearing it up for us. Judging from the information, that was a monster with a B rating. So I will give you the rank of B as an apology. However, your next job will be a B-ranking one, so we can see if you can keep the rank."

Zero looked at the girls for confirmation, and they both nodded. Jessica handed him a paper that said to clear out a forest populated with spiders. The only thing that is different to him about this quest is that you must have at least a party of six for this job.

"So Jessica I am not doubting you or anything. Could you please tell me if you hate us or something? Because we have to face giant spiders! Also, we have to work with other people we already know. One of them may be an asshole."

He gave her a suspicious look as he eyed her up and down. In his mind, he wonders if she has a grudge against them or something. Jessica sighed as he gave her that look.

"Mr Zero I have nothing against you at all. This was an honest mistake in the dungeon. Also, we need to have a test for you that works with other adventures to see if you can adapt and work with other people."

She fixed her glasses on her face. She then looked through some papers on her desk. She grabbed one and handed it to him.

"This job is estimated to be worth 10k gold for your group. Also, any monsters you find and bring back we shall take them for a price. Now as for working with another group, one of the members will be there to report the overall behaviour of the group."

The group nodded at Jessica as she gave them a silver badge. They decide to wait at a table in the lounge area. Zero looks troubled as he looks at the job on the paper.

"I hate that we have to work with someone. The last time I met another adventurer he was a douchebag and a borderline rapist with a huge ego. If we have to deal with someone like that on this job I am not gonna be happy at all."

Jasmine and Ashley pat his head as he complains about the upcoming job. They order some food as they wait. Jasmine sighed at the comments Zero made.

"Zero, I am sure we won't have to deal with anyone that bad on the quest in the first place. We can also use them as shields for most attacks. That way they can be much more useful to us."

Jasmine gave a cruel smile as she giggled at herself about the idea. Ashley chopped her head and sighed.

"Zero dear you have to realise there are gonna be a lot of people in this world like that. When people get stronger and more powerful, they try to make themselves seem like they are better or better than others. My gratitude reaches out to you for being a humble person despite your power and talent."

Ashley rubs his head like she is lecturing a child and plays with his head lovingly. She creases his cheeks.

"Who knows you may meet some more lovely ladies like us. Then we could expand our party with new members. That way we can do tough jobs on our own without meeting more people."

He nodded when Ashley brought up a very compelling point. If they can get more members to their group, they won't have to deal with this situation. They continued to eat some food and have a good time. Then two people approached the table. One girl seemed to have a very hyper personality. She had brown hair and looked at them with a goofy smile. The second person was a girl that seemed to be very calm and collected that had white hair. She also had long ears that looked like she was an elf from one of the books he used to read.

"Hello! I'm Olive. It was mentioned that we should come here to deal with the spider-infested forest. My partner here who does not speak much is Blake! I hope we all get along!"

Olive yelled and bounced up and down. Blake, standing beside her, reprimanded her yelling, who sighed and smacked her head.

"I am sorry for my friend's behaviour here. I am Blake a wind magic user. While Olive is an earth magic user. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope we get along well while doing this job."

Zero nodded and explained their magic to their group. He could tell that Olive may be a problem if they ever needed stealth for the job. Hopefully, Blake can keep her partner in line. His eyes were fixed on them as he checked them out. Blake was a short white-haired woman with small breasts but had an impressive figure and an ass. While Olive had very substantial breasts and a gorgeous figure, she was the shortest woman by far. He will get along with them just fine.

"Well, what do we have here? Are some newbies having fun with each other? I can't believe I have to spend time working with you guys. But ladies if you are interested in being in my bed as a payment let me know."

A man with blue hair and black eyes carrying a sword walked over to them. He had a smug smile on his face. He looked like a king, and he sounded like it would be an honour to sleep with him. Zero could already tell he was not going to like this guy at all.

Zero sighed and looked at the guy with a hateful glare. He has terrible luck and has to deal with many assholes whenever he meets someone new. He looked at the badge on his shirt. Jake, and it seems he is a C rank with water magic. If this guy does not pull his weight and is all talk, he will use him as bait. Sadly for him and the ladies, this will be a long journey.

3