Chapter 19. Contact
520 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The distant islands are in sight.

A majestic figure appeared on the bow of the ship, wearing an ordinary work uniform, which looked taut. He paced anxiously on the bow of the ship, looking towards the direction of the island from time to time.

"Greg, you're too restless, relax a bit, this is just an ordinary mission."

A woman's voice came.

It was a middle-aged woman who spoke. She looked about 40 years old, with short golden hair, and thin cheeks, and looked very capable.

Years of wind, frost, and hard work have left deep marks on her face, but her figure is well maintained. It can be seen that she was definitely a popular beauty when she was young.

"What if that guy runs away?"

The big man named Greg said in a rough voice.

He has a burly figure and a bushy beard. Just based on his appearance, he will definitely make people think of a thug at the first time.

"Relax man."

"This is an isolated island, where can he go without a boat?"

"Can you fly with a pair of wings?"

Another voice came, this is an old man in his fifties with a red face.

"The only small boat on the island was torn to pieces in a previous storm, and the guy has barely left the island since."

"But are you mistaken?"

The old man asked suspiciously.

"As far as I know, Kant is a good guy. Although he is withdrawn, he is actually a cold-faced and warm-hearted person. Working on the island for so many years, he hasn't made any mistakes, saying that such an honest guy will kill people."

The old man shook his head.

"I won't believe it."

"What do you know?!"

Greg said gruffly, "I have been a policeman for so many years, and I have seen too many vicious criminals. Let me tell you, it is often the honest people you think are the most hated perverts!"

"Those guys usually hide in the crowd, and only show their fangs at certain times!"

"Hehe."

The old man chuckled lightly.

"Come on, Greg."

"I watched you grow up, where did any perverted killers appear in our Bay Town?"

"The last murder case dates back to three years ago."

Greg's face swelled, and he still forcefully defended, "I have touched many files in my work, and there are quite a lot of records in it."

Afterwards, the two talked to each other, from Greg's embarrassing incident to the security of the town, each talking about their own, but they quarreled fiercely.

But at this moment, the expression of the blond woman standing beside her with a helpless face suddenly changed.

"Shut up! Look!"

She stretched out her finger, and the two people who were arguing looked in the direction.

They were against the light, and the scorching sun hit their eyes, but even so, the three of them could still clearly see the scorched lighthouse standing on the island.

"Full speed ahead!"

The old man jumped into the wheelhouse and raised the speed of the boat to the limit.

At the same time, Roger took off the pendant hanging near the lighthouse. He put the pendant around his neck and carefully simulated his next performance in his mind.

Looking at the boat approaching rapidly, he silently cheered himself up.

"Roger, it's time to start your show!"

After thinking twice, Roger decided not to distort the facts too much. He hasn't tidied up his appearance in the past few days, so he looks downcast and dirty.

Brewing up his emotions, Roger pretended to be a disaster survivor, and ran towards the docked boat in a staggered manner, shouting loudly while running:

"There's a boat! There's a boat!"

"Saved, I'm finally saved!"

But at this moment, Roger saw a burly figure on the boat suddenly pull out a pistol, aiming the black muzzle at his chest.

"Don't move!"

"Stand where you are!"

Roger looked confused, what about the promised rescue? What about the promised supply ship? What is this unfolding?

"Put down the gun!"

"Look clearly, he's still a child!"

A sharp female voice came.

Roger followed the sound, and saw a blond woman jumping off the boat and walking towards him with big strides wading through the water on the shore.

The woman's beautiful face showed concern that couldn't be concealed, and she opened her hands to try to make herself look non-threatening.

"Listen to me kid, we mean no harm."

She turned her head and pointed to the logo on the ship, "As you can see, this is a supply ship. My companion is too nervous, don't worry."

As she spoke, she gestured frantically, signaling Greg to put away the gun in his hand.

Slowly approaching Roger, "My name is Andrine, what about you?"

A trace of doubt flashed in Roger's eyes, and a sense of vigilance suddenly rose in his heart, because the woman in front of him and the man on the boat behaved a little strangely, and they really didn't look like the staff on the boat.

But he still replied according to the pre-set lines: "Me?"

"I just remember my name is Roger, the rest... I can't remember anything."

As he spoke, he held his head and pretended to be in pain.

"A castaway?"

Andrine quietly breathed a sigh of relief, and then continued to ask, "Are you the only one on the island?"

"Where's the weather surveyor at the lighthouse?"

"You mean Kant?"

There was a look of panic on Roger's face, "He saved me, but later... later, it caught fire, a big fire!"

"I dare not go near there, I have never seen him again!"

A cry came out of his throat, and Roger swore that he had already used his acting skills to the limit at this time.

"Quick, Greg!"

Andrin waved her hands frantically, hearing her order, Greg jumped out of the boat and rushed ashore, then ran quickly towards the lighthouse.

Andrine looked gentle, "Don't worry, Roger, you're saved. You can return to the town with our boat in a while. I don't think it will take long before you can return home and return to the arms of your parents."

Speaking of this, a trace of unnaturalness flashed across her face, and then she quickly returned to normal.

It didn't take long for the disheartened Greg to run back.

He looked serious.

"I found a charred body, it should be that Kant, damn it, did this guy set fire to himself?"

Greg clenched his fists, catching a murderer and finding a murderer's body, whether it is rewarding for meritorious service or spreading the word, the effect is completely different.

"Hey, kid, you've been with that Kant all the time, have you noticed anything?"

Roger shrank back pretending to be scared, and Andrine stepped forward to block Roger.

"Pay attention to your tone, he is a child, not your prisoner!"

Greg smiled awkwardly, "Well, I was too nervous, I just found it a bit strange, judging from the way he killed Nick, it doesn't seem like he would commit suicide..."

Seeing Andrine's sharp eyes, Greg seemed to understand something, and silently closed his mouth.

There was a hint of surprise in the eyes of Roger, who was standing behind Andrine.

"What did they find? It looks like they are here to arrest Kant."

After rearranging the information in his mind, Roger thought about the next countermeasures.

19