Home
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It begins, the final match of the season. The S.S.R.V. sink beneath the waves as the two diving crews take their separate battle formations. Remembering the plan River Dancer and Tatsunoryu broke off to engage the opposing S.S.R.V. leaving Scrapper to deal with Nemesis alone. Von Karne was impressed by the boldness of Scrapper challenging him directly, whether it was courage or foolishness he couldn’t say.

Not wanting to delay it any longer Nemesis went to engage Scrapper. As Nemesis approached Scrapper released flares to blind his opponent. While Von Karne was momentarily stunned Scrapper grabbed Nemesis and dragged him down to the depths where the water pressure would mitigate Nemesis’ speed advantage. Regaining his bearings Nemesis pulled a plasma cutter out and begun to slice at Scrapper. Scrapper shifted left and then to the right to avoid the cutter.

The plan Elvis came up with was a simple one. He saw from the videos that Nemesis was built for speed not power. A good way to even the odds was to draw Nemesis into grappling range where Scrapper would have the advantage. The plan came to fruition as taking Nemesis to the depths meant it couldn’t move as fast as it could near the surface. While Scrapper was engaged with Nemesis, Tatsunoryu went to battle Apollo. Tatsunoryu swerved left and right as Apollo fired torpedoes at his opponent. When the two came within striking range of each other Apollo drew out a long blade to fight with. Apollo striked again and again. Tatsunoryu dodged every slash before retaliating with a tail strike.

The Tail strike was followed up with a ramming thrust knocking the Apollo backwards before wrapping around the machine. Tatsunoryu begun crushing Apollo when Apollo released flares to blind Tatsunoryu. Tatsunoryu did not let go of the hold. The crushing continued until Apollo was incapacitated. With his opponent taken out Tatsunoryu went to assist River Dancer who was currently engaged with Artemis.

Artemis fired a bow like contraption at River Dancer. Arrows zoomed thru the water as River Dancer gracefully dodged each one. River Dancer came in close to deliver a punch, but Artemis ducked out of the way. Artemis split its bow into two daggers. Artemis continued its assault on River Dancer. Artemis slashed left and right as it tried to land a hit. While the attack as ongoing Artemis lost track of its surroundings failing to notice Tatsunoryu coming up behind it. Tatsunoryu began constricting Artemis. Like Apollo, Artemis was quickly subdued.

Having taken out the other two members of Antosphere Works Jessie and Suri rushed to the aid of Elvis. Recognizing that he was surrounded and knowing that he couldn’t fight off all three members of Natnet Von Karne did the only logical move. With a flip of a switch, he fire an emergency flare signaling that Nemesis has forfeited the match. Natnet had won!

Later that night

Having won the international games. Natnet was secured in its position as the Rio Grande’s premiere diving crew. Sponsors were coming in by the droves as Natnet’s celebrity spread. It was amidst that ceremony that Elvis made an announcement. “I’m Retiring from diving.” Mickey was the most shocked as this came out of nowhere for him. “You can’t be serious! We just won the international games and you’re quitting?” Elvis paused before saying “I’m about to take an operation for my heart. Once the operation is over I won’t be able to dive anymore.” Mickey then asked, “what will happen to Scrapper?’

Elvis smiled and handed Mickey the keys, Mickey’s eyes widened in realization before taking the keys. Elvis then turned to the rest of Natnet and said, “Take care of your new diver, he’s green but he shows promise.” The Natnet crew applauded. Mickey was lost for words only replying “I’ll do my best King.”

Two years later

Natnet was getting suited up for another dive. Mickey Suri and Jessie had grown into quite a team. Suri was currently talking to Mickey. “So where do you want to go?” Mickey paused for a minute before saying, “Maestro’s sounds good been a while since we ate something fancy.” Suri feigned surprise. “Maestro’s? Pricey place for our two-year anniversary. Expecting something special?” Mickey shook his head before replying “nah, I just want to do something nice for my favorite girl. That is if you want to.”

Suri gave her approval and kissed Mickey before heading to her S.S.R.V. Mickey went his own S.S.R.V. getting ready for his cue to begin his dive. In the cockpit of Scrapper, he saw a picture of Elvis. Elvis took his retirement well he was married and raising a family with Tina. Starting a family might be nice someday but for now Mickey was going to focus on his career. He was piloting a now legendary S.S.R.V. he had a lot to live up to. Mickey was broken out of his thoughts when he heard Jamal over the intercom. “Base to Scrapper ready to dive.”  Mickey replied, “Acknowledged Base, Scrapper heading out.” It was going to be a good year Mickey knew it.

The End

0