Epilogue: The Happily Ever after Fairy
331 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Today is finally the big day....our wedding day. The day I'll become Kenta's wife and a Queen as well.

I just woke up and slowly opened the curtains. Kenta's still asleep, but he too will need to prepare soon. It's the season of winter, so the sun won't be up for another hour or two at least. The freshly fallen snow makes it look so peaceful outside. 

Even though it's pretty cold, people are walking through the streets. But these people are Dragonkin, not Kitsune. They're pulling their long, scaly tails through the snow which makes me wonder....aren't those tails freezing? 

 

After having breakfast separately from Kenta, which was a bit sad, Aria helped me into my wedding dress. People in this city apparently get married early in the morning, which means we'll have almost a full day to party!!

It's customary for the bride and groom to arrive separately, each in their own carriage. I however opted for a more relaxing morning and decided to just teleport to the Public Hall of Worship. A marriage is a public event where everyone is welcome...but the invitees, like my friends and family, get front row tickets to our wedding.

 

Aria and I arrive on the Hall's top floor by teleporting. It's completely reserved for the bride, a.k.a. me. Kenta is preparing for the wedding on the first floor, and according to Aria time is almost up. That reminds me, I still have to learn how these people read time. But not now, not today.

"Relax, Sasami, all will be just fine." Aria said while watching me nervously walk to and fro the window.

"Ha! Easy for you to say, you're not the one who's getting married!"

"I know, but I've been there." She says calmly.

"Wha?? You're married?" At least I stopped pacing.

"Of course! Why is that so surprising?"

"Eh...I don't know? I thought you were.....too young?"

"Ha ha ha....you're only 17 and telling me that I'm too young to get married? I'm 23, Sasami. Now relax!"

I take a deep breath and feel calmer immediately. "Okay.....when do I...?"

"When the first bell rings, just like we said. It won't be much longer."

 

DING. A loud bell just rang, but it had a very deep ring to it, taking almost forever to stop echoing through the Hall.

"Okay.....so...now?"

"Yes, Sasami, now. Let me help you."
She takes my hand and helps me down the stairs which I can't see very well due to my dress. And those shoes...better not think about those.

When we reach the first floor, there's no sign of Kenta, but that's according to the plan. He's only allowed to walk on the second bell. Please don't ask, I didn't invent their religion. Must be Dragonkin culture, I forgot to ask.

She gives me a modestly sized flower bouquet consisting of only blue flowers.

Aria then takes me to the Hall which is currently filled with guests. The Public Hall of Worship is basically the size of a football field. Most people are Dragonkin, but I also see Kitsune and of course many, many Fairies. But the Fairies are again separated from the other races to avoid them from being crushed.

"Alright, it's time, Sasami. I'll stay here. You may take your place now." Aria whispers. I didn't reply, just nodded to her.

It is absolutely quiet in there and I remember to start smiling, so that's what I do even though I'm beyond nervous. God, I hope I don't make any mistakes. Future Queen, marrying the King...lots of important people here...no pressure. I hear someone coughing, but it seems to be a genuine cough, I'm still good.

I'm slowly walking in total silence towards the altar. Clack, clack, clack....the only sounds echoing through the Hall are the sounds of my own shoes.

"Mwaaaa....shhhh... " It seems someone brought their baby along. Whatever...focus Sasami...focus. My god, that kid had a loud voice.

Near the altar I see a familiar face waiting, it's Priestess Oreal. She winks and smiles, but I'm not going there just yet. When I approach her, I return the wink and take a right turn...then walk all the way to my waiting place near the wall. Once there, I turn around to face the Priestess and wait there in total solitude. God, I'm so nervous. Smile...keep smiling..so nervous.

 

DING....the second bell just rang, meaning they probably waited for me to reach my temporary parking spot.

 

I see two children approaching, both Dragonkin. They're holding candles and are lighting dozens of big candles on the altar. The Priestess must be in her element now, she definitely likes candles. That reminds me...I left her in a hurry that time...demanding to let sunlight enter that room. I wonder if she complied with my demand.

And still.....total silence.

"Achoo." A Dragonkin man near me just sneezed.

"Bless you," I said without thinking, as I'm supposed to remain quiet. A few people laughed, but kindly and also probably from being a bit nervous, sitting so far in front where everyone could see them.

When I saw the good man glow for a second, I realized I might have accidentally really blessed him and healed him from the common cold. Well, what's done is done. He smiles and nods out of gratitude, a perfect gentleman, but he doesn't say a word.

Ah, there's my family! I wink at Melody who nods and then returns the wink.

Then I see Kenta walking towards the altar. No clickety-clack sounds of course, but the sound of sturdy footsteps. He's wearing a uniform, quite handsome, but that's only one reason I'll be marrying him. He's wearing a proper crown and a saber which is fastened on the belt at his waist. Definitely handsome.

Our eyes meet and we both smile, but he quickly focuses on his route towards his waiting place. When he finally arrives, we're standing opposite of each other, separated by quite a distance, both near a wall.

 

Then suddenly the third bell rings. DING.

 

And immediately trumpet-like musical instruments disperse the cold, silent emptiness that was in this Hall, replacing it with feelings of joy and anticipation. The trumpeters are standing above everyone on a platform near the entrance. I hadn't noticed them before, because I didn't enter this Hall from that point. The sound of those instruments give me goosebumps, sounding majestic and the sound is echoing through the entire Hall....until they suddenly stop.

Again....nothing but silence. Imagine standing there. A tiny Fairy next to many huge sitting Dragonkin.

The Priestess, who stands before the Fairy sized altar, speaks in a loud voice....somehow amplified for all to hear. I could swear she was using a microphone, but.....nah...that's impossible.

Ah, that's right, I have to shrink most guests before they can enter the Palace's ballroom. We could have planned the festivities in the Dragonkin Palace, but hey, this works too, right? Oops, focus, Sasami!

