Ah Shit! Too many De-Spiders!
15 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third-person view

The group made their way to the gates of the village. The ladies and Zero stayed a bit away from Jake, who seemed to be full of himself. The group approached a carriage that seemed to be waiting for them. They all got on the carriage and started the long journey. On the way to the forest infested with spiders, they continued to hear Jake's annoying voice. He is telling stories of how great his adventures were. Zero and the others had enough of this guy talking about himself like he was a demi-god.

"Look, Jake, we understand that you think you're a tremendous adventurer. Nevertheless, we are of the same rank as each other. Are also of the same rank. I also have four types of magic at my disposal. Do you see me trying to brag like I am the god of adventuring? No, I don't so how about you keep your mouth shut?"

He looked at Zero with a hateful glare. He prepares his weapon but was stopped by Blake. She gave him a cold glare and smacked him on the wagon's floor.

"You like causing trouble for all of us. You need to realise that this world does not revolve around you. If you can't take a couple of suggestions, you might not be as good as you may think in the end."

Jake looks at Blake indifferently and scoffed at her, and sheaths his weapon. He sits back down and stays quiet for once. Each member of the group gave Blake a smile of satisfaction. The group finally had a good deal of peace with Jake. Olive yelled about the scenery and was trying to ask all about Zero and the two ladies that have been with him.

"So what is the plan for this job?" We are dealing with spiders that will probably be bigger than normal. Maybe we should look for the nest and kill them all from there. Maybe Ashley can set fire to the nest and kill all that come out in the process."

The plan was agreed upon by all members of the party. Olive, however, seemed to want to talk to Zero about something. She walked up to him and sat next to him.

"So what type of magic do you have Zero? You mentioned you had four types of magic. I was wondering what they were. They are usually only a few people who possess only three types of magic let alone four."

She looked at him with sparkles in her eyes like he was a celebrity. He sighed and held out his hand and made 4 different orbs of each element. They swirled around his hand in circles.

"Well, I have Blood, Dark, Death, and Shadow magic. These types of magic complement each other very well so I can cast many spells to deal with my enemies. Also, I have a lot of mana to use since I have many types at my disposal. I have been trying to make a lot of new spells for a lot of situations."

Olive looked at the orbs in his hand with childlike wonder. While Blake also looked at the orbs with interest as they swirled around in his hand. While Jake gazed at them with jealousy and contempt. He wanted to have more than one magic type like Zero. He deserved to have that power more than that wimp. Zero continued to swirl the orbs around the wagon. He looked at Jake who was giving him a look of hate.

'Hmm, I should watch out for this guy. He seems to have a problem with me. I think we could use him as bait for the monsters or as a meat shield if he tries something. However, I am aware that one of these people at the party is watching us and will report anything we do to the guild if we do something wrong. It would be most beneficial if I just let things play out. As long as his target is me it should be fine.'

When the wagon arrived at the forest, it was advised that an infestation had taken place. The group got off the wagon and told the rider to wait for them. This is because it will only take a few hours at most for the job to be completed. The group walked into the forest to look around and spot something that could be any signs of where the spiders were nesting. As they walked deeper into the forest they found a lot of spider webs on the trees and the plants. A few bones can be seen on the webs of animals.

"Alright, everyone stays together. Since spiders normally ambush their prey when they are alone, it is important that we stay together and do not get separated. Also, don't touch the web since they may alert them. I know that spiders usually sense when something is stuck in their web. On the web, the more you struggle, the more they know where you are. So don't touch any webs at all."

All of them nodded but Jake seemed to take the advice as nothing but nonsense. They continued to walk deeper into the forest. Where they came upon a cave that had a lot of webs around it and appeared to have some small spiders at the entrance of the cave. The spiders seemed to be a tiny bit wider than normal spiders but nothing crazy. Jake started laughing as he saw them.

"Are these the spiders we have to deal with? I mean come on these small guys could never hurt anyone. They are pretty weak and smaller than what we were going to face. Here guys let me deal with these pests."

As Jake was shooting out a water slice, he was able to cut through the webs and the little spiders in half. He started to laugh while the others looked at him in anger. The group tried to stop him since they realised that they were probably babies and the mom should be in the cave with the older ones. A creature's screaming was heard. Then, four yellow and black spiders crawled out of the cave. The group takes a step back as they see a giant spider that is the size of a massive cave. As it looks at them, it lets out a cry of sorrow for its dead children as it towers above them.

"What the hell is that thing? Why the hell is it so big? I thought it was one of those small spiders, not this massive creature we have to face! I can't handle this thing I am out of here!"

Jake tries to run off but is caught by a web that the brood mother spider shoots out of. He struggled to get out as the rest of the group got ready for the fight. Olive pulls out a staff while Blake draws out a katana. Ashley takes out her newly acquired war fans while Jasmine makes a snake out of water. When I take out Ripper from my Shadow, Nova growls on my head, readying for battle.

"Well, shit now we gotta do this the long way rather than sticking to the plan. Alright everyone let's do this! Jake, you can make yourself useful and be bait for us. Try not to work too much idiot"

3