Chapter 14. Counterattack and the end?
511 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"He wants to kill me, he actually wants to kill me!"

An inexplicable emotion filled Roger's brain. On the first day he traveled to this world, he saw a lighthouse in the distance on the dark sea.

Then before he fainted, he reached out for help. In the following days, he and Kant did not get along well, that man was indifferent and blunt, and when Roger saw that blue figure under the moonlight at night.

There was an inexplicable fear in his view of this man. Although he had decades of life experience in his previous life, he lived in a peaceful time, but he never experienced what is a real life-and-death crisis.

Until the moment he rushed to the top of the tower, he saw the threat of death from Kant's shotgun.

This was the first time he saw undisguised killing intent in the eyes of a human being.

Under the influence of the concentration potion, Roger's perception was several times more developed than before, and before Kant pulled the trigger, he rushed up immediately.

Without evasion or defense, he rushed straight to Kant.

"Crack!"

There was a crisp sound.

"The gun is out of bullets."

Roger is very clear about this point. Before attacking the Murloc leader, he not only found the right timing, but also noticed that Kant had loaded several bullets.

And at the juncture of life and death, Kant, who seized the opportunity, subconsciously fired all the bullets!

This is why Roger dared to move forward after seeing the death of the Murloc leader.

He hoped that he could live in peace with Kant, after all, it was Kant who dragged him back from the icy coast that night not long ago.

But unfortunately...

Grabbing the iron ax stuck in the Murloc leader's body with his right hand, Roger rolled forward, and the iron ax in his hand sliced ​​through!

Kant looked astonished, he threw the shotgun in his hand forward, and pulled out a dagger from his waist while retreating.

"Haha, die, die!"

"Take out your heart, and Ivy can..."

Kant's roar stopped abruptly. He widened his eyes and covered the wound on his neck. A large stream of blood flowed down his fingers, and the dagger in his hand fell to the ground.

Bang!

The vitality subsided, and Kant looked at Roger with a pale face.

Croak!

At this moment, the female Murloc not far away suddenly let out a scream, and her body twisted and crawled forward.

Only then did Roger realize that the scales on the female murloc's body were fading, and her facial features became more and more human-like.

Roger took a few steps back, carefully guarding with the iron ax in front of him.

But what surprised him was that the female Murloc desperately crawled to Kant's side as if she didn't see Roger, and caught Kant's crumbling body.

Just like shedding her skin, the female murloc's facial features became more and more normal, and it was only then that Roger noticed how seriously she was injured.

"Why did you have to kill me?"

"I can pretend I didn't see anything."

Roger asked softly.

Kant shook his head and uttered the last words in his life.

"I don't trust anyone."

"Any human!"

After speaking, he stared and died in the arms of the female Murloc.

The female Murloc let out a scream, but when Roger thought she was going to attack, she did nothing.

The transformation of her body was still going on, until finally, she became completely human. She glanced at Roger, but her expression was calm without any hatred.

Immediately afterwards, she dragged Kant's body and moved to the top floor step by step.

At this time, the sun outside has completely jumped out of the sea level, and the whole island is bright.

The female Murloc was seriously injured, but when she became a human, her injuries exploded. As she moved forward, there was a shocking bloodstain on the ground!

Roger felt a sense of oppression in his chest, and he stood still, watching helplessly as the female Murloc dragged Kant up to the top floor, where he was exposed to the sun.

As if she had endured the most severe torture, the Murloc's seemingly normal skin instantly festered. She struggled but did not make a sound, and hugged Kant tightly. And died in the morning light.

Roger dropped the iron ax in his hand, followed the bloodstains on the ground to the watchtower at the top.

He stood there, looking around, and for the first time he had a panoramic view of the island.

"What a beautiful place."

The corpse under his feet was in stark contrast to the vitality in the distance, and he let out a long breath.

"Is this the witcher?"

Should Kant be damned?

Roger didn't know, maybe in another environment, they would become good friends, but here, when Roger discovered Kant's secret, the ending of the two was already doomed.

At that time, if he hesitated a little, he might be the one who died. Or, that man already knew about the injuries on the female Murloc, and he was completely insane.

With the passage of time, the effect of the medicine receded like a tide, and the brain seemed to be dug out of thin air. The strong nausea made Roger almost fall to the ground.

The lower two floors had been burnt into disrepair, and with his current physical condition, he couldn't return to the hut.

Exhaustion and dizziness stimulated his nerves all the time, he tidied up casually, and fell asleep in a daze.

The lights and shadows were chaotic in his sleep, and he saw twisted monsters, burning flames, and a big hand stretched out at the end.

The afternoon sun shone on his face, and instead of the familiar coolness in his brain, he felt a pinprick-like pain, and his stomach was empty, sending out a signal of hunger.

Roger returned to the third floor, took out some canned food, and ate them whole.

The body of the female Murloc had turned into a ball of coke, and it turned into ashes when touched lightly. Roger didn't care about it at first, but before he left, he glanced lightly, and found a faint light in the ball of ashes. point.

A pendant.

The whole body is silver and white, and the pendant and necklace are both made of metal. From Roger's aesthetic point of view, this pendant looks a bit ugly, and it's even hard to tell what shape it is.

It looks like an iron embryo, and it also looks like a mass of twisted and solidified metal meat.

As soon as he got the pendant, he felt a strange energy passing over.

"Is it a magic item?"

He was immediately interested.

After much searching, no other items were found, and as for Kant, Roger only found a key on his body.

He used this key to open a secret door next to the iron cage on the 4th floor.

The room is cramped and barely fits a table and a bed. The table is full of various books.

Opening the drawer, a notebook came into view.

Opening the diary, a photo was posted on the first page, but most of the photo was violently ripped off, leaving only Kant with a distorted face.

Opening the title page, Roger read it carefully. He knew that through this diary, he might be able to truly understand the true heart of that indifferent man hidden under the hard exterior.

And... everything about it.

22