Wyvern Attack! (2)
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third-person view

The man who rushed into the guild rushed out. Everyone in the guild paused for a moment in silence and then mass panic ensued. All the people in the guild ran in many directions around the guild. Some tried to grab weapons while others tried to hide for cover. Zero's group glanced at Jessica who seemed worried. She then was approached by a man in armour who seemed to have some wounds on his body. As the man spoke to her she scanned through a few papers in a panic. Then she looked up from the papers and looked at everyone in the guild panicking.

"Alright, everyone! I need you all to fight the Wyvern located to the North of the Village. Every one who causes some damage to the Wyvern shall be paid. Depending on your contribution to the raid your pay will increase or decrease. Now get out there and show this giant lizard not to attack our guild!"

All the adventurers roared with hope and fire in their eyes as they heard Jessica's speech. Cowards who hid were even motivated to fight. All the members of the guild grabbed weapons and hurried out of the guild to the north of the village. Zero's group also rushed out of the guild towards the north of the town. The townspeople ran in the opposite direction. As they ran through the town they could see some homes destroyed and caved in by what looked to be a brute force from a large monster.

The town was in ruin as they progressed into the northern part of it. The group saw all the houses and shops in ruins. They did not see any people or dead bodies. The group continued to run with the rest of the adventurers. The group finally reached where the fight was happening. There were adventures and the town guard stood on the front lines facing a massive Wyvern. The Wyvern was all black with enormous wings and red eyes. The tail had razor-sharp spikes to impale and bash enemies with. It had massive arms with claws that could impale anyone.

The group saw most adventures and the town guard stood on the front lines. Then they saw people dressed in mage robes and casting spells. I think Ashley and Jasmine mentioned a mage guild that focused on magic. They discussed ways to improve spells or use magic to make the world a better place. On the back lines, there were people dressed in white robes with golden linings that seemed to heal people who had injuries. They used light magic to heal some wounds of injured people. This must have been the church faction. They worshipped the goddess Aurora, who was said to create the world. She also gave the first saints light and life magic that brought life and creation to the world.

He had never seen all the factions before so he was surprised that they were all here working together. They seemed to be at odds with each other from the information he was given. The mages fired all types of elements. Some tossed fireballs and lightning bolts. While others made Earth spikes underneath the Wyvern that tried to pierce its scales. The leader of the group seemed to have a portal constantly open in front of them. All their attacks were thrown into the portal and out the other side to the Wyvern. The leader in question must be a space magic user to make a portal. They did not have to get close and cast spells due to the portal which was a brilliant plan.

The church priests dealt with the wounded on the backlines. Zero and the group charged into the front lines. They all had their weapons out ready to deal with the giant lizard. The Wyvern roared as more guild members rush to the front lines. Ashley took out her fan and fed it mana. It began to glow red as she rushed to the front of the Wyvern. She fanned the giant lizard in front of her with her war fan. Waves of fire rushed towards the monster burning some of its scales. It roared in pain as waves of fire and adventurers attacked from both sides. Jasmine started to weave a giant water snake around its neck to keep it bound.

The Wyvern clawed at the snake around its neck. It roared in anger and used its tail to bash the people in front of it. Olive with her staff rushed in front of the attack and slammed her staff on the ground. She built an earth wall to block the tail attack. The wall took the impact of the attack but was broken down and most people behind the wall were flung back. It is a good thing that no one was seriously injured when the wall collapsed. With her sword, Blake swirled the air around the sword and attacked one of its eyes with an air slash attack.

The Wyvern roared as one of its eyes was cut by the wind's slash. As it lost its eye, it roared and thrashed in pain. The adventurers took advantage of its moment of pain and attacked with spells and weapons. While the magic guild mages sent out a volley of spells at the beast. Zero summoned Ripper from his shadow to make a frost cone attack with Nova. The wave of frost froze the Wyvern in place making it unable to fly away with its wings.

Zero then looked at the Wyvern and imbued his mana into the weapon. A red aura with hints of black motes covered his scythe and he sent a slash of blood mixed with death energy. Wyvern roared in agony and pain from the slash as it suffered a giant wound. His attack cut through the beast's scales. The Adventurers saw the devastating attack and attacked with newfound hope. The best roared and struggled to get free from some water snakes and ice.   

"Well, I guess I have to try out this new spell I have been working on. Take this giant lizard with wings! Blood implode!"

Zero holds out his hand and a red wave of mana attaches to the Wyvern. It seemed to make a giant red spot that made a beeping sound and slowly made more waves of stronger mana. The adventurers moved back from the Wyvern due to mana building. The Wyvern roared in pain feeling its blood move and burn like fire. The red spot continued to grow until a giant explosion came from the Wyvern. The Wyvern burst out of blood from all its wounds.

The Wyvern thrashed and finally died from all the blood loss from the wounds. The blood seemed to burn the monster from inside. All the people on the battlefield cheered as the monster was slain. Everyone roared with excitement and happiness when the battle was finally over. The wounded were brought to the backlines to heal from the fight. Most people on the field gave Zero a pat on the back and an approving look.

Then as they were all celebrating a man dressed in black robes with a skull on the robe walked to the Wyvern's corpse. The people surrounded him with strange looks on their faces. The ground started to shake as the man touched the Wyvern. Green mana that looked toxic gathered around the man and the Wyvern. The Wyvern's skin began to fade and bones started showing. The Wyvern's red eyes were now sickly green as it opened them again. It looked at all the adventurers on the battlefield and roared. The man stood on the Wyvern's head with his green eyes showing under his hood. He laughed at the despair on everyone's faces.

"Well, you should not have celebrated too soon. Our new god shall rise in this world. Spreading death across the land and changing the world in our image. I hope you will all be able to see it."

Zero and the group looked at the newly risen Wyvern and the man on top of it. Well, this just got harder than it was supposed to be. Time for round two of this Attack and this time this Lizard will stay dead.

1