 

"Ladies and gentlemen. Esteemed guests of the Royal Family. Friends, neighbors, everyone......we have gathered here in this mighty Hall of Worship before the ever watchful eyes of the gods.

Today it is my sacred duty and honored privilege to perform the union between his Royal Highness King Kenta, carrying the name of Oakstripe.....and her Royal highness, Princess Sasami, carrying the name of Ebisawa.

Now approach before the gods, King Kenta, and Princess Sasami.

That's my cue. I slowly begin walking towards the altar, and I see Kenta doing the same. When I walk past my mother, I see her wink at me, and her smile is genuine...she's really proud of me and that gives me courage to continue, overcoming my nervousness. This is supposed to be fun, Sasami! Focus! My smile has returned and I feel much calmer.

Kenta and I stop very close to each other, as we have rehearsed twice. Then the Priestess says "now please face me and the gods, so you both may speak the truth." We turn around to face her and wait for her to continue.

 

She starts reciting ancient texts about the creation of the planet, naming all the deities. Those names were my input for her, considering I actually met them in person. After listening to these mostly not so interesting but still necessary parts, we arrived at the most interesting part.

"Now, Kenta, will you honor and love Sasami as your wife, and create a bond with her that cannot even be broken by the gods themselves?"

"I do, with all my heart." He looks at me and smiles, then looks at the Priestess again.

"And you, Sasami. Will you honor and love Kenta as your husband, and create a bond with him that cannot even be broken by the gods themselves?"

I recite the words that I have practiced so many times, considering we both have our own lines.
"I do, with all my spirit." I too look and smile at him for a brief moment, then focus on the Priestess again.

"Then as witnessed by the gods, the people gathered here and me as your Priestess, I hereby declare you both King and Queen, Husband and Wife, two equal parts of a single heart....may you be blessed by the gods."

We glance at the Priestess, and she smiles, whispering "yes, now you may kiss..."

We let our hands touch as practiced, interweaving our fingers and then our lips touch....KISS.

 

Without any warning, loud and cheerful music starts playing in the back, nothing solemn, but definitely happy music. And more importantly....all colors from the rainbow just enter the windows around us like rays of the sun.

Even the Priestess was surprised, she shouts, compensating for the music, "the gods have deemed you worthy of bonding! You are blessed!"

If that wasn't enough, both our wings start to glow brightly. We release the kiss and complete the ceremony by putting our backs against each other, letting our wings gently touch. A bright golden glow can be seen around our touching wings...creating Fairy dust. We then fly up a few feet into the air and twirl around each other, leaving a bright golden flow of particles behind us. The real use for Fairy dust is to apply magic energy to nature, but it's also useful to make a big impression at weddings...

And if you wondered, yes, my dress is perfectly suited for flight.

When we land we hold our hands and bow to the public. 

"Yeeeeeeeah!"  "Congratulations!" Everyone shouts celebratory words. Someone shouted "Kiss kiss kiss!"
So we were happy to accommodate that person by kissing again.

 

The music stops and the Priestess then completes her part by informing everyone where the festivities will be held. "The King and Queen shall host their festivities in the Royal Palace of Oakstripe. All invitees are requested to join the newly-weds once they leave this Hall. The general public will be allowed to congratulate the newly-weds in this very Hall, today in 7 days. Your majesty, the Queen's tiara if you will?"

I give my flower bouquet to the Priestess, as an offering to the gods....just another custom. It will be displayed here for a day or two.

Kenta then takes the prepared tiara from one of his attendants and gently puts it on my head, briefly touching my ears. 

Unfortunately rings are not a thing in this world, but who needs rings, right? The ruling monarch wears a crown and according to this country's traditions, I'm now allowed and expected to wear a tiara for formal occasions.

"Alright, that completes the Ceremony!  Your Majesties......3.....2.......1.....GO !"

And as tradition requires, we ran towards the now open entrance door while firmly holding hands, then entering our carriage. We will be the first to arrive at the Palace, and our guests will arrive soon.

 

After entering the carriage, we realized that we were finally alone and took our sweet time kissing while the driver slowly brought us home

 

After arriving back at the Palace, we received many congratulations from the staff. We then quickly changed into our prepared fresh clothes, ready to receive our guests. Luckily there was still time to take a quick toilet break.....it's the nerves probably....or the many cups of coffee I've had this morning.

 

We're both waiting right outside our ballroom, which is actually a bit larger than the one we met in, but the general idea is the same. A well polished wooden floor, crystal chandeliers...everything looks amazingly well prepared. The many staff are standing by at key positions, looking very competent in their green-white uniforms. A long line of connecting tables in a huge u-shape with pristine white tablecloth is ready to receive guests. I have no idea how many plates there are, but many, many people will fit in here. At the front is the dancing area, a place I have been worrying about for the last few months. They say practice makes perfect, and trust me, I've had enough of that.

Huge windows and doors welcome the daylight into this ballroom. Unfortunately it's too cold for the doors to remain open all the time, considering it's the winter season now. 

The first carriages arrive and we stand near the doors waiting to welcome the guests. Suddenly I feel the temperature rising.....someone's using magic to keep us warm. I'm not asking why....just enjoying the warmth.

I didn't know about the heat-magic, so apparently the doors will remain open until all guests have arrived. 
Wow, they've prepared everything extremely well!

The first to arrive in their "rental" carriage are my parents, Melody and her boyfriend. They congratulated us and quickly made way for the other guests in order to prevent a traffic jam from starting.

Next in line are the Dragonkin King and Queen, who I first needed to shrink to Fairy size. 

Then more guests arrived, some familiar faces but also many unfamiliar ones. The Priestess is the last to enter as required by protocol, signaling us that all guests have now arrived.

