Chapter 2 – Supernatural
487 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The white light emerged out of the chest and enveloped everything.

 

Pandora Box had saved humanity. As soon as the white light vanished, the great Pandora Box disappeared from the sky as if it was never there to begin with. 

 

When the white light was gone, some people started seeing some words hanging in the air. They could not understand those words, they written in a foreign language. 

When they reported this to officials, they came to a conclusion that it was some kind of mental disorder. Humanity had gone through many disasters. It was a miracle that they had survived all of those ordeals. Due to these reasons doctors dismissed it as a mental illness. But after a week, each and every remaining person on Pandora started seeing those things. The strange thing was, that every person saw the same screen but they could not see it together. After some research and decoding, characters present on the screen  finally activated, people could understand those words and those words became the 'Status Screen' of a person.

The screen showed everything about the current condition of the person hence, the name 'Status' screen. But the most important thing which happened was the people of Pandora got 'Superpowers'.

When the status screen was discovered people could see information about themselves. It told them about their medical condition, about their physical and mental capabilities and a general introduction of their personality. 

But people eventually noticed a field of " Latent Superpower" . It had some conditions related to it, but it said, 'If you successfully fulfill the given conditions you can unlock  your latent power.'

Some people fulfilled those conditions and gained access to extraordinary powers. Some became very fast, some got super strength, some could control fire and many more.

Soon every person on Pandora had some sort of superpower. 

Now the question may arise, what did they do with those superpowers? 

Billions of monsters.

Billions of monsters were waiting to devour the remaining population. At first, they got scared and hid due to the fear of the Pandora Box. But soon after, their attack started in full force.

People used these superpowers to defend themselves, and that is how the civilization of Pandora was able to survive till this date.

Well times have changed now . Humanity has advanced again and ushered into the era of technology. Humans, Elves, Dwarves and other species have learnt to live with these new powers.

This new world of mine is not so peaceful. 

'Status'

NAME - ALBERT AUGUSTINE

 AGE- 21

GENDER - MALE 

STRENGTH - 7                    AGILITY - 6 

ENDURANCE - 8               INTELLIGENCE- 15

STAMINA - 8                         LUCK - 11

MENTAL CONDITION - DEPRESSED

PHYSICAL CONDITION - SKINNY, WEAK

PERSONALITY - INTROVERT

SKILLS - NONE 

POWER - HYPNOSIS

 

According to this so called status screen, the power I had was of 'Hypnosis' and it was already activated.

'Hypnosis' - a power that lets you control the minds of others. That's the only thing I know about this power.

While having the power to control minds of people sounds really cool and one could do some real devious things with it, I mean some REAL devious things, I don't think hypnotising someone is that easy. And if this was really such a broken power, I doubt the original Albert would be working as a mere bank manager.

Now, the real question arises. The major problem. The most important thing at this moment of time... What do I do now ? 

I have crossed worlds. I have become someone else. I don't know if I will be able to live to see another day. I don't know anyone. I don't know if I will be able to communicate with someone else. Would other people notice the difference between the real Albert and me? Would they think he got possessed? Well, he did get possessed technically speaking.

I need to survive. I need to 'live' for a few days. I will get a little more used to this world by then.

As I looked out of the window again, I found I was leaving in a neighborhood  with lots of houses. There were many people walking on the roads, going on with their daily lives. I could see children running on roads, food stalls, shops, street vendors,etc. It was a lively neighborhood. 

I then went through my apartment. There was a bed, a bathroom, a table, a shelf and a fridge. There was some canned food in the fridge. I don't know why he kept canned food, but I think this solves my food problem for a few days. I then rummaged through the shelf. In the shelf I found some clothes, blankets, bedsheets and a locker. 

I don't know what it had, but I really hope there was some money in it. I had found a wallet int the man's coat. It had 3 notes and some coins.

Come to think of it, I need to learn about the currency of this world. There was a mobile phone on the bed. I was going to check it, but was assaulted by headache.

Let's try to search things up, if at all, this world has internet that is.....

I really hope it has.

                      

4