Season-Marvel Ep 4
309 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man in red and blue. He's been called many names throughout his lifetime, but only one of them mattered more than the others. Peter Parker.

 

He had always been Peter Parker, never Spider-Man. But Peter Parker had never been able to do anything right he had never been able to save his Uncle Ben, he had never been able to stop the bullies, he had never been able to make any lasting friendships.

 

But Spider-Man, he was the exact opposite..

 

So why wasn't he able to take down the Lizard?

 

He groaned. Having been thrown through a number of Walls. His back was aching and the spinal column felt like an unsolved jigsaw puzzle, in pieces.

 

He tilted his head up and watched as the lizard galloped after him on all fours running through the Broken Walls. Before getting a sword in his back.

 

That only stopped him for a second before Dr. Connors- ‘No the Lizard’ reminding himself, ripped it out of its back, turned around and hissed menacingly.

 

His head had too much of a concussion for him to actually think clearly so he couldn't hear what was being said. But he couldn't let them hurt, he had to put the Lizard down just for a second long enough for the vial to be stuck down his throat and return back to being Dr Conner.

  • ₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩§

He might've screamed, he might have blacked out. He would never really know. Once he regained his vision he found himself on his feet, and shouted something witty, "Doctor you're looking a little green," webbing the back of his tail, something the Lizard hated, and even more so when he pulled him back with all his strength. Lifting cars was nothing, the half ton Lizard? Child's play.

He punched him in the jaw, "You definitely forgot your daily dose of damage from your one and only." He was going to pass out, and nearly fell asleep. The banter was the only thing keeping him awake and focused.

Keeping it up, his speed was faster than the Lizard could recover. Punching rapidly, each hit landed in an instant, one after the other. The continuous impact of fist-on-scale resounding around the room before knocking him a final one through and out the window.

 

"That isn't five concrete walls…" He panted as a red haired girl and a really tall bouncer walked his way, "but it's a demonstrative defensive defenestration. Try saying that ten times fast." He then realized he’d forgotten to feed the Lizard the vial and nearly cursed when someone interrupted his train of self-loathing.

 

"Sorry, but my English isn't that good," said the girl running into the room from the broken walls he had utterly trashed. She wielded two clean black and white falchions which confused Spidey as he was sure one had jammed itself into the Lizards spine, ‘Maybe she had three’.

 

A bouncer walked in behind her wearing thick blue clothing like those llama people that lived up in the mountains he saw in a documentary once. The Bouncer didn’t even look in his direction as he walked towards the edge of the broken walls of the window area and jumped out.

 

Spidey was way too shocked to try and save him. That and his ribs were killing him, "He didn't even punch me hello ... What kind of Bouncer was he." He said between breaths. His experience with them involved back alleys and barbed bats.

 

"He’s not a bouncer,” She said, a little confused and wondering if he had hit his head, “The Lizard just took his kid and well..."

 

'No…' Spidey found his mouth dry and lips cracked, he moaned and struggled to say, "What… happened?"

 

Her expression seemed almost colder before she sighed, "Ripped to pieces."

 

The world seemed to spend, for a moment he felt like he was weightless. Ako quickly rushed to his side once she saw him stumble back, “Hey! Sit down, you’re going to hurt herself!” 

 

“I can’t... it’s my fault, I should’ve saved... “ 

 

Her expression twitched in annoyance, “Damn it, another one like dad…” Muttering under her breath, she got closer and said, “Listen,” in a commanding voice, eyes hypnotic, “Until you’re healthy, stay out of this fight.” 

 

“Until... I’m better... I should stay out of this,” He shook his head shocked that the words had come out without his control, “I-I-I can’t.” He stumbled away partially in fear and in rejection to the command itself Ako was employing on Spidey. He quickly jumped and leaped out of the building. 

 

Ako sighed, “Every damned time.” And jumped out after him.

 

  • ₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩§

 

The lizard was trying to get back into the building, the place where all the tasty morsels resided. Slowly, but surely, he was starting to regain his sanity, if it had been an hour earlier he would’ve been in an animalistic frenzy running around frantically without direction. Spider-man had punched him far enough that he fell over the side of the iron electric fence surrounding the building. The Lizard had shocked itself trying to climb it finding out the hard way. Behind him a parking lot.