 

Nora and Blaze from my Clan are here as well. Mooseback, his wife and daughter too. All guests are now Fairy-sized people. The Furlings were a bit shocked....I may have forgotten to inform them about the size-issue, but they're fine now. It's just that they're walking on all fours that confused the other guests, but after introducing them to a few Fairies, the word spread fast enough to welcome them as friends, not as animals. Unfortunately no Buggos....that's where Kenta drew the line, and yeah....he might be right about that.

The Furlings seem to get along splendidly with the Dragonkin, apparently sharing many similar customs. Who would have guessed? Oh, and they are able to communicate with everyone, but for today only. That should prove that they are very intelligent.

 

After enjoying lunch, during which the musicians performed wonderfully, we took some time to talk to people in private. We have a little corner in this room where we can talk undisturbed and sometimes that's a good thing.

One of Kenta's Dragonkin friends congratulated us and I noticed that my family was waiting next in line. 

"Kenta, I didn't know you could afford such a beautiful dress for her?" A Dragonkin lady said snickering. She was referring to my wedding dress, not the one I'm wearing now, of course.

"I beg your pardon?" My mother said, obviously disgruntled.

I quickly moved to mother and whispered. "Mom....it's customary to start a conversation with an insult here, they mean nothing by it."

I see her nod and then she apologizes to the Dragonkin lady. "I'm sorry, I must have misheard. It was apparently only a simple misunderstanding."

The Dragonkin lady laughed. "Ha ha ha...no need to apologize, I forgot my manners, not everyone understands our customs."

Somehow I think they will get along nicely tonight.

 

When I was finally able to talk to my family, Melody provided me with an interesting update.
"Sis...I have...news." She glanced at her boyfriend.

"Nooo.....don't tell me....you two....?"

"Yes! He proposed to me......and I said yes!" 

"Yeeeeeeeah!" I shout loud enough to draw the attention of others.

Both Melody and I do the "dance of joy." It's something we performed each time when we succeeded in completing a dancing lesson. Just imagine two girls jumping while giggling, and you have a fair idea what we're doing right now.

Kenta whispers in my ear "Sasami, what was that about?"

"Oh that? Just the infamous dance of joy. Don't worry, it's a sister thing."

"Oh....of course...sure." Luckily Kenta is used to my antics by now. Mother however didn't look all too pleased, but....it's too late for that now.

 

 

When you're talking to people, time flies and that means that the event most people are looking forward to, dancing, will start soon. But first dinner, and then right after sunset, dancing.

Dinner was even more extravagant than lunch. It absolutely screamed "luxury" in all possible ways. Plates with real golden ornaments. Golden cutlery....fresh flowers in vases next to every plate. My god, this wedding must have cost a fortune to prepare!

Just like during lunch, I had to intervene when my Clan was about to start eating. They're not used to eating like this and they're quite uncomfortable with all this fancy stuff around them. So I told them not to worry about anything. I don't care that they're wearing their own "Wild" clothes....I like them just the way they are, and I told that to anyone who wanted to hear it. They're my Clan, my friends, my family for life.

The Furlings...yeah....not going so well. First of all, they can't sit at a table....so the staff put plates on the floor for them, something I found to be very distasteful. I apologized to Mooseback for the misunderstanding and guided them to a table. They just stand in front of it, not sitting down. Even though they can use their paws, they simply can't use our cutlery. They told me they had already skipped lunch, afraid to make a scene and dishonor their goddess...a.k.a. me. So I simply reminded them about how important they are to me and that they should never fear asking me anything.

Mooseback then asks me bluntly, not caring about what others might think, "Sasami......do you have something more....edible? The plants were....not really that fresh."  I think he's looking apologetic, if I read his expression correctly.

"I'm sorry, Mooseback....If you wish, I'll take you and your family home right now."

"Wouldn't that upset you?"

"No.....of course not! You are my friends. All of you are." 

I petted him around his nose and he made that familiar "Peeeeeeeee" sound again. I don't think his wife liked that, but she didn't comment on it.

"Alright my friends. Thank you for being here, and I'll see you soon." I then teleported them back home, making sure they were resized to proper Furling-size.

 

For some reason my Clan members felt the same as the Furlings did. Nora approached me and said "Sasami, thank you for inviting us...." 

"But......you have your duties back home, I know." I gave her a quick nod to show that I understood.

"You know me too well. Don't be a stranger and come visit us. Without all the fuss...no offense."

"Ha ha ha....I love you people." I then whispered in her ear "I promise no fuss. I don't like that either. I'm a Wild Fairy too, remember?"

"Yes, and you always will be," she said smiling. "Oh, before I forget it. Please accept a little gift on behalf of the entire Clan." She handed me a little flute.

"What's that?"

"A traditional wedding gift from back home. It symbolizes the circle of life. The air of life enters it and then leaves with a beautiful tune, only to rejoin the air in the sky. It will also remind you to occasionally return home...."

I couldn't suppress a tear from forming. "Thank you....and I really mean it. I will treasure it. Just don't expect me to learn how to play it."

"Ha ha ha....no, don't play the flute. It might drive your husband away." Blaze said with a grin.

"Ha ha ha....alright. I'll take you home now..."

I brought them back by teleporting there myself too. There I could hug them without any onlookers and I set my goodbyes properly.

 

When I walk past Kenta, I grab his hand for a few seconds, and our eyes meet for what feels like an eternity, but then I let go and continue my walk to the table where people leave their wedding gifts.

"Huh? What is that?" I see a beautiful bouquet with a card. But....there are no roses on Tallara, at least none that I'm aware of?

The card reads "To Mrs Sasami and her husband. Congratulations! May you both find happiness together forever. Sasami, we have a Navy uniform in your size waiting for you here, should you accept our offer to visit Earth again. I've heard through reliable sources that you will be facilitating a proper first contact between our two worlds. Warmest regards, Admiral Benton, on behalf of the US Navy."

