Chapter 2: Trampled as a Tail
1.8k 8 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Trampled as a Tail


Several days passed, and I realized that Lily was Luigi's personal maid. What a disaster, we have an irrational boss with a temper. She really got hit a lot. Whenever Luigi was pissed, he immediately vented his anger on Lily. I can only console her by rubbing her head and cheek with my tail.

I am not a legendary weapon and have no cheat ability, so this is the best I can do for her. For this mansion, Luigi is the second son of Count Albert Berhondst. He has two sons. The older one is called Silvester. Most of Luigi's stress came from him as he was often compared to his excellent brother.

"Hey, Go to the courtyard." Luigi spotted me. Lily followed him meekly. In the courtyard, His older brother was there.

"Hey. Let's practice swordsmanship!" His older brother said.

Luigi hesitantly picked up his training sword, and after a few seconds, he was beaten. Whoa, He really got the moves there. Despite this family's arrogant nature, this brother seemed to have a real skill while holding that sword.

"Come on, is that the best you got?"

"Fuck it, brother! You got a blessing! It is impossible for normal people to match you!" Luigi screamed in a rage. Blessing? Ah, that one? At the bottommost row of the status screen.

"Lui, I am giving you a chance, you know!" Silvester said while smirking. "Gods gave a blessing to those they deemed fit. If you managed to attract Their attention, perhaps you too may get a blessing."

"Damn it! You just got lucky!" Silvester's face turned hostile at that moment. He immediately bashed Luigi's face with a punch, and Luigi was sent flying.

"I worked hard in swordsmanship! Only after a life-and-death battle in Verundra, I managed to gain a blessing. Don't ever call it lucky again if you value your life!" He roared

"Your writing is messy, and you hardly read. Even your swordsmanship is poor. I swear that even some kid on the street has better swordsmanship than you! Excel in something! Only then can you become the head and not a tail following other people's whims!"

"Hmph! I wasted my time with you. Hey, you! Here!" He threw away the practice sword at me. "Hey, Luigi! I will give you a suitable opponent. Hurry up."

Lily meekly raised her sword. Luigi rushed over and charged at her. Hitting her arm without holding back. I could hear some bones cracking as she fell down, moaning in pain.The pain was transmitted from her body to me. As she stood up while trembling in fear, I looked at her HP.

HP 70%

"Raise your sword!" I screamed at her. I could hear my heartbeat rose as the pain also made me panic. She followed without hesitation as my feeling seemed to be transmitted to her. The block was perfect. I kept ordering her to swing her sword, and Lily parried everything beautifully. It seemed I could perfectly convey my thoughts to her as Lily blocked the sword precisely as I wanted her.

"Steady yourself. Swing your sword!" I asked her. The memory of when I played games on earth resurfaced. It was like when I played infinity blade on my phone. I parried the enemy then I charged for an attack.

However, Lily refused to budge. "No… if I hit him… he will hit me… and the collar…" her thoughts were transmitted to me while whimpering.

Is this one of those? Those unwinnable scenarios from games? After a few minutes of defending, Silvester grumbled. "How pathetic! See? You can't even beat a slave!"

He then picked another training sword and prepared a stance. As his sword glowed red, he charged at Lily. It was like those ultra-deadly finishers in games. I know it was bad news. Even if it was a training sword, that could seriously kill a person if hit in the wrong place.

"Lily! Defend!!" I screamed as I projected an image toward her. She immediately blocked the attack, but it was to no avail. The sword broke. She flew and crashed into the fences, and blood dripped from her head.

HP 20%

Lily has learned the skill of sword mastery.

You have learned the skill of sword mastery.

Either to console me or to mock me, the system gave us a sword mastery skill. It is still level one. When I asked, Lily said that she couldn't see her own status except for her name, race, level, and job. It is only possible to look at the full status if you have an appraisal or using an appraisal stone.

Count Albert came after another servant told him we had broken the fences. He only sighed at the children and told them to keep playing in moderation and not destroy things.

I was mad beyond words at this attitude. Lily was almost dead, and you dismissed it like that? She is currently in a coma, and you only gave her a blanket so she can sleep on the floor? I can't believe that I started to miss that black company after coming to this world. Yeah, those corrupt black corporations now seemed like an angel compared to these guys.

They can kill demihuman just like that, and no one will bat an eye. We need to escape this house. No, we need to flee this country! I prefer to live alone in the forest rather than this!

"Shiro…" Lily moaned in pain. She finally woke up as her HP ticked back to 50%

"Yes? Lily?" I nuzzled my body into her hand, and she hugged me. She woke up slowly and stared at the ceiling.

"I need to do laundry and prepare the young master's bed!" Her fear was transmitted to me. But as she tried to wake up, she moaned in pain and slept back.

"You are injured. You can't move with all of these wounds. Please sleep until you get better…."

For the first time in my life, I cared for somebody else from deep within my heart. She is just a kid, yet she suffers a lot of abuse. She did not harbor any malice but fear. I tried to entertain her as she slept by laughing at Luigi's pitiful state after being beaten up by his brother. Still, she only replied that she was scared that Luigi would hit her afterward.

"Shiro… who are you?" Lily asked. "My tail never talked like that…."

"Ah… you just realized it now?" I said. "I don't know myself. I just woke up here when I died. I thought I was reincarnated as you. But I can only control your tail. Took you long enough to realize your tail sometimes misbehaves…." I chuckled.

"I see, so the last few days when you talked back to me were not my imagination. I thought I was going crazy because Master Silvester killed Mina last month."

"Lily… pretend to sleep. Close your eye. If He sees you awake, he will hit you again." I asked Lily to sleep. I felt footsteps walking close by. When I warned her, she immediately obeyed. The door was thrown open, and Luigi came inside.

He was mad. If only this was earth, this kind of attitude would not matter. But he is the son of a noble, and it is permissible to hit commoners or even outright kill them, even if the noble is still a child. I can only depend on my skill from earth to stay hidden without making any sound.

"Fucking slaves dare to mock me!" He looked at me in annoyance. After kicking some random furniture, he stormed out in rage.

Lily continued to close her eyes. Even when she was awake, she didn't open her eye before asking permission from me. Lily was the happiest that day. She said she was only hit once today and managed to sleep for a long time. I can only let out an imaginary tear at her statement of happiness.

67