Chapter 75: Official Establishment
228 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the throne room are my core subordinates of both the civilian and military sectors, all of them commissioned the spiders of Arachne to sew them the best attire they can wear just for this particular occasion, all of them are restless and excited, even Arachne that showed an intellectual composure all the time was grinning, more so for Eleanor who is standing next to me who is sitting at the throne of the queen, she has tense face as if she will be the one who will be giving a speech.

Though no one can blame her, after all, Eleanor standing beside me signified one thing, she will be one of the royalties and will be the first...

[Oh, so there will be a second?]

AND ONLY WIFE! Don't destroy my plenty good monologue!

I scolded [Guide], but of course, I am still as stoic as ever, "waiting" for the two late individuals that are needed in this place, Bakunawa and Saru. Philo, Lyra, Kabuto, Wokung, Jin, and even Mantis and Oni, the latest additions to my undead generals are present as well as all the civil sector executives are present without exemption, even the undeads that are newly appointed in their respective duties are also present, probably because they are awake 24/7, but still, by the magnitude of my announcement, it is very disrespectful to be absent.

Besides, no matter what country, there will always be an invisible wall between military and civil services, wars before happening needs to be approved by the treasurer and if he or she does not approve, the military will curse all of those in the said sector, also if the soldiers killed too much civilians on a conquest, the civils will be angry too, this is one of the many problem of a ruler of a monarchial nation.

Thus I can see my generals started to furrow their brows, starting to curse the two absentees, well of course I pretended to not pay attention to them.

[Well, I know you have already decided, but is it really okay to mark them as absent in this event?]

... Sometimes, I wonder if you are a bane or boon given to me by Siginarugan, you know that? You always ruin my good time.

I sighed in my heart and just ignored [Guide], well as he already said, I had intentionally made Saru and Bakunawa absent and did not tell anyone because I wanted them to be surprised, thus seconds of waiting turned into minutes that then turned into hours and before we know it the first shine of the sun has already dawned before us, the signal of our start.

Of course, the great actor that I am, I have to pretend to be tired of waiting, and when Arachne noticed it, she immediately spoke.

"Shall  I call them for you?"

Well, I mean she already knew that the two ladies would not come, but she doesn't need to say that.

"No, I cannot wait any longer, we shall start the momentous event."

I once again sighed and then stood up, after seeing all of my subordinates having eager and excited eyes, I finally started my speech that I was rarely prepared to.

"Good morning my faithful subordinates who have accompanied me from the very beginning of my humble journey as well as those who have chosen to serve me after my conquest of the forest. This day marks one of the most important events of all of our lives."

I paused a little to let the smiles from my people subside a little, after seeing them focusing their attention on me and not their memories anymore, I continued.

"I can see that all of you are excited about my announcement, thus I will not beat around the bush, I, Sophia Demiurge by the power vested on me by my lord Siginarugan, his Prophet, and myself declare the official establishment of the Kamatayan Queendom with me and Eleanor Demiurge as the first Royalties of the nation."

As I said those words, the gigantic door of the throne room suddenly opened up, albeit gradually, all of my core subordinates who were positioned in a way that a red carpet was laid in the middle swept their eyes towards the door, A Manananggal maid, though in her whole body was carrying a cloth of about a meter whilst a golden seal was on top of it.

"And as the first queen of Kamatayan, I shall impose my first decree."

As I said those words, the Mananaggal knelt as I used Magic to make the flag and the seal float for all of my people to see.

"The Queen Sophia Demiurge, by the power of her authority officially declares the flag of Kamatayan, this will represent all of us and our will, anyone who disrespects the flag is disrespecting our identity and anyone who disrespects us will have their flesh be trampled by our feet and use it as fertilizer for our crops."

All of my subordinates' eyes shone as if they saw the most glamorous fabric in existence, but it was just a black cloth with an Baybayin letter for "Kamatayan" and if I were to compare, it was like a super plain version of Saudi Arabia's flag.

And I mean, come on, don't hate on me, I prepared this for a week and only have the opinion of Eleanor and Arachne because all of my subordinates insists on putting my face on it, and I don't want that because why would I? I am not stupid.

Going back, after I said those words, all of my subordinates shouted a pledge that seemed to be practiced beforehand, but I swear, they did not.

"We swear as citizens of Kamatayan that we will die for her name, kill for her glory, and trample anyone or anything for her honor!"

Yes, that's right, pledge your loyalty to your land, not me, though I bet they said those words because of their pervent loyalty towards me, like I used such great efforts to acquire this land, so they will protect and expand it like crazy, though I don't care about those things as of the moment, I just continued after their oath was halted and all of them once again turned their full attention to me.

A pole was given by the Mananaggal and she attached the flag into it and then placed it beside me as I continued

"This is the seal of the Queen, this seal is the supreme evidence that a document has been officially approved, no one of you shall use their seals nor their authority to bypass the royal seal, this seal cannot be changed by any other queens that will inherit my throne and anyone who attempts to falsify it, whether my citizen or not will be hunted to the ends of the world."

