Chapter 2: RESOLVE
45 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moments later, Isagi's aura faded away and was replaced with pure determination as he glanced at his new mysterious teacher and asks, "So, what are we supposed to do now?"

Satoru Gojo, instead of answering Isagi's question like a normal being, threw him a business card that the latter managed to catch. He then went passed Isagi and said without looking back, "Go to that address and head to Principal Masamichi's office for the interview."

"Thanks..." Isagi haphazardly answered while still looking at the address. Then, he remembered that he hadn't even asked for that guy's name, "Eh... I haven't gotten your name, Sir..?"

"Gojo, Gojo Satoru."

WHOOSH!

The strongest jujutsu sorcerer coolly introduced himself before he vanished from his spot as if he wasn't there, to begin with. Isagi was awestruck by Gojo-sensei's display of coolness; unfortunately, though, he knew that he wouldn't be able to get teleportation because his powerset revolves around his vision. But he wasn't discouraged in the slightest as he knew that he'll reach his level if he keeps working hard enough; just like how he did in Blue Lock...

The Egoist turned bitter at the thought of Blue Lock. However, he soon shook it off and replaced it with a smile as he gazed at the card once more. He wondered, how his life would turn out after this? Oh well, questions for tomorrow's Isagi I guess.

"Time to change up my whole life for the second time."

Isagi said with anticipation as he put the card in his pocket and headed toward Jujutsu High with determination & rage oozing off him. That thing crushed his career as if it was just a simple prank for him so in return, he'll become the strongest sorcerer just to spite everyone, and make that curse/man beg for his mercy under his feet.

"Just you wait you freakish cosplayer... I'll make you regret ever messing with me because Imma shove your brain up your ass."

He meant that, literally.

Somewhere in Japan...

"Achoo!"

Suguru Geto sneezed with a shiver that followed suit.

"Something wrong, Geto?"

Asked his companion; a 'human' with heterochromatic eyes (one gray and the other blue), and long grayish-blue hair which was separated into three long strands that were tied at the end. Although, his most notable feature was his patchwork face which gave the illusion he was sewn together. He looked at Geto with interest, because he had never once seen him sneeze like that.

Geto shook his head in response, "Do not fret, Mahito... I just felt like something horrible will happen to me."

Mahito put his index under his chin as he pondered with child-like curiosity, "I wonder what kind of torture techniques would that person use on you?"

Suguru Geto deadpanned him and didn't say anything else while he thought, 'Maybe working with these Curses was a mistake...'

Somewhere in Sendai City...

Gojo Satoru appeared in one of the back alleys before heading toward the shopping district.

"Man, I got distracted by Jinpachi's sudden distress call. And it had to be now out of all times when I'm recovering (read: fooling around) one of Sukuna's fingers..."

While Satoru was rambling to himself, the onlookers were looking at him as if he was crazy; which, in his defense, they wouldn't even know what he was talking about so it's fine in his book. He continued,

"..would Fushiguro-kun be okay if I leave him be?" He asked himself while seriously pondering about the consequences. However...

"Eh, it's not like something will happen to him. He is his son, after all." Gojo shrugged it off as if everything will be fine. Satoru continued walking the district until he reached a...

"KIKUFUKU MOCHI!"

...souvenir shop.

If only Isagi was here to see this.

After buying a bag of them just for himself, he came out of the shop while humming a funky tune. At that moment, he recalled something that Ego told him.

"Hmm... Should I tell Isagi that he wasn't removed from Blue Lock?"

But then he remembered how determined he was to make that Curse question his life choices. Satoru smirked and assured himself,

"Nah, it'll be fine."

Blue Lock facility: gym room...

It had been a few hours since the last match has ended, but there was only one person in the gym training his ass off, and it was none other than Itoshi Rin, the currently strongest player in the Blue Lock facility. He's surprisingly tall for a Japanese boy, and coupled with his teal eyes as well as his distinct eyelashes, he could also be considered one of the prettiest too.

'Why Isagi?'

He repeated in his mind like it was a mantra to him. Why shouldn't he? Isagi was his only rival. He had no right to lose like that! His Nii-chan was the one who said Isagi will lead Japan's football, so why did he go and flopped like that?! Nii-chan's words were always law to him, which means there must be more to Isagi's loss than it seems, right?

One thing's for sure though, is that whatever was going on with Isagi, it wasn't natural in the slightest.