 

“Hohoho, hahaha, HAHAHAHA! The Green Goblin is a little mad you stole his look and he'll be taking it back." Coming in on a hovering flight device with wings he popped a pumpkin bomb into his hand from the glider. His eyes then widened as the hood of a car came flying towards him and he jumped over it, "Alley yop!" Taking a second to acrobatically pose and throw the bomb underhandedly towards the Lizard.

 

Exploding, it smashed the Lizard into the cars.

 

"Hey, you green man!"

 

"Hmm? Name's Green Goblin, tall dark and ugly at your service," doing a flourishing bow atop his Glider. 

 

Thor ignored his rambling, "I need you to continue to distract him."

 

As if on cue Jack, one of the veterans from the beginning, jumped into the fray. He wielded a long silver gleaming shovel in his hand. "Or you could stand back and let the real men work."

 

"Goblin-hey now," The Goblin swerved his glider out of the way as something long, brown and topped with green sped past the hoverboard 10 meters in the air. He had managed to swerve back enough to see a large tree in its spot, its branches creaking ominously in all directions. "What." For a moment even the madness of the Goblin couldn't comprehend what he was seeing and  was at a loss. A lunatic he was, he was still a naturalistic materialistic scientist at heart. The supernatural was a fairytale yet the giant tree had sprouted from nowhere.

 

"Keep your wits about you ‘legendary supervillain’"

 

“And the freak train just gets weirder,” Spidey said before landing on the branch of the tree, “Who are you two supposed to be?” The Lizard seemed to sense he was outmatched and disappeared in between the shadows where the lights weren’t placed. 

 

Spidey became serious instantly, “Nevermind that, we need to-” 

 

“Die?” And a large pumpkin bomb fell between all three as the Goblin soared away laughing, to the boombs increased beeping going off in a massive explosion.

  • ₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩§

 

Sieghart never imagined he would be in a situation like this having a shoutout in a supervillain lair with sci-fi tech most star wars nerds would die to see.

 

His opponent didn't seem as perturbed with the situation almost lazily dodging the hyper sonic bullets. Sieghart knew of course no matter how fast the gun was, moving it from side to side still took time and if one could theoretically guess the trajectory of the bullets and it wouldn't be impossible to dodge. Hearing about it was one thing, seeing it action was another. 

 

He just gave up and threw the pumpkin bombs he managed to swipe on his way to cover. He had to get out of here before things went further sideways. Unfortunately the bomb he must've thrown likely had some extra c4 because the explosion rocked the entire cave shattering certain fragile glass cases labeled with a large X and the other with GG-S-07 causing their containers to spill out. Sieghart coughed as his vision blurred.

 

'I really don't need this right now.' He thought

 

Sieghart fell against one of the many display cases holding antique weaponry and armour nearly stabbing himself with one of the blades. He could barely focus now whatever was in that gas was giving him a massive migraine.

 

He stumbled towards the metal glider the Green Goblin had used, making perfect sense the rich super villain had backup copies. He slammed onto one smacking his hand on the unlatch button, the various metal hooks and clamps releasing it from their grip. His body was starting to burn something fierce, he shoved himself onto the glider not knowing when the veteran would be getting up. He could hear him shuffling as he muttered, “Come on, come on, stupid piece of junk turn on already.”

 

It revved its rocket engine or whatever powered it, and clambered onto it, latching on the foot clamps, ‘so that’s why he doesn’t just fall off…’ With one mystery out of the way the Glider took off at breakneck speeds shooting straight over the Veteran’s clambering form, out into the shaft going straight up to avoid slamming against the walls of the shaft. 

 

He followed the path of destruction the Goblin had left behind, which wasn’t hard as the Osborn’s crazy alter ego had pyromaniacal and was architecturally-challenged. From the warm room temperature to the frigid wings of the night air the temperature dropped sharply leveling off before growing steadily colder the higher he went. He swerved the thing around trying to bring it to a stand still, jerking suddenly as he pushed the foot accelerator in the wrong direction and starting doing loop de loops. 

