Chapter 1: My Last sunset
3.7k 17 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My life sucked, like not even a little bit of it was good. At the age of eight, some idiot rich kid broke my left leg and got away scot-free. My dad was put on death row and promptly executed for murdering said rich kid. My mother shortly joined him when she threw herself off the top floor of the office building she worked in. 

At the age of thirteen, I was diagnosed with a rare brain disease, and it was incurable. I soon learned that I was the only person in the world to have it. Through my teenage years, they poked and prodded me with all manner of tests and needles. My only comfort was my favourite game series, Resident Evil. I had just finished Resident Evil village “well it’s time to go” I said as I left my hospital bed. I looked over to see a young girl in the bed next to mine. She had bright ginger hair and blue eyes. “I hope you get better soon Alice” the girl gave me a weak smile.

“Are you getting discharged today” I heard her weakly croak. 

“Yes I am now rest up you're having your big operation tomorrow” I chirped with a smile on my face. Alice and I were kind of friends, she was transferred here from a different hospital a couple of years ago. All that I could gather from the conversations I overheard from the doctors was she had a really rare form of cancer. I couldn’t confirm it because I would rather not ask in case it upset her. “I wish you all the best of luck” 

She tried to smile “Maybe we could meet again after my operation”

I smiled back to her “Yes, yes I would like that” I waved her goodbye. I weakly limped in my hospital gown up the stairs. I hated lies but I couldn’t tell her the truth. The idiots never locked the doors to the roof ‘I don’t know whether I should scold them or thank them.’ As I sat on the edge of the hospital roof my nose started to bleed ‘ha even in my last moments my nose still bleeds’. I took one last look at the setting sun. “I hope her operation is successful” were my last words before I slipped off the edge. I knew no one would be on the street below, ‘don’t want to kill some unsuspecting person walking home’. As the ground approached I just thought to myself ‘It’s better for me to die as a human being than wait for this disease to turn me into a lifeless shell’

I had a smile on my face as I felt my head connect with the concrete.

108