Wow.   Wait....I am? That's....new for me?

 

FLASH. Guess who's standing next to me now?

 

The supreme goddess just congratulated me. Then she said, "and yes.....we may have tipped them that you would be the best person to bridge the gap between both our worlds. Look forward to it....but it can wait for a few months, so please enjoy your honeymoon, dear."

"Thank you goddess. And please, enjoy the food and friendship around you. Or perhaps a dance?"

"Thank you very much, but I'm a bit.....too old for dancing." She winked.

I just smiled at her and then spoke to a few other guests.

 

 

Then I heard Kenta announce that the dancing would start in a few minutes....."Would my lovely wife please join me for the opening dance?"

I smiled and excused myself to the guest I was just talking to. But the moment when I approached Kenta, something unexpected happened.

 

FLASH

 

A stranger suddenly stands in the middle of the dance floor. She looks like a bird and seems to be scanning the room, looking for someone. She's like us Fairies, but her feet are like the Buggo's and her wings are, well, bird-like. She's feathery, yes, that's the word....she's feathery. No idea what's going on, but I instinctively know that she's a good person, and a goddess too. Don't ask me why, it's a goddess thing.

The music continues, considering the musicians have seen me teleport a few times. They probably assume that it's something I did.

But Kenta is more cautious, he's ready to defend me.

"Kenta, no. She's good."  I try to calm him down and he immediately relaxes, but is still cautious.

"Who?" Is the only thing he said while frowning.

Other guests are also staring at this lady, but none seem particularly alarmed about her appearance. And I have to admit, she doesn't look all that threatening.

"Yes, Kenta, good question, let me find out. Eh...excuse me....Miss? Who are you?" 

"Oh, hi. I'm a goddess. I've been told that Sasami should be here somewhere?" She said, a bit rude.

I raise my hand. "Yeah, I'm her?"

"Oh, sorry for crashing your party."

"No, not a party...this is my wedding."

'Oh? Ohhhh...I'm very sorry!" She immediately looks apologetic and less rude. She even bows to me.

I take a deep breath and try to stay calm. "Okay, okay... so what's wrong? Why do you need to see me?"

"Eh....Earth's Guardian told me you know a lot about Goblins?"

I grimaced. "Yeah, that's an understatement. I hate them." My expression was one of disgust.

She put her right hand on her chest for a moment. "Gods, me too! I'm so happy to have found you! You see....those Goblins....they are in my world now, destroying everything. I know we agreed to take them and all....but please, PLEASE take em back! I'll even pay you for it!"

"Eh...no. But....I could give you some free advice?" I don't want them back. Ever.

"Advice? Okay, sure?" She tilts her head like an owl, far, very far. I was afraid that it would fall off, but nothing happened. She's still waiting for my advice.

"Well....they hate being hit by lightning. And I must say....I found that particularly entertaining. And they taste great when roasted thoroughly. A bit spicy, but still very tasty."

"Oh? Ohhhh! So...we could just eat them?" She suddenly grins evilly. Her tongue indicates a desire to taste.... "Okay, yeah, okay.......that might actually work. Thank you goddess Sasami!"

"Anytime, happy to help. And visit us next time when you like. I'd love to hear how you dealt with them."

"Thanks! Will do!"  FLASH. And she left us again. What a weirdo. Oh, I shouldn't think that of a fellow goddess, sorry...

 

Great...and as if that wasn't enough to keep me occupied today....10 more FLASHES just appeared. At the moment all 12 of Tallara's guardians are walking around here as if it was the most normal thing to do. Even Serena, the Merfolk guardian, chose to arrive with legs this time. 

All guardians then congratulate us one by one, and I notice that Kenta has some difficulties meeting "the gods." They're actually only guardians, so they are not really that special, right? Lucky for me none of those commented on the minor Goblin issue we just had. 

 

The Wolf guardian gave us a book as a wedding present, "How to fluff your tail for maximum pleasure."

There was only one appropriate reply possible to this, so I pretended to howl like a Wolf "Awoooooo!" out of gratitude.

From the corner of my eyes I saw my mother facepalm....again....something she learned from me. Oh, and a few Dragonkin almost immediately returned the "Awoooo!" surprising both the Wolf guardian and myself. 

Kenta whispered in my ears "why did you just imitate a Dragonkin mating call...?"

I looked at him, eyes wide open and said "oops....forget I did that."  He just smiled and probably already forgave me....probably.

The Wolf guardian added while grinning "your Wolf call needs more work, but I appreciate the gesture. You're okay, Sasami. Anyway, that book is a bestseller among my people."  

I thanked him properly and then talked to Serana, the Merfolk goddess. She thanked me for my recent efforts, helping her people with the submarine that had leaked coolant in their waters. She told me that she knew that I liked cooked fish....and invited Kenta and me to visit her for "the best ever cooked fish." I told her that there was no way in heaven I would let that opportunity pass.

 

 

When Arhena, the Fairy goddess, approached us, she told us "I have 2 souls ready for your kids. Just say when...." She winked at me, then at Kenta. 

"Ehhh...really?" Kenta asked.

"Yup... and a word of caution...they take after their mother."

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" I said, feeling a bit offended.

"Nothing....just....a bit.... Wild...ha ha ha." She really grinned this time.

Kenta then said to me "Sasami...I'm suddenly reconsidering having kids."

"Yeah, me too."  I had to agree with him.

Arhena frowned and looked pretty serious for a moment, then grinned again. "Just kidding, they're wonderful souls. And...if you're still looking for a Fairy godmother....hey, I'm just saying...you know where to find me."

The supreme goddess then walked over to us, giving us the perfect opportunity to not having to reply to Arhena's remark.