 

None of this was good for his grip, the fierce fire of his body from the gas, to the frigid night air, to the nauseous maneuvers, he was going to hurl and fall to his death if this kept up. 

 

“Oh what’s this I see?” chuckled a familiar green super villain. 

 

‘Oh Come on!’ Sieghart couldn’t see anything but he could hear the lunatic, “Go...ulprh, away!” 

 

“Now now, I can’t leave a young man like you unintended. I have to show you the ropes, after all hanging is the best-Urk.” There was a thwip and a rush of air before Sieghart could figure out what happened to the Goblin he was off in the wrong direction. 

 

‘Alright enough is enough.’ Sieghart geared up. In a fashion he had timed the length when the Glider would point at the ground again it would be then he would have to pull himself onto the thing. His fingers had been growing so cold he felt they would crack and shatter under the strain. At the very top of the loop, ‘Now!’ He pulled his feet under him and into the clamps securing his position was one thing, now on the thing upside down, he realized exactly how hard it was to balance the thing. 

 

He heard a familiar beeping and quickly turned on what counted as the ‘nitrous’ for the thing and blasted off hearing the scream of an explosion. He didn’t need to look behind him to know the lunatic was after him. 

 

‘Didn’t Spider-Man take care of him dammit!’ He wouldn’t have much more time before he crashed somewhere or died.

 

He swerved around flipping end over end trying to reorient as his glider kept barrel rolling. The sounds of explosions far off into the distance he felt the Goblin hadn't expected such a screw up having gotten a second. 

 

The nausea started to fade and he had a sudden grasp of intuition. Quickly the strength from somewhere as his abdomen clenched and he righted the glider flying upside down slowly turning it right side up. 

 

For a brief moment he enjoyed the cool breeze against his skin and he realized the fierce pain had disappeared. The moon like a smaller softer white sun illuminating everything but the large shadows and the glow of the city's light pollution.

 

Sieghart's eyes widened, 'Wait, were those broken canisters-'

 

Booom!

 

Not a moment too soon before the Supervillain came back into view, “Thief! Flying on the efforts of my genius, not your own, give it back!” He reared up another pumpkin bomb. Sieghart shut off the engine letting himself drop, before putting the pedal to metal immediately backflipping straight downwards towards the grass plains firing on all thrusters. He could hear the Goblin cursing trying to follow him, the air rushed by the two as they played a quick game of chicken with the earth and who would swerve away first. Unfortunately for the supervillain he’d forgotten there was a third and fourth party in this engagement. 

 

Due to Sieghart’s quick thinking the Goblin had come closer to the ground a lot enough so a certain wall crawler could reach with say... his webs. “Alley yoop!” Spider-Man smashed into the Goblin, having slingshot himself from a nearby building, punting him off his Glider as the two went tumbling through the air. The duked it out tumbling through the air like it was some final fantasy fight forgetting gravity. Sieghart grit his teeth as he pulled up early enough the ground was ten meters before he would’ve smashed into it. Even with such a distance it was terrifyingly closer than he would’ve liked. 

 

Sieghart had no idea what the Glider was being powered by but he really didn’t want to find out when it puttered out and would start tumbling through the air. 

 

Managing not to crash into the windows somewhere. His feet hit the hard concrete of the Oscorp rooftop as he took in what had just happened his knees wobbling. He fell to his knees gasping not from exertion but from the excessive adrenaline. He heard footsteps on the other side of the door where the emergency stairs work to the roof. It was Jack and Reaper he didn't know if you would have the energy to properly fight them if at all. The door slammed open and a tall barrel chested blonde dude burst out with a terrified expression on his face.

 

"Did you," he looked around, glancing at the glider, "defeat the whackjob?"

 

"What?"

 

“The goblin, I'm talking about the pumpkin bomb masked weirdo."

 

"Oh him. Spidey is fighting him, I'm not exactly great in the air."

 

He was silent for a moment before the spikey haired blonde spoke up, "... My name is Eddie Brock, you?"

 

Sieghart moment and inhaled, "Yeah, I'm, yeah, its nice to meet you," shakily getting to his feet to shake his outstretched hand, he didn't really know what the procedure was for situations like this, "Name's Sieghart."

 

"Come on. Meet the others."

7