Dreams Of Suffering in Other Worlds….
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third-person view

The group headed to the house located in the south of the city. They saw many people helping fix destroyed houses or even heal people with minor injuries due to the attack. The town was not beyond repair which was always an encouraging thing after an attack. Also, no lives seemed to be lost which was always the most positive news after an attack. The group continued to their house and reached the front gate. Their house was the same as they left it in as they entered the front yard.

“So are you girls ready for the job tomorrow? It will be a fun adventure and our first dungeon. There will be tons of monsters or even treasures that could help us in our journey. Or it might be useless stuff we don’t need but sell."

The group ladies nodded at Zero’s comment. A dungeon was a place where adventurers loved to explore and get things they needed or sold. Also, there can even be things like getting spells or weapons of power from dungeons. Jasmine did not have a weapon to complement her element. She could heal and shape her water magic into snakes due to her bracelet but she required something more. The others all had weapons but needed more spells to add to their arsenals. Zero on the other hand seemed to have everything he needed, so he had no idea what he was lacking.

“Zero we think we are ready for whatever we face. I wanted to ask what you might even need in the dungeon when we get some rewards. After all you have most of your gear already and you don't really need new spells or a weapon since you have one already.”

Blake was right with her comment about him having everything he needed. Maybe he wanted something that could help him become stronger or maybe he wanted a spell he never thought of before that could help him. It will be interesting to see new spells he has never thought of before, and there could be some items that could be useful.

“Well, I always find something useful. Also, I am just looking forward to having fun exploring something entirely different. Now as for you ladies, I think some of you could need some updated spells and Jasmine a weapon. Maybe if we are lucky one of you can get a familiar."

The ladies all seemed excited about the prospect of getting a familiar. They loved Nova when she was born into the world. They would always play and hug Nova whenever she was sleeping or not busy staying with me. Nova was very attached to me and always stuck by me. She really is like a daughter to me and I love her so much. I can’t wait to show Luna her newly born daughter.

The group decided to make dinner before heading to bed. They decided to make roasted chicken with rice to serve with it. They had a wonderful meal together. Zero looked at the group and wondered how long these happy times would last. Will they find out how scary a monster he is or will they accept him for what he truly is?

Well, there is only one person who always accepts him. She has always been with him in every world they have been in. She saw him slaughter people and torture people and still smiles while looking at him. The group headed to bed after that long day of fighting and preparing for their next job.

As Zero slept, a different scene played out as he dreamed. He looked like a younger version of himself but on a battlefield with tons of bodies around him. Many men were dressed in armour and carried medieval weapons around them. He walked on all the bodies forward. There were still many enemies in front of them so he killed them one by one. He was like a weapon in human form. Zero was dressed in armour but looked the same. However, his eyes were dead cold with no emotion as he was like an emotionless doll.

“Another life again? I wonder, will she die again in my arms or live? What am I kidding? The curse is a never-ending cycle. Whenever we visit a world, there is only death and despair. All the lives I have taken for my ideals are disgusting. The only thing keeping me on track is her light.”

Zero continued to walk forward on the battlefield. Enemies charged at him as he walked forward. He cut them down with a black scythe. There were no white cracks like his current one. It seemed to be an entirely different weapon than we are used to seeing. He cut them down like they were pests on his way. He walked towards a hill with white flowers around it. He saw many bodies on the hill. He continued to walk up the hill and at the top was the person he was looking for.

“Zero we finally see each other again. You should give up on me my love. It is impossible for us to have a happy ending if you keep loving me and chasing me to every world we live in. You should give up and find someone else. I wish you would not be so attached to me but I know I cannot let you go.”

He looked at Luna again. So many worlds have lived and died. So much suffering and lives are taken for his ideals and rage. He however cannot let her go. He will always love her no matter what happens. It was in each world that she died in that he would follow and try to find her again. She would die from diseases and even murder or another reason. In some lives, he forgot his past memories and lives. However, Luna would always remember and show him love and be the light of his life. 

"I'm sorry, Luna, but I'm just a fool who will follow you everywhere. You know I will never give you up in this life and the next. We are tied together in more ways than one. I will continue forward and break this curse one day. I love you Luna more than anything in the world.”

Luna looked at him with her golden eyes and cried. She looked at his cold eyes that always reflect light as she looked at them. At night, they were like an empty night sky with zero stars. She could never give him up as he always followed her wherever she travelled. Each world he suffered because of the curse cast on them. He can only break the curse by stopping loving her or if the caster lifts it. Like every other life, he would always find her and care for her, even when he didn't remember her. What has she done to deserve someone like him?

“Zero you should already understand that I am destined to die in your arms. I hope you know that I will always love you as well. No one will take you away from me. I have seen all sides of you and I know I will always be in your heart no matter what. If you wish for the world to be ablaze, I will be by your side and let it burn with you. You are a monster Zero but you are my monster.”

Zero walked to her slowly with a smile and kissed her. He looked so full of life when he was with her. He could feel the world slow down just for them every moment they had. This is what he fought for in every life. Each life he wanted to see her one last time. He wanted to find her and hold on to her forever. One day he hoped this curse would end and he would never have to let go of her again. Sadly this dream always ends with a nightmare. 

An arrow from the enemy he came across shot her in the heart. His eyes grew cold as he looked at his lover being shot in the chest. He would lose her again just like in every world they had been to. You would think he would get used to the pain and sorrow but it only got more painful each time she died. He looked at her smile while her eyes faded away. He stood for a moment with her body in his arms. He set her down in a nearby tree and looked at the enemies surrounding him.

"I just had to see what was most meaningful to me taken away. Your kingdom shall burn with my pain. I will ensure you find mercy in death but in life, you shall only suffer. Death is a form of mercy, while life is a form of torture to me. Your death is my mercy to you.”

Following Zero's comment, he slaughtered everyone on the battlefield. So many lives were taken in his rage and anguish. He salughter kings that sent soldiers for their own greed. Women and children were the only ones spared in all this. There were those who called him a monster and others who called him a hero in that world. He may be a monster but he was only a monster to others like him or worse. At the end of his conquest, all the lives had been taken, and he stabbed himself in the chest. He spat out blood with a crazed smile as he looked up at the moon in the night sky.

“Let’s hope this next life is better than the last. Maybe…. Just maybe... This monster can have a happy ending after all...."

0