Half an hour passed as his training finished. Now, he decided to do two things that he never imagined it'll cross his mind till this day: 1) Messaging his Nii-chan about something important. 2) Taking a break from football for a few months until he finds Isagi and get him back.

First, he decided to do the former when he finished refreshing himself from the training.

"..Hope this goes well."

To be quite frank, he's anxious right now because the thing he's about to discuss with his brother is the one thing he tried to make him stay away from at all costs. So, he doesn't know if he'll agree to it or not. Then again, you won't know it unless you try it, right? So he typed the message and sent it away as he waited for his reply.

[Rin: Nii-chan, do you know where the key to the shrine is?]

Sae's reply came, but it wasn't something he expected at all considering his current personality.

[Nii-chan: Rin, whatever you do, do NOT go anywhere near that place, understood?]

[Rin: It's very urgent, Nii-chan. I need it.]

[Nii-chan: Why do you wanna go there?]

[Rin: Because it's for him.]

Real Madrid's prodigy knew who Rin was talking about, but why was he relevant to any of this?

[Nii-chan: What?]

Rin then began explaining the situation to him. After that, Sae responded while sighing behind his phone.

[Nii-chan: I see...]

[Nii-chan: The key's inside your trophy. Go do whatever the hell you want with it.]

"Phew... now that's done, let's go and talk with Ego-sensei." Rin heaved a sigh of relief when he read Nii-chan's answer. It honestly made him happy, but he'd never ever show it on his face. Now though, it's time to talk with that otter about his break from football for a while.

Somewhere in Tokyo...

"Let's see... This is the place where I'm supposed to be, right?" Isagi reached his destination, and to be honest, it was what he expected it to be like. On the outskirts of Tokyo, many temples and shrines could be seen, so as to not get lost, he used the minimap printed on the back of the card.

"Hmm... I wonder what the interview will be like, will it be just a couple of questions to test my morals, or it'll be a game that'd bring my skills to the test?" The Egoist was mumbling to himself as he headed toward the Principal's office. Was he nervous? Of course, he was! This supernatural bullshit is new territory for him, after all.

Minutes later, he reached a Buddhist temple that was quite different from the ones around it. He knows that he followed the directions on the map, so this must be the Principal's office. First, Isagi took a deep breath as he braced himself for what comes next.

"...Okay, here goes nothing!"

KNOCK KNOCK

"Principal Yaga, I'm Isagi Yoichi and I'm here for the interview." After knocking on the door a few times and making his presence known, he waited for the said Principal's response.

"Enter."

A burly sound came from the inside. That was Isagi's cue to get in there. Although, what he saw could only be described as... interesting.

A tall man with a muscular build & short, spiky, black hair was sewing a doll while being surrounded by other cute stuffed toys. His other facial features are a mustache & a goatee while also sporting a pair of shades.

'He's... something alright,' Isagi was quite flabbergasted and couldn't bring himself up to say anything until he got out of his stupor by the Principal himself.

"Speak up, kid. I don't have all the time to waste on you,"

"Ah!.. sorry," Isagi regained his bearings as he apologized. After taking another deep breath, he looked directly into Principal Yaga's eyes with pure determination as he declared,

"I wanna become the strongest Jujutsu Sorcerer."

Back with Rin...

'Will he even let me take a temporary break?' Was the question Rin asked himself while he was facing the founder of Project Blue Lock, Ego Jinpachi. The latter was suspiciously eying the former as a shadow began covering his face.

"If you're only here to stare at my dead fish eyes, then go lock off, Itoshi-kun." Ego Jinpachi stated with a hint of annoyance. Although, what he said about his appearance isn't totally a lie. With eyes were devoid of any emotion, and his bob-cut black hair, as well as black-framed glasses, made him appear like an average joe; however, beneath his ordinary appearance, was an ego that could not be matched with anyone on this planet.

Rin was about to say it, but he withheld himself from answering Ego's question as he pondered about what he really wanted. His whole perspective of football changed when he met Isagi. He showed him another purpose in football other than getting back at his brother. That Egoist was the only one who could envision the field just like him - and even beyond that. So to see him get disqualified due to something he didn't have any control over made him undeserving of his position.

The Revenger steeled his resolve as he declared,

"I don't wanna become No.1 like this... Not when I didn't beat Isagi with my own hands,"

Ego narrowed his eyes at Rin's statement, he did expect a tantrum from some players, but not Rin out of all people. Depending on how Rin would answer his next question, he'll decide what to do with him afterward, "So, what about it?"

