Preparing For A Dungeon!
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third-person view

With motes of light that slowly disappeared from the Wyvern, the adventurers gathered around it to watch the monster slowly disappear. The bones that were created started to crumble around them. They all looked at Zero who jumped off the platform as it crumbled to pieces.He looked at all of them staring at him with shocked faces. They all cheered and patted Zero on the back when he was next to them. Even the mages were impressed with the spell he used. The control and intent of the spell seemed very complex in that a person had to be connected to death to use that spell.

"Zero great job! I knew you could solve the problem. Also, that was a very impressive spell you did there. Sadly the Wyvern is destroyed so there is nothing left to sell to the guild but I am sure we will still be paid by the capital or the town."

Jasmine looked at Zero with a proud smile on her face. The priests gazed at Zero with strange looks on their faces. Some were looking at him with a look of worship while the leader of the priests was appearing to have a serious look on his face and whispered to someone while glancing at Zero. They seemed to glance at him periodically as everyone else thanked Zero for his contribution. Jessica ran towards the scene with many townspeople curious about what had happened.

"Well since there is not a body to sell we will still pay everyone for their contribution. Now Mr Zero thank you for your contribution. You will be an A rank when you return from the job you requested earlier. Now Mr Zero and his party will get paid 2k gold each while the rest of you will be rewarded 1k gold."

A lot of adventurers cheered and celebrated the prospect of money. The town cheered when they realized the monster was dead. The town guard and some adventurers cleaned up the rubble and the battlefield. People in town also tried to repair their broken homes or get things out of the rubble of their destroyed homes.  Zero and the group walked away from the scene and decided to wait for Jessica back at the guild to discuss the dungeon job.

The group made it to the guild where many people came in to get their money reward for defending the town. Some people who did nothing and hidden tried to get some money as well. However, it seems they kept track of who fought.The group decided to sit at the corner of the guild and wait patiently for Jessica since she seemed busy due to the event that had happened. Many people looked at them and sent them a thankful nod or look of gratitude as they looked their way.

"So dear what was that spell you cast on the man? It looked like a zone spell. However, it did have a huge effect on the man and the Wyvern when it was used. It felt like something was in the air when you used it."

Ashley looked at Zero with curiosity and awe as she remembered the spell he used. The spell control must have been incredible. Also, the spell power at first did not seem that strong, but the effect was very striking to see.The enemy seemed to be affected by whatever spell did. Scale and execution felt so much more than a simple spell they are used to. It felt like someone watched their very soul. Zero closed his eyes and sighed as he tried to remember the feeling when he used the spell.

"Well I wish I could tell you but I can't. Something possessed me when I cast that spell. He started talking about his god and that he was above death. I felt all the rage and sins he had, and I just cast a spell to judge him."

The group took in Zero's words and felt there was more about the spell. They heard what he was saying about death and the afterlife. Zero did not seem like himself at that moment. He felt connected to something higher or primal in a way.Legends used to say that the Ancestors could connect to their element and understand it better than most people. Zero might have potential comparable to the founders. Blake then patted Zero's head like a mother is proud of her son when he did something good.

"Well, you did a fantastic job and helped everyone. Your power and skill turned the battlefield to our side. I am happy you were here to help the town because there would have been many deaths if you were not here."

He just smiled and happily accepted the praise and pat on the head. The group started to think about what the man said about his god. Also, his magic seemed like Zero's but more tainted and disgusting. The bones were green and corrosive like acid. They had never seen that type of magic before. It felt so wrong and disgusting that they shivered at the thought of it. While waiting they decided to order some food and enjoy each other's company.

"Zero do you know what the plan is for tomorrow in the dungeon? Because this will be our first time doing a big dungeon that could take a few days. I was thinking we would rest tonight and head out tomorrow to the dungeon."

Zero nodded at the idea and enjoyed the food while thinking about theories about what the man was talking about. He could feel all the sins and pain in that man's life when he was in that state and casting the spell. So much pain and loss filled his heart.In order to bring back his loved ones, he must have lost his way in life. As in the past, he wanted Luna to return. He realized that if he tried to return her back it would be against her wishes. He wanted to accept death with a smile just like her.

Jessica came into the guild with a group of people. People talked to her and yelled at her about wanting their money for people who needed their homes fixed. She looked very stressed and got angry as more people came.We all watched as she handled each person very well. This reminded me of Karens demanding things from staff in a store. Well, there will always be a Karen in any world. She then finally finished dealing with all the people rushing towards her and waved us over.

"Thank you for waiting Zero, unlike some people in this guild. It's time for you to go to the dungeon tomorrow. It is located near a small village where you will be given a ride. The dungeon should be south of the village. Your money for the raid will be ready for you when you return."

Jessica handed them the job paper which stated that they would explore the dungeon for 3k gold. They will take any monster's bodies we find. The job seemed simple, just have fun and explore the dungeon. They all agreed to the job and returned back to the house to prepare for their next job with some rest and relaxation. Let's hope this keeps them from having to deal with anything stupid or unexpected in the future.

0