"...Sasami...what did you tell her?" Oraura, the supreme goddess asked.

"Tell who?" I have no idea who she's referring to?

"You know...that bird...guardian..?" She looks quite serious, making me look serious as well.

Did I mess something up? "Nothing...we just exchanged recipes....?" I'm innocent...I'm innocent...think good thoughts...I'm innocent.

She shakes her head and smiles. "Sasami...she's supposed to be the new guardian of the Goblins...the supreme goddess of her world."

"She is? Oops. I guess she quit that role already...sorry."

She then laughs really loudly "ha ha ha......don't worry... it's her problem now."

And we both shrug at the same time. Yep, I'm a bad influence, even to supreme goddesses.

 

"Kenta, honey? I believe it's time for our opening dance now." I almost forgot with all these guardians visiting us.

"Yes, love, I was about to remind you. We're still on schedule, but I noticed some people getting restless already."

"I know...but it's hard to walk away from deities."

"Sure, no argument from me there."

 

Kenta walks to the musicians who then stop playing their elevator-style background music. I guess they had expected to start the dancing tunes already, so they were probably just improvising for the last hour or so. They're pros, so the music wasn't too bad...just a tad....boring.

He then walks over to one of our staff who looked surprised to find the King standing next to him. He takes a drinking glass and a spoon, then returns to the central spot to address the guests. Mmm.....I guess they have the same custom here.

PING PING PING. He used the spoon on the drinking glass to get everyone's attention. "Ahem. May I have your attention please? Alright, ladies and gentlemen, my dear honored friends....our apologies for the delay, but the time has finally arrived. Sasami, dear, would you please?"

He motions for me to join him and he pauses until I stand next to him. "My lovely wife and I will now take the first dance and we invite you to join us whenever you like. Just....don't wait too long please." 

Great, Kenta used a bit of humor to liven up the place and hopefully placate the few people who were bored from waiting. He motions the musicians to start and a waltz-like tune begins. This is the very one I have been practicing with Melody for the past few months!

Kenta gently takes my hand and we both put our other hands on each other's back. The lights slowly dim to help everyone relax...also some kind of magic I assume. I'll find out how that works, but not now....

We slowly dance to the rhythm of the music and I instantly forget my lessons....I'm completely on autopilot now. Somehow our bodies seem to exactly know how to proceed....while we're lost in each other's eyes. His wonderful smile....his deep, brown eyes I could drown in so easily.....

We release our hands and bow to each other, turn around once, clap and continue. Don't ask....I didn't invent this dance, but it's supposed to be the most difficult dance in history, mostly reserved for Royal weddings. And we're performing it as if it's second nature to us. I might need to thank someone up there.

 

After seeing us dance for a few minutes, completely according to etiquette, the other Royals now join us on the dance floor. First the Dragonkin King and Queen, then my parents and finally Melody and her fiancé. It's like a pecking order, people know their place in society, even though it's usually not so formal. But at these occasions...people show their respect. A few minutes later the dance floor was open to all invitees.

 

 

Finally I'm happy. I have found my peace, a place to call my home. Friends....who I can visit whenever I wish. Be a Fairy, Kitsune, Furling....whatever I wish. I'm the Spiritwalker, a wife, a Queen....a goddess.....and probably soon a mom too. I could never have expected this outcome. Am I happy? Yes, very!

Our amazing dance together reminded me of our first ever dance.....it was exactly like then. I just fell in love with him all over again. I wonder what it is with dancing and falling in love? But now our dance has ended, people are mingling again and others take the dance floor. Even if this ballroom is huge, there just isn't enough room for everyone to dance at the same time.

 

At one point the Dragonkin King asked me for a dance and I of course couldn't deny such a request. We danced to unfamiliar music, unfamiliar to me at least. While I of course didn't feel the same connection as with Kenta, he's still an amazing dancer. But unlike Kenta, he almost pulled me along to match his steps. I know that's how things are supposed to be....but I like Kenta's style more. I guess the Dragonkin are just more temperamental. 

From the corner of my eyes I saw mom talking to one of them, and I just knew....I just knew that she felt insulted again. My god, I love these people, not for confronting my mother, but for being direct and still kind at the same time. They have lots of humor and are never complicated.

After our dance we bowed to each other, as is required by etiquette, and I joined Kenta for a snack or two. 

Mother, who's sitting across the table, says "dear, you might want to change into your evening dress now."

Of course I need to change again, I almost forgot. "Oh right, I'll do that now. Please excuse me for a moment." It's proper etiquette for us to get dressed more casually after our first dance, to allow others to approach us. It's like telling everyone it's okay to talk to us without actually telling them. However, "casual" means "my next best dress" of course.

 

Aria helped me to change into my summer dress, as it's warm enough inside to wear it. A beautiful light-yellow dress, leaving my shoulders uncovered. I changed my shoes to similarly colored ones, to match the dress I'm now wearing. A bit of makeup applied....and I'm ready to go. It's actually getting late already, but it's etiquette....so Kenta and I will now talk to friends and acquaintances, after which some will start leaving us.

When I returned, Kenta was already seated, wearing his royal robes. I guess that's "informal" for him at the moment. Well, it looks good on him. Awww, he just smiled and winked at me...of course I returned the sentiment.

 

After about another hour, people approached and thanked us for the invitation, wishing us well and then left for their carriages. Considering the number of people gathered here, it took some time for us to see all of them off in person. Believe me, people were forming lines. And I had to "unshrink" some of them outside, causing a bit of extra delay.

And finally the time arrived to say goodbye to my family. I'll teleport them back, so they don't need to travel all the way home. "Everyone....bye for now. Mom, can you please tell Celeste I'll visit her soon? Oh, and the Buggos too?"

"Ha ha ha, sure....and...dear?"

"Eh, yes mom?"