Once again, my subordinates made serious expressions and I wonder what their reaction would be if I said that the reason I made a seal was because I am lazy signing file after file, well I don't want to know, so I just once again made the seal land on the small pillow the Mananaggal prepared, oh and how did that flagpole appear?

Don't ask me, for I need to immediately go to the next topic.

"And that ends my first decree, and once again by the power given to me by my title as the first Queen of Kamatayan, I am stating my second decree. I declare the following cities as the sub-governing bodies in certain areas of the nation and her society, because of this I will also appoint the one who will govern the cities and command its military."

"First the capital city shall be named Siginarugan City, she was named after my father to forever honor the former owner of the great forest, as it was the capital, the city will contain the central governing unit of the whole Queendom as well as the official residence of the queen, it will also be responsible for the innovation of any industrial products that will be used for economic purposes. I appoint myself as the Mayor of the City and Bakunawa as the temporary commander of its Garrison."

Of course, no one questioned why Bakunawa is just a temporary commander, after all with their little interaction with her, all of the people here can effectively deduce that Bakunawa is not suitable for commanding the big picture, all she can do is follow specific orders like: "That town annoys me, please make hell descend upon their faces." or something similar, she can't become someone who will make minute adjustments when we are attacked that I am sure will not happen until I found a commander that fits my standard, so I am not worried.

"Second, the fourth layer is the second largest layer of the forest and will be used mainly as roads that will connect the capital into different cities of our original and conquered territory, because of this, several towns shall be built in designated points so that merchants, local and international will be able to rest and resupply, or maybe even better sell their products in the town so that it can reach my ear before they even enter. I will leave the people that will live there to vote for their tentative leaders before they submit the names and credentials of the top three that they decided to vote."

As usual, no one objected, because no matter how I can memorize their name and never forget it, I still cannot monitor their performances and only their peers can do so, I am a Queen, not a god.

"Third, in the future, the volcano in the second layer shall become the industrial city of the nation that will take up any innovations that we will monopolize and will only be using on our own. It shall be named the Magayon Industrial Center and will be a restricted city with no connecting roads from any other city and can only be accessed by privileged individuals via a tunnel my wife here will be creating, I shall release official guidelines later in my visit to the second layer for more details, the mayor will be Eleanor Demiurge and the temporary commander of the garrison is Jin."

At this point, all of you are already familiar with this, but Jin did not object because he knew what he could and could not do, he just stood up to acknowledge the appointment and then knelt back down.

"Lastly, the city in the first layer shall be named Bulawan (1) city named after a certain goddess of greed that has a very long name that means coveted gold, thus the city shall be known as "The City of Coveted Gold", and as it implies, this will be the trade center of our nation that connects us to the northern countries, they will sell all of our industrial products and will promote the prospect of business investment on us, the mayor will, of course, be Agilus and the commander will be Saru that is not here, unfortunately."

At this moment, for the first time in this meeting, a disagreement with my decision was made by Wokung, Saru's father.

"My lady, I think an undisciplined officer such as herself is not worth the position, I suggest you appoint someone else."

I looked at Wokung who will of course become the sub-commander of the garrison, oh and the undead warriors will be my personal warriors just so you know, I cannot help but squint my eyes, however as my subordinates misunderstood the change of expression, I have one thing in mind.

_Mofo fucking around with the foreshadowing._

I then replied.

"Are you doubting my words, Wokung?"

My soldier, one of the strongest flinched and stammered as he defended himself.

"N-no my lady, however, if such disrespectful behavior of my daughter is to persist, I, as the fa-"

A sigh was heard that got some mana on it, resulting in a gust of wind to gush with me as the epicenter swept through all of the people present, their faces paled as they remembered the grenade-like sounds of my battle with Bakunawa.

"Do you doubt me, soldier?"

Wokung tried to say something, but ultimately lowered his head as he said: "N-no, my lady."

"Very good, no into the civilian sector..."

I then started to formally give the jobs of the secretaries of the different departments as well as the servants of the palace, it was much faster because like I said, it was just for formalities, after I said my ending words, I finally sat down and then made another command.

"With that, the official establishment of our Nation comes to an end, please make the flames in your heart burn brightly not just for today or when this day is commemorated but forever until you draw your final breath. I dismiss the whole civil department, I have to talk to the military."

All of the civils started to bow and then go away respectfully, I then asked Bakunawa and Saru to hide, because the civils would surely not love what they just did to our very first tourist, after about thirty minutes when all of them were gone, they finally entered.

On a red carpet stepped two maidens, one a monkey and one a hero prospect that has a serpent as her true form, they were holding the hands side by side of a guy who got his feet severed and encased in ice whilst the severed feet is in the same condition too, I smiled at him whilst the tanned guy was making a terrified expression.

"Good morning, welcome to Kamatayan, how can I help you?"

_______

Side story: you read that in a Jollibee cashier tone, don't lie.

1: Bulawan City is Named after Burigadang Pada Sinaklang Bulawan, the Goddess of greed of the Visayan Mythology.

10