Preparing For A Dungeon!
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Third-person view

Zero and the ladies were all in the wagon, ready for their next job. Exploring the dungeon will be an enjoyable experience for them, and they'll see many different things. They did not have to bring camping gear since Zero could shadow travel back to the house. This allowed them to continue where they left off in the dungeon. The group had fun chatting with each other about random topics. They mostly talked about what types of monsters could be in the dungeon and the types of treasure there.

Zero thought of all those Dungeon Core Stories and wondered if these Dungeons were alive or aware of what they were and what they did. Dungeons are supposedly mana spots that purify any pollution and other problems that humans have created. This seemed to make sense since people or humans defrost things to make homes or throw out trash. If they had dungeons on Earth, he wondered if it would be better or worse.

“So, are you girls excited to see the dungeon today? I know I am excited to explore something new. Since our house has been a dungeon but not a complete one, I wish to see how a dungeon is.”

The girls nodded and agreed with Zero. They were all excited and ready to tackle a dungeon. The house did not count as a dungeon because it did not have time to develop or even spawn monsters. However, what happened there touched their hearts and affected them deeply. The pain in that home was horrifying, but they were happy everyone could pass on peacefully and have fun in the afterlife.

“Yeah, Zero, we are ready and looking forward to it! I can’t wait to fight the bad guys and bash some heads while looking for loot. I wonder if there is a dragon down there. That would be cool! Then I can get a dragon’s head as a trophy. That would be amazing to brag about.”

Olive yelled cheerfully about waiting to become famous and other things. She always had so much energy in the group. Blake covered her mouth when she spoke too much and was too loud. Zero loved the duo dynamic, and they were total opposites of each other. Blake was trying to keep Olive's mouth shut while looking at him and agreeing with his statement. She liked the group they joined since Zero was a reliable leader.

The group continued to have fun in the wagon, talking to each other and making jokes. The wagon finally stopped, which seemed to be a small village. Two people waited for them at the front gate. One person appeared to be a young man in a leather tunic. He had red hair and a bright smile on his face. While the woman standing near him had yellow hair and glasses. She wore a secretary's suit. She was lovely in a mature working woman way. They both walked up to the group with a smile.

“Greetings, adventures. I am Alex, the Mayor of this town, and this is my assistant Astra. We welcome you to our town and thank you for coming to help with the dungeon problem. We have an inn for you to stay here. You can always ask anyone if you need anything, and they should know where to find us.”

The duo both seemed nice people to work with. Astra seemed very attractive, and he would like to meet her more. Alex appeared to be a young and pleasant man. After the last meeting, he met a mayor. This is a surprise for the group that they don’t have to deal with stuck-up people in power. Alex held his hand for a handshake, and Zero held out his hand with a smile. Alex reminded him of an old friend he had spoken to long ago.

“We are here to help. Most adventurers here are C rank while I am B rank and about to be A rank soon due to my strength. We would be happy to help with the dungeon issue for your village since I know you would not like that danger near you. Also, it is a pleasure to meet both of you and spend some time in your village.”

Alex and Astra smiled happily when they heard Zero’s response. They were glad the dungeon issue would be solved and that they were strong adventurers, they could rely on. The last ones they had to deal with were stuck up and challenging to deal with. They also seemed weak; only one returned from the dungeon, heavily injured. They would rather not have any kids from the village wander into the dungeon since many kids want to be adventurers. 

“Yes, as Alex said, Mr. Zero, we are delighted you are in our village to help us with our problem. If you need anything, please let me know. I am sure I can help you out in any way if you truly need me. Also, the guild assured us of your past jobs and strength. So please let us know if you would like anything at all.”

Astra looked Zero up and down as she said that to them. She said it to him in a seductive tone that had a double meaning. He looked at her and nodded with a smile as he would not mind having her help him the way she implied she would help. Alex left them to themselves since he figured Astra could aid them with anything they needed. He gave them a brief farewell and returned to what he was doing before they came.

“While Alex is busy, I can lead you and your group to the inn you will stay in. Each of you will have a room and a complimentary breakfast tomorrow. You should head out first thing in the morning tomorrow since it would be helpful to have the entire day to explore. You would then return at night to report your progress.”

The group nodded, but the ladies did not like not sharing a room with Zero. Astra walked them around the village towards the inn. Many people walked around the village, enjoying the shops and vendors. Many shops and vendors sell food, jewelry, and clothes. Some of the kids in town looked at the group with awe, like they were looking at a superhero in real life.

 They continued to walk around the town a bit, and Astra told them about the town and some of the history of how the village started. Alex's great-grandfather founded this town with his brother. In spite of the fact that the brother only wanted destruction and ritual power, he only wanted to use the people of the town. Alex’s ancestor killed his brother, and the town regarded him as a hero for years to come. Each generation of his legacy became mayor. Alex is the 12th-generation mayor and probably will not be the last. Several rumors have circulated about the dungeon being the brother’s revenge.

The group finally reached the inn with Astra. She headed inside and talked with the innkeeper, and she came out with keys for everyone with a number on them from one to five. She explained to them that their rooms were upstairs and the number of keys matched the rooms for them. She got them the most comfortable rooms available. The innkeeper seemed to be an older gentleman who waved when they walked in. 

“Well, I hope you all have a wonderful night. Don't forget to relax for the night, get dinner, and head out in the morning. The dungeon is in the forest south of the village. Now I hope you all have a nice time, and please be careful tomorrow.”

0