Chapter 1: A Tail’s New Life
2.5k 41 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: A Tail's New Life


I woke up in a dimly lit room. I couldn't move my hand as I wiggled my body. I noticed a hand wrapped around me in a hug.

"Acho!" she sneezed as my fur tickled her nose.

My fur? I tried to wiggle my body and found out that I had no hands. Ah, this is that template, huh? A reincarnation template. I didn't meet any god. I wonder if I have a status window.

Name: Shiro (Yokoda Shuichi) Race: fox's tail
Status: Normal Age: 15 Years
Level 2 (linked) Job none
 
HP 70% (linked)
Mana 100% (linked)
       
STR 2 INT 10
Dex 5 WIS 10
       
Skill:
  • mathematic
  • reading
  • writing
Blessing: none    
Name: Lily Race: foxkin
Status: enslaved Age: 15 Years
Level 2 (linked) Job Slave
 
HP 70% (linked)
Mana 100% (linked)
       
STR 5 INT 3
Dex 2 WIS 3
       
Skill:
  • Housekeeping
  • Farming
  • Animal Husbandry
Blessing: none    

Two bright obscene blue boxes appeared before me. As I dismissed the blue boxes in my mind, they disappeared. Okay, so this is that type of transmigration. What can I do now? I have seen a novel about reincarnation as a weapon. But now that I see my body, I am a fox girl? But I can't control my body except for the tail? I also can see the outside even if the girl is sleeping. It is like I am in a game's third point of view. I can't use magic, either.

"My skills are just mathematics and languages, huh? Is this that template? The hell-mode isekai? Not the easygoing isekai? This is bad!!" I screamed in horror. In reflex, the tail bristled and straightened in tension. I read a lot of isekai to know that not all are easygoing. Most protagonists get OP after a while, but many also suffer in their initial stages. Moreover, She is enslaved with a collar on her neck!! Without some luck, I am finished!!

"Hmm… who is talking?" The cute girl opened her eyes.

"Erm… Hello?"

"Hello," the girl smiled as she continued to hug me again.

"You know, today, I got hit and scolded 3 times less than yesterday. It appears that the secret is not to say anything, and when the master comes, you just need to bow down and…" Lily rambled on. She appeared to view her tail as some sort of imaginary friend and chatted with it.

Now that I looked closer at her, she had bruises all over her body. If you looked at her status, She was enslaved. It also appeared that her master was ruthless and hit her often.

"Damn…" I muttered as I got dizzy listening to her. On Earth, hitting a girl will be a quick way to get into jail. But this girl, she was happy that she got hit less? I didn't know what slavery was like back then on Earth. Is it normal to hit someone 10 times a day?

"Wake up, beast!!" She was suddenly kicked. I yelped in surprise while wagging my tail.

"Yes.. master." She stood up from the floor. Her head was lowered in submission.

"What kind of guard dog sleeps after its master woke up. Do some laundry and tend the horses!" The young master screamed in annoyance. Wah… the young master is still so young. Is he 12 years old? And yet, he is crueler than even my boss back on Earth.

Lily immediately went outside and fed the horses. She then brought the horses and tied them on the fences in front of the mansion. She was used to this. When I looked around, I also saw several servants. There were human and animal-eared ones. When I looked at the discrepancy between the different races, I immediately understood.

"They are abused…." I muttered as I saw the ragged clothes of demihuman and clean maid clothes of human servants. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. There are about 5 demihumans and 2 humans in this mansion. The worst part is that even the human servants abused their position and evaded work. Sometimes they threw words of insults toward us.

"Hey Shiro… Do you think life is better out there?" Lily asked me.

"At least it should be better than this. If you managed to find countries that did not discriminate against demihumans…." I replied.

"That's a nice dream. But a demihuman country was destroyed 50 years ago in a war against humans. All demihumans are slaves now. Nobody in this world would welcome us with open arms." She said while dejected. She is currently doing laundry. Watching her work, I saw the arrogant young master riding his horse. Even from an amateur viewpoint like mine, it was clear that he was not very good at it. He needed some servant to hold his horse, and even then, the horse didn't even run. Moreover, he keeps shouting angrily toward the servant, which scares the horse, making it turn and walk in a twisted direction.

You have learned the skill appraisal.

Another blue box appeared, and the name appraisal was there when I looked into my status.

 

Name: Shiro (Yokoda Shuichi) Race: fox's tail
Status: Normal Age: 15 Years
Level 2 (linked) Job none
 
HP 70% (linked)
Mana 100% (linked)
       
STR 2 INT 10
Dex 5 WIS 10
       
Skill:
  • mathematic
  • reading
  • writing
  • appraisal lvl 1
Blessing: none    

I tried to use it on other people, but I got only the name. It was something that I already knew from the conversation and behavior of the servants and young master.

Name: Luigi Berhondst Race: Human
Status: unknown Age: 10 Years
Level unknown Job Noble's Son
 
HP unknown
Mana unknown
       
STR unknown INT unknown
Dex unknown WIS unknown
       
Skill:
  • unknown
Blessing: unknown

 

Name: Maria Race: Human
Status: unknown Age: unknown
Level unknown Job Servant
 
HP unknown
Mana unknown
       
STR unknown INT unknown
Dex unknown WIS unknown
       
Skill:
  • unknown
Blessing: unknown

It seems my new life as a tail will come with many hardships.

64