Season-Marvel Ep 5-1
185 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Episode 5-1

 

Lightning spilled out from the metal sheen of the sword Ako had just handed him. Thors always took a moment to realize this was what his life had come to. Fighting in another world not of one of the Nine Realms. As a viking misplaced out of time, and space it was surreal. He had heard the stories of Thor Odinson, his namesake traveling to distant worlds to fight off Frost Giants, the scourge of the Norse, but to experience it himself was another thing entirely. 

 

It was tempered by the fact his son would never hold a sword again. He swallowed pushing back that impossible memory, trying in vain to fight it off. He had done many things, abandoning his station as a soldier to save his own life, staying hidden away from his own army lest he be called back into service, and crushed countless warriors in the heights of war. 

 

Never had he come across shifty eyed men using shovels to cause the earth to shake and for a forest of trees to explode from the point. 

 

He jumped out of the way off a rattling metal contraption Ako had once mentioned were cars onto a floating sword. 

 

Ako was one of the strangest people he had met, being able to bring swords out of seemingly nowhere, she had explained it early that she had said she could bring them from other lands no matter where they were to her. It was amazing to think she was that capable of a Seior. 

 

“Oh? What upgrade did you take? I haven’t seen this one before.” Jack asked from atop a large oak tree, branches of wood swirling around and exploding in their direction. 

 

“Upgrade? This is all natural,” She smirked. The sword rain around her had turned the tide of brown oak, Wood was burnt, splinted and destroyed by the magical effects of her swords. Thors had been cutting through the branches at a much slower pace and looking for the right opportunity, this wasn’t his battle yet he wondered how long she could keep it up. 

 

“Hey, hey hey! You got started without me?” As he batted aside one of the swords Ako had sent his way, it clanged against his own as he deflected it behind him and it exploded behind him in ethereal fire. 

 

“Couldn’t have you showing me up now.” 

 

“Now that’s just rude, it is my birthright.” as the other of the duo showed up. Curved blades coming out of their limbs. “Is she stealing my shtick?” Reaper looked confused at the sword rain. 

 

“She is.” 

 

“Her powers would be a sweet upgrade, I say.” 

 

“They would be.” Jack agreed. 

 

“Let’s double team her.” 

 

“Phrasing.” Reaper laughed and joined the fight. 

 

Thors leapt between the ever shifting limbs of the tree as Ako covered him, he ran across the parking lot at a surprisingly faster pace. She had mentioned that the weapon would make him stronger and faster before fending off Jack's attacks. 

 

He was still quite a bit slower but as he watched Reaper run towards him, the experienced warrior in him recognized inexperience. 

 

‘Tactics, wordplay, and defense, are the best way,’ before their blades clashed and he sheared through them cutting off one of his limbs. 

 

The sheer shock of the move had momentarily froze him. Thors however capitalized on the action half a second faster, and that’s all she wrote. 

 

Speed and ferocity had him on the backpedal as he tried to get away abandoning his forearm that just hit the ground as they exchanged a furious symphony of metal. 

 

“You B-” A sword strike to his face interrupted his swear, and he snarled as he deflected it, his arm shaking from the blow as he blocked at the wrong angle. 

 

There was a welling up of energy in his blade that Thors dared not stop, unleashing it in a single strike towards his opponent’s abdomen who had no choice but to block. 

 

Tendrils of electricity exploded from ‘Veteran’ as lightning coursed through his body shot from Thors’ sword. Reaper couldn’t even scream but let out a quiet gasp. Collapsing on the spot like strings cut from a puppet. 

 

Thors went for the killing blow when a war ram smashed into his back and he flew across the parking lot, instinctively curling into a somersault. As he landed on his feet grimacing at the weight of the strike on his back. 

 

“Hey! I’m your opponent!” And Ako increased her sword ran, but it seemed Jack was done playing around an angry expression on his face. One of the branches of the tree had grabbed Reaped, bringing it to him before he took off running for one of the cars in the parking lot. ‘A sports car of sorts,’ Ako grimaced, “Hey wait!” trying to prune the explosion of wood aimed at Thors. 

 

Somehow either powers or knowhow the Veteran got the sports car started and drove off, blasting through the gates to the city. 

 

She ran towards Thors, “We have to go after them,” Thors nodded as much as he could before he slumped under her tiny shoulders, that somehow held the strength to hold up his two meter tall body. ‘Seior are amazing,’ he thought. They crawled into one of the cars she had drawn out of thin air like her swords. She set him into the passenger seat before crawling into the driver’s and they sped off. 

 

“Really hope the other guys can deal with the other two green supervillains.” She drove like a crazy person tires gripping asphalt as it struggled to stay on the road. 

 

It had taken some time for Thors to get used to the horseless metal carts. “Don’t worry, young seior, the man in red and blue is a very capable warrior, I don’t doubt he hasn’t defeated the flying monster.” 

 

“Spider-Man and the Green Goblin,” She corrected, Driving around a bend heading towards the city, “They aren’t who I’m worried about, it's the Lizard, I don’t think the guy with the axe I left behind is going to cut it.” She paused, “Pardon the pun.”  

 

Thors smiled, “Pun Pardoned, he will, the man has fire in his eyes.”

 

She raised an eyebrow, “He looked ready to give up.” 

 

“He hadn’t ran away when he had seen the Dragon had he?” 

 

It took a second to realize he was talking about the Lizard, “Lizard… and no. Though I wish he had,” she complained, “He’s going to get himself killed.” 

 

“You’re father would be proud of you.” catching Ako off guard as she almost missed the bend and hit the guardrail and sent them tumbling off the cliffside. 

 

The drive was silent for a while before she said, “Thank you.” 

 

“You’re Welcome,” Already staring off into the city lights thinking about his family and if his daughter was thinking of him.

How long should the chapter lengths be (Its hard to judge as people find 3k too much at times)
  • 1k Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 1.5k Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 2k Votes: 5 50.0%
  • More Votes: 5 50.0%
Total voters: 10
3