She whispered loud enough for Kenta to hear as well "I want grandkids. Many."

That's when Kenta and I couldn't hide a very visible blush. But I'm not defeated that easily, so I whisper loud enough to her as well "Sure, mom. And considering you're still young, our kids could play together?"

For the first time ever, mom blushes furiously...not knowing what to say.....until she composes herself. She smiles and shakes her head, "you really are a cheeky Fairy, you know that?"  FLASH. 

I sent them back home so I didn't have to answer that question.

"Well done Sasami...." Kenta agreed.

I just giggled.

We looked around and noticed that the music had stopped playing and the maids had started to clean the ballroom. "I guess we survived our wedding day?" Kenta said jokingly.

"Yep. We...oops! I forgot someone!" 

"What, who?" Kenta seems shocked.

"The King and Queen.....they're still Fairy sized!" The Dragonkin King and Queen left us a while ago, but I forgot to unshrink them!

"By the gods.....Sasami. Can you...."

"Yep, already done."

"Huh? Where?"  He looks around but can't see them.

"They were walking in your...our gardens, so I waited for them to be near the street. I think they'll get the hint."

"Mmmm....I'll better check on them. See you soon, Sasami."

And when he walked towards the door, heading for the gardens, I simply teleported him to his destination without him knowing. Yep, he'd better get used to that. That's what you get for marrying a goddess!

 

When he returns after a few minutes, both of us are yawning all the time. 

"Sasami, all guests have departed and all carriages have left our grounds, so...I guess the night is over for real. I'm so tired.....will you join me for bed?"

"...depends...." I gave him a mischievous smile.

"On what?"

"On whether or not you'll visit me in my sanctuary, in the Spirit Realm while we sleep."

"Oh....right, of course.....we can do that....but...what do you have in mind...?"

I grin and kiss him on the lips. "My dear husband....you know exactly what I want." The maids just clean around us and seem to tolerate the two of us standing in their way.

He grins as well. "...I didn't want to ask......" He looks at one of the maids who dropped a spoon, then at me again.

"I know...but the real question is......are we ready for children?"

"Sasami, we already talked about that. Let's ask the goddess now and then see what happens, alright?"

"Mmmm, sounds like a plan, alright."

 

We both walk to our bedroom and let the staff worry about cleaning the mess. They're probably happier that we have left anyway, we were just in their way. Kenta changed into pajamas and I'm wearing my nightie. The bed feels cold, especially when you're tired and have been in a warm room for most of the day.

We cuddle for a moment and our tails help us warm up in no time.

I guess I have to ask first, "very kind and sometimes cheeky Fairy goddess in the Spirit Realm, please bless us with children. Nice ones, if you will." I made sure to grin, even though the lights were out. I'm sure she can take the hint.

"Wow...making demands already? Alright, goddess, please bless us with children....may they be as kind as their lovely mother."

"Awwwww....." Kiss.  ".....sleep well honey. Honey?"   Awww, he's already out.

If this were Earth, I would have been disappointed....but we're not on Earth....so let the fireworks begin.

 

FLASH

 

I wake up in the Spirit Realm and feel my real body going to sleep where I left it....warm and comfy in bed. It works like a charm. I can walk around, smell the ocean.....now Kenta....FLASH. And there he is.

"Hello, honey," I said.

"Why hello, my beautiful love. That's....just amazing. I just fell asleep, and now I'm awake? I feel as if I have slept all night."

"I know....it's this special place. In this Realm your spirit is always full of...eh...spirit."

"Ha ha ha.....I see what you mean....so......now what?

"Walk with me."  

Kenta is still wearing his pajamas but for some reason I'm in my Spirit Walker outfit, complete with sandals on my feet. Shouldn't I look like a Fairy-Furling-guardian-thing now? I'm not complaining......no green fur or green tails for me at the moment.

We walk down the steps of the boardwalk, onto the beach and then along the shoreline. We're not actually physically here, so I kick off my sandals, not worrying about losing them. Besides, I'm the only occupant here, so...nobody's going to take them away. Mmm...I love this feeling of walking barefoot on the sandy beach.

It's night time here as well, and there's only one full moon, just like back on Earth. Gentle waves splash when they quietly hit the beach. 

"It's so peaceful here." Kenta says.

"Not for much longer. Kiss me."

"Yes, my Queen. As you command."

Then both our wings start glowing. Mine are glowing pink again, his green. Then they start shining like the sun itself. At that point we both feel as if our very being, our souls, our cores, are joining. No longer two Fairies, now just one. At that moment we both feel each other's love overflowing through our very being, which in turn amplifies our feelings of love for each other.
And then......from far away you can see the brightest light that has ever shone in the Spirit Realm. An explosion of light, not very different from a nuclear explosion, lights up my sanctuary and probably other parts of the Spirit Realm as well. If anyone complains, I'll feign ignorance. But neither Kenta nor I are aware of this.....we only feel the limitless love for each other....until we're back to being ourselves.

When we open our eyes we break the kiss and see the first rays of the sun brightly heading our way, announcing a new day in my special sanctuary. 

"Wow..." Kenta said.

"Yes....my thoughts exactly. Let's do that again soon!"

"You must have read my mind. Eh....what is that?" Kenta asked when looking up into the sky.

"Good question....that shouldn't be happening? Should it?"

Two falling stars are heading our way, then exploding like beautiful fireworks, and seemingly burning up in the atmosphere. But they don't stop.....the two points of light slow down and gently fall from the heavens, attempting to land in our loving embrace. Without even thinking about this event, we open our arms and receive the lights into our arms. Then....they change into two little Fairies. Our children....we have just started our family with the greatest love anyone can have....and they arrived exactly when our love for each other was the greatest. 

"Awwww....they're so cute!" We both have a smiling, giggling Fairy-Kitsune in our arms. Both have arrived dressed in pajama-like clothes.

