Chapter 6
1.4k 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Axel had eaten his meal, he lit a cigarette again. It had been two or three minutes since he was awakened.

He was watching the city lights through his window, focused.

"In 20 days, the Hunter Exam will start." "I want to participate, but I also find it unnecessary." "At least for now."

Axel wanted to see and participate in the hunter exam. After all, everything starts with this Hunter Exam, where Gon, Killua, Leorio, Kurapika, and others meet.

But at the same time, he didn't want to fall victim to misfortune, and he didn't want to cause things to change.

If Illumi or Hisoka had focused on him, he would have died.

There were many more reasons.

If his meeting with the protagonists affected them even in a small way and pushed them to a different point, he would lose the great advantage he had.

Naturally, this advantage came from knowing how the future would work. If he snuck into the trajectory of the protagonists, there was no way to know.

"Taking the Hunter Exam doesn't make sense right now."

"I have to dedicate that time to improving myself and gaining experience."

After gathering his thoughts, Axel left his room and first checked his bank account.

"220,000,000 Jenny"

Because he was constantly losing and winning, Heaven's Arena was a good source of gain. But he knew he couldn't always do it.

"It might be good for me to pay attention to investments and other issues as well."

Heavens Arena was a pretty big place and had all kinds of places for different kinds of purposes: eating, entertainment, and even some small gambling sites. Axel took the elevator down to the lowest floor and left the tower.

After a while, he entered a sweet and pleasant place in the alley and ordered himself a mixed and balanced meal.

While he was eating, he was writing something in his notebook. Investment plans and training were important. Since he was still in the heavens' arena now, he had to live by their rules. As an example, he may need to fight from time to time.

Axel took a deep breath and lit a cigarette, and a smile appeared on his face.

"Everything seems quite appropriate."

In the future, as he was calming down and having fun living in his thoughts, his face changed slightly.

His eyes become cold and calculating, and no sign of emotion can be seen inside his pupils. He had seen a familiar face. Within seconds, he was also recognized by the individual he saw.

"Oh, Axel, it's amazing to see you here."

Navi smiled slightly and spoke.

Axel squinted slightly and placed a fake smile on his face as he started to talk.

"It's not surprising in the end; it's obvious where I live, and, as can be expected, I want to spend time in this place that's in the immediate vicinity."

The young, black-haired man who was next to Navi slightly squinted and began to spread killing intent; whether he was bluffing or serious is not certain. Navi rolled her eyes and made eye contact with the black-haired young man beside her. The black-haired young man began to look away from Axel after noticing the look in Navi's eyes.

"You're right too."

"What are you doing?"

Navi speaks in a calm, even sweet, tone.

Axel shook his head and stood up. After leaving a few banknotes on the table, he replied.

"As always, I'm going to do whatever I want to do for the time being."

"Take care of yourself."

After Axel had spoken, he left the place and disappeared through the streets.

Ekail was the black-haired young man, and after staring at Axel for a while, he spoke in a harsh tone.

"That's very disrespectful." "Why do you let him do what he wants?"

Navi giggled slightly, and a strange light appeared inside his eyes.

37