Instead of normally answering him, Rin turned around and headed toward the door. However, before he went outside of the office, he looked back at Ego directly in the eyes as he said while his aura of eldritch abominations flared up,

"I will get his ass back here and destroy him in a 1v1 before he gets to leave."

The founder of Blue Lock didn't say anything as he let Rin exit his office while he thought about his next course of action. He then grabbed the said player's file and stamped it. On the pattern was written 'Temporary Break'.

"Don't die on me you two..." You could hear the tiniest bit of concern in his voice when he muttered to himself. You see, the reason why he immediately sent Isagi to Gojo at the quickest moment, or why he didn't put up a fight with Rin's request to leave Blue Lock, is because of what - or more accurately, who he saw. He doesn't know how or why he came back to life, but if that madman has set his eyes on his students, then it'll turn into a huge clusterfuck if he manages to get his hands on any of them - especially the ones with more Jujutsu talent. The prime example of an Egoist with decent talent would be Ryomen Sukuna, who turned from a mediocre chef, into the evilest monster of all time.

His presence was also the reason why Ego didn't tell Gojo exactly what the 'Curse' looked like. Because he feared that the strongest sorcerer would absolutely lose his shit and fuck this whole place up. Ego Jinpachi can only pray for what would come next to his students...

Back with Isagi...

"Disqualified."

"Huh?" Isagi was so caught off guard that he couldn't even process why he said that to his face right off the bat. Principal Yaga continued with his overly-strict voice,

"Why do you want to become the strongest? If it's just because of some petty revenge, then you have no right to be here!"

At that moment, Isagi felt something absurdly fast approach him from behind. So he ducked only to see a teddy bear that was about to crack his skull from behind with a haymaker. 'What in the actual Hell?!' He thought with disbelief. However, he couldn't waste any more time thinking as the flexible doll used his physique to axe-kick Isagi with his head being the target.

"Oh shit!"

CRASH!

He dodged it by leaping backward and avoiding getting his brain matter splattered across the room.

"Even if you managed to become the strongest and accomplish your revenge, what would you do next? Become a monster yourself that the rest of the world would go after your head?! Jujutsu Sorcerers are always putting their lives on the line for the weak! So if you're only here for power, then go get lost!"

'Shut up you doll fucker!' Isagi responded in his mind. While Yaga was lecturing Isagi about morality, Isagi fought tooth & nail for his life as he dodged the teddy bear's strikes by predicting their trajectory and the sheer wind pressure they emitted. Although he was annoyed by Yaga's way of doing things, he did think about what he told him.

"Do you know how many humans are killed by Curses every year? Ten thousand, either killed by sickness, accidents, incidents, and anything inhuman imaginable to mankind. Every one of us here dance with death every time we go out on a mission, so I ask of you, Isagi Yoichi; are you willing to dance with death?" Despite his tone saying otherwise, he was quite impressed by Isagi's display of skill, 'His senses are quite good for an athlete, although, his intuition and predicting abilities are off the charts considering he isn't even using Cursed Energy.'

Isagi began pondering deeply about what Principal Yaga just said while still keeping focus on the teddy bear's attacks, '...Recalling every Curse that I could remember, his aura was the strongest..'

WHOOSH!

He leaned back to avoid a quick one-two jab, 'I know that I'm not a Hero as my actions caused other people to sink into despair...' The image of Kira Ryosuke and the other people that he destroyed their careers with his own hands popped into his head.

FWOOSH!

Isagi then rolled to the side when the doll sent a right hook with his stretchy limbs, '...but I also know that my actions pushed others to become their best..' Now the images of his friends, rivals, and comrades that he made came into mind.

'So if killing him means I would save many civilians that had nothing to do with any of this...' His eyes shot up and were filled with vigor as he rushed toward the doll. The Egoist poured all of his power & emotions into this one strike; a roundhouse kick that'll decide the outcome.

A blue, flame-like energy was building up around Isagi's leg as he brought it up to hit the cursed toy with it while he shouted in his mind, 'That just gives me more motivation to kick his ass!'

BAAM!

The doll was thrown away to the side and hit the wall hard enough that it created a decent shockwave which managed to impress Principal Yaga even further. Isagi Yoichi, the Egoist, heaved a sigh of relief and steeled his resolve before he stated in pure confidence while his aura flared up,

"No, I'll beat the shit out of death if it gets anywhere near me & my comrades."

2