Side Fangs #83: “What Lillia and Ko Talked About”
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ko.” Lillia snapped. “Walk with me. Right now.”

Lillia couldn’t remember the last time she felt this mad. And directed at Ko, someone she didn't want to be this mad at.

“What, like—” Ko said.

Now.” Lillia said. She grabbed Ko’s hands and took her away from Zeta, Oka, and Kalei. Roux and Latte followed like annoying flies, but they didn’t matter at the moment.

“Did you drive here?” Lillia asked.

“I uh…got Kai to drive me.” Ko said. She laughed nervously. “Listen, I’m really into you being aggressive—"

“Shut up. None of that right now.” Lillia said. “What you did was…I don’t even have the words for it.”

Ko didn’t speak again until the group reached the Matora sister’s van.

“Oooooh, Ko’s in trouble.” Kai said.

Ko groaned. “Lillia, I don’t want to have this talk in front of Kai,” She looked over at Latte and Roux, who smiled like no drama was going on at all. “Or them.”

“I’ll go, I’m gonna get some snacks or whatever.” Kai said. She drove off.

“Probably should have sent you two gremlins with her.” Ko said. “The gas station’s just down the street, I guess.”

“Oh! I like that gas station. Their coffee is terrible. But in an interesting way.” Latte said.

“Would you two do me a favor, then?” Lillia asked, willing her anger down as to not take it out on Latte and Roux, who weren’t really responsible.

“Anything for you, darling.” Roux said.

Lillia decided she should take some anger out on Latte and Roux. Not a great amount, but just enough to match how annoying they were. She had Roux and Latte on her social pages, so she sent the two a long list of items to buy from the gas station. The two gasped when they saw the message and ran off immediately.

“Did you just promise them pics of yourself or something in exchange for getting stuff from the station?” Ko asked. “Because I would go first for some pics of you.”

“Stop that.” Lillia said. “I mean it. Not now.”

Ko sighed, looking like an elementary schooler that just got caught stealing from the class toy bin and trying to act like they didn’t.

“What you did just now was unbelievable.” Lillia said. She started walking on the sidewalk, and Ko followed close behind her.

“Unbelievable in a good way?” Ko asked.

“No. Absolutely not. I’m incredibly disappointed in you.” Lillia said. “You upset my best friend, and her girlfriend, who is also one of my closest friends, and…for what? For what purpose did you think pulling this stunt would remotely be a good idea?”

Lillia pushed her glasses up as she waited for an answer. Ko stopped, poking at a crack in the sidewalk.

“I’m not…used to a move like that going this way.” Ko said.

“A move like that.” Lillia repeated.

“Yeah, I dunno…you really didn’t like it?” Ko asked.

Lillia wasn’t sure if glaring at her was enough to convey what she felt at the moment.

“I was just trying…I heard Zeta had a habit of…you know, stealing girls and stuff. So I didn’t want to lose you. And like I said, I like it when I can win someone, and winning someone is more satisfying when I win them from someone else.”

“That’s idiotic.” Lillia said, feeling her fire breath burn in her throat. She suppressed it, getting out her antacids. Being angry, having a fire breath power, and eating a lot of pizza was not the best combination. "I took you as brash and impulsive, but not as a bully. I don't find bullies attractive. I find them cruel. I thought you were better than that."

“Ouch, cold…” Ko said. Lillia accidentally let out a bit of fire breath as she ate two antacids. “Or…hot, I guess.”

Lillia crossed her arms, waiting for Ko to say something decent here and worrying that would never come to pass.

“I’m sorry,” Ko said. “That was really stupid of me. I should’ve…taken you more into consideration.”

Lillia sighed. “I will say that I do appreciate the idea of you making such a sweeping gesture for me. I just wish that gesture wasn’t you swiping at Zeta.”

“I…I just. I explained that already.” Ko said.

“I know. I’m trying to say…” Lillia gathered her words. “If things are to remain…heading towards where they were previously heading. You need to make amends.”

“And by heading…do you mean…?” Ko asked.

“I mean…” Lillia said. She gestured to herself, then back to Ko, who thankfully seemed to understand.

“So…you’re not telling me we’re super done done? That you never want to speak to me again?” Ko asked.

“If you’re entirely unapologetic to Zeta and Oka, then I’ll consider it.” Lillia said. “If you want to make this right for me, you’re going to make it right for them.”

“OK, so I’m kinda new to this sort of…amends thing.” Ko said. “What should I do?”

“You absolutely need to apologize to Zeta. Explain why you made such a pig-headed decision, and express that you’re sorry you hurt her. I expect the same for Oka. And honestly, for Kalei too. You did this at her slumber party, after all.”

“I can do that.” Ko said. “And if I do all that?”

“Then we can continue.” Lillia said. “But not until then.”

Ko nodded. “You should be a coach.”

“How so?” Lillia squinted.

“My coach will get all pissed at me when I screw up, and them explaining why sometimes gets me motivated,” Ko said. “You got me all pumped up.”

“Well, don’t make screwing up a habit.” Lillia said. “I won’t be as merciful as your coach presumably is.”

“I uh,” Ko laughed. “That’s…” She coughed. “You’re very cool, Lillia.”

Lillia took a deep breath, not feeling any fire brewing. Her anger was extinguishing along with the fire that was previously burning in her throat.

“One more thing.” Lillia said.

“What is it?” Ko asked.

Lillia extended her arms. “Hug me.”

Ko grinned and grabbed Lillia tightly. It had only been a bit since she’d last been hugged by Ko, but a bit was too long without the comfort of her strong arms, even if she had been a colossal jerk that night. The hug was hopefully the start of Ko making things right.

"I don't really deserve this." Ko said.

"You don't." Lillia said. "But I need it, so we'll make a compromise for now."

2