"Yes, just like their mother."

"Awww...." I gave him a peck on the cheek. "You always say the right thing at the right time."

"I do? Then how about this? Do you know anything about parenting? What do they eat? Clothes....you know, such things?" 

"Eh..........mom? Moooooooooooooooooooooom!" 

 

My request for help woke us up in bed, our little ones next to us. So this really happened, we really, really have kids now!

While suddenly again feeling very sleepy, we quickly dressed for visiting my parents and teleported there with our children safely in our arms.

 

FLASH

 

When we arrive at my parent's Palace, we can already see light seeping out from the Tearoom.

"Mooom?" I whisper.

I knock on the door, open it and then see the surprised look on my parents' faces. Melody is there too.

"Sasami? Is something wrong?" My mother asked, until all present realized that we had two newcomers...but...it seems we weren't the only ones who could say that.

"Eh.......no, mother. But....we...eh.....you have a baby too?"

"Yes, dear. And you....you have two?" 

"Yes, mother.....we could..." But my father interrupted me.

"Now now, children. Sit down, I think it's going to be a long night." Father said with a smile.

"I'm an auntie!" Melody said with a big smile.

"Yep...twice." I said, winking at her. 

"Sasami....say hi to your little brother, Calico." Mother said.

"Huh? Ha ha ha.....a beautiful name! Very fitting!" I managed to turn my laugh into something more respectful. Their little one is just like the others...a Catkin-Fairy.

"You really like it?" She asked.

"Of course, it reminds me of Earth. That name is used for some cute animals, and he fits the description perfectly."

"Aww....." Melody can't contain herself anymore. "Have you already decided on names for yours?"

"Eh..not yet. Perhaps you have any ideas, Melody? For a boy and a girl?"

"Sasami....there's still time for that." Mother said. "Calico, say hi to your big sister."

Calico giggled when he looked at my swaying tail. His tiny hands are making grabbing gestures.
"Awww......see? He already likes you." Mother nuzzled him. "Not that I mind....but why did you teleport here?"

"Eh...well......Kenta, tell her."

"What? Why me?" 

"Okay, Sasami, just tell us." Father said, a bit sternly.

"Eh...this is so embarrassing.....we don't really know....how...you know....babies....feeding...clothing....that kind of...eh stuff."

Mother laughs. "Ha ha ha....really? Sasami, you really are a Wild Fairy, aren't you? Never thinking things through? But don't worry, you two can stay here for a while. It's not very difficult, the most important thing is to show love. And you two apparently have lots of that."

That made Kenta and I blush.

 

FLASH.

 

"Hello everyone." Arhena, the Fairy goddess, just decided to pay us a visit, startling everyone in the room.

"Oh hi, Arhena!" I said.

"Hi? Really? How about....thank you so much, amazing Fairy goddess?"

I looked at her, tilting my head, then rolling my eyes.
"Duh....okay....thank you so much, amazing bestie Fairy goddess. There...happy now? We have two kids and don't know...hey.....what are you doing?"

She walked over to the baby girl in my arms and gently brushed her fingers over her cheek. The little one giggled at that. 

"Sasami, they haven't even cried yet. You wanted kids....you have them.....but they'll get hungry pretty soon. Use the mana feeding skill, and remember, no solid food until they refuse the mana feeding."

"Oh.....okay. Thanks, goddess."

"Mmm...that sounds better, goddess Sasami." She snickered. "Now.....if any of you are looking for a Fairy godmother....I might still be available." She said, trying to look very innocently. She looks around, but nobody comments. "Aww....shoosh.....nobody?" She really looks disappointed.

I glance at Kenta and he nods, so I reply to her "Arhena, we would love to have you as their Fairy godmother."

"You really would?" Arhena looks surprised.

I nod, but I can't reply because mother beat me to it. "And ours too if you are still available?" Mother suggested.

"Aww......for that....may all of you be blessed, live long, happy lives and invite me to tea many times."
All of us glowed for a second....apparently she blessed me too.....again.

"Eh....that sounded a bit selfish, Arhena," I said, jokingly.

"Ha ha ha....I was just kidding. But the blessing is real."

I smile at Arhena and reply "alright, if everyone's going to be blessed, then I'm in too. As goddess of the Furlings, may all of you be happy, live long, healthy lives and bring joy and honor to your loved ones."
And again everyone glowed, except for myself. Oops, the Fairy goddess glowed too.

"Eh...Sasami...did you just bless me?"

"Well of course....it's only fair to return the gesture, right, sis?"

"Sis? You mean...."

"Duh, we're both goddesses, so of course we're sisters."

"Awwww." She ran over to me and hugged me, I returned the hug, very carefully with the baby in my arms.  

"I'm sorry, but I have to go. Until next time....my friends." FLASH. And she left us.

 

FLASH FLASH FLASH...suddenly little flashes appeared in the Tearoom. It took a moment to realize what was going on. But there are now 11 plushies in the room, all resembling the different deities and therefore races on Tallara.

"Mmmm....just 11? It seems I'm the only one not bringing gifts tonight." I said out loud. "Hey, I'm just a level 4 goddess, okay? Can anyone, you know.....help me out...pleeeeaaase?" I looked up at the ceiling.

 

FLASH.

 

Another one appeared, this time a green Furling. I walk over to it and see that it's actually very cute. A little card attached to it says "Always happy to help Sasami..hope you'll like this one. Sasami and family...congratulations from Earth."

"Awwww......even Earth's guardian sent us one." I said. "People, my family....let's send a collective thank you to them!"

"Thank you!!!!" we all said at the same time.

I saw Melody pick the one with antlers and noticed her grimacing. Well, it's still a gift. Then she took another one and smiled at it, cradling it in her arms when she thought nobody would notice. But we all saw her smile...she seemed lost in thought. Then she opened her eyes wide and her mouth agape.

"What's wrong, Melody?" Mother asked.

"A very kind, female voice just said.....you're next, Melody."

All of us tried to congratulate her, but she just ran away, blushing furiously. Seems like her relationship is progressing well.

 

"Sasami?" A familiar voice just said from behind me.

"Ah, Celeste!" I carefully gave my baby girl to father, who for some reason didn't really seem that happy to receive her. "Father, she isn't going to bite you, just a minute." 

I hugged Celeste and she congratulated all of us. "Sasami, I will arrange cribs for your children. Considering the number of blankets I need, just checking, will you be sleeping on the floor tonight?"

Everyone laughed loudly at her question, making her and me feel a bit uncomfortable. I decided to help her and suddenly showed my four tails, then changed them into big green furling tails and let them sway vividly. Great, now everyone is awestruck and pretty much distracted! Now I can finally reply to her question "YES. YES I WILL." 

As soon as mother recovered from my answer to Celeste's question, she said to Kenta "That's what you get for marrying a Wild one! Now feed your little ones, dears." I don't think that was only a suggestion.

As if the babies had understood my mother's words.....all three of them...yes, all three at the same time, started crying. "Mwaaaaaaa."

Father approached me and very quickly, but gently, handed over the crying little Fairy to me. 

"Honey, I don't think any of us will get any sleep tonight." I locked eyes with Kenta.

"You're right......look.....it's dawn already." He nodded towards the window, unable to point with the baby in his arms.

"Mwaa........" The baby girl in my arms suddenly stopped crying.

Her eyes are focused on mine and her smile is so warm, so genuine.
"What? You like that? Dawn....dawn...." Every time I said the word "dawn" she smiled at me.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Kenta said.

"Yep. You okay with that?"

"Sure thing. Dawn it is."

I kissed her on her forehead. "Hello little one. Welcome Dawn....welcome home." The little one kept smiling.  "Kenta, what about our little boy?"

"Mmmm......you know....it would be easier if that cup had actually some tea in." 

"Mwa........." The little boy stopped crying too. And moments later, Calico stopped crying too.

I walk closer to Kenta and he holds the baby closer to my face. He says "eh......what part did you like? Cup? Mmmm, nope. Otherwise l only said tea in." Kenta's trying to figure out what sound the baby liked, and he just smiled again. Kenta nuzzles the little one and says "no, no, no, we're not going to name you teain."

But the little one thought otherwise.....he made grabbing gestures with his little hand, trying to get hold of Kenta's sleeves.

"No way........that can't be. Could it be.....IAN?" I just had to try.

"Heh ehhee...brrrrr."  The little one definitely responded to that.

Kenta looks at me, very surprised. "Yes, that seems to be it! It's actually a wonderful name. It means favored by the gods in the DragonTongue. Honey, how did you know? You don't speak their language, do you?"

Father and mother are watching our dialogue like watching a tennis match....left...right...left.

"Eh he he heh. Dear.....there's something you should know. But first let's feed the babies." I fear it's not just going to be a long night, but a long day as well.

"Eh....do I really want to know?"

"It's no secret.......I'll tell you in the morning."

"Okay, but that's now, love." He smiled at me.

"Oh my god, Kenta...really?" I rolled my eyes.

"Better give up now, son. You're not going to win that argument. Not unless you want to walk out of here alive." Father said with a grin.

"Father! How can you even say that? Now he thinks I'm going to hurt him!" I gave father a death glare.

"What you two do in private, is of no concern to me." Father simply stands up and wants to walk away.

"Dear....where are you going?" Mother asked with an obvious warning sounding in her voice.

"I...eh......getting some tea for us?"

"Sit down, we have our staff for that. You and I agreed to feed Calico...and it's now your turn to use the mana feeding skill." 

He grimaced and reluctantly sat down again. "But honey....he's asleep.....and if there's one thing I've learned from Sasami.....it's to never wake a sleeping Fairy...or face the consequences."

"Ugh....men..." both mom and I said at the same time, causing all of us to laugh. They know us well enough to realize that we were just teasing.

And then, without even thinking about it, our babies were already being fed. The "mana feeding skill" activated on its own and somehow our mana....if there's even any left at the moment.....is being transferred to our babies. I have to admit it....this is really convenient.

After feeding the babies, we left our little angels in Celeste's care. She was kind enough to watch them in their cribs for now, while I talked to Kenta. 

 

Kenta followed me outside into the gardens. We'll transport home later....but I first need to tell him a little story. And then we desperately need to get some sleep...considering I'm very low on mana. At times like this it's hard to understand that I'm actually supposed to be a goddess. But hey, I wanted a life, so I'm sure the gods want me to have both the ups and downs. At least the weather is a bit warmer here, no snow.....nothing our warm jackets can't handle. My cold resistance skill didn't even kick in, so Kenta must be fine too.

When we approach my favorite thinking spot, we find it already occupied. Melody sits on the swing....but she has already fallen asleep.

I carefully teleported her to her bed, and her personal maid will then take care of the rest.

"<sigh> Great....now we can finally speak," I said after sitting down on the swing.

"Quack! Good morning Sasami!" A very familiar voice said from within the stables.

I let my head fall onto Kenta's chest. "My god...why....why...I ask you why?" I turn to the Buggos, while still sitting on the swing. "Hello mother! Hello little ones. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Quack! Sure. And we're hungry!"

"Oh my god, Kenta. They say they're hungry. Walk with me, I'll take care of it."

Kenta just shook his head...but he never stopped smiling, the sweetheart.

While preparing to feed the Buggos and bracing for their loving nudges, I started my story.
"Kenta...<yawn> sorry,.....it happened about a year ago when I was on Earth....."

 

THE END

5