Chapter 29. Track down
402 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Police station.

Roger was sitting in the inquiry room. Early this morning, Andrine told him that he needed to ask for some information about the Kant case.

"Kant?"

Roger felt a little puzzled but didn't take it seriously. There are many procedures in the police that are very cumbersome, and some questions need to be asked repeatedly.

Not long after, Andrine walked in. Besides her, there was actually a tall, pretty-looking blond girl by her side.

"This is Roger, a survivor on the island. He was the last person Kant saw before committing suicide."

While making the introduction, Andrine pulled away the chair in front of the table.

"This is Ivy, she is Kant's girlfriend, she has a few questions..."

"Ivy?"

Hearing this name, Roger's eyelids twitched, and he almost cried out in surprise. He tried his best to control the expression changes on his face, and at the same time glanced at the other party quickly.

"Is it the same name?"

"Does this guy Kant have every girlfriend with the same name?"

The blonde girl on the opposite side had short ear-length hair and delicate light makeup on her face. She should be around 30 years old. She is not particularly beautiful, but her temperament is extremely outstanding.

Just looking at his appearance, it's hard to imagine that a guy like Kant could find a girlfriend of this quality.

"Hello."

She offered her hand.

"Uh... Hello."

Roger subconsciously stretched out his hand, but as soon as he touched the opponent's finger, he quickly retracted as if being pricked by a needle.

"It seems that our little Roger is a little shy."

Andrine laughed and made a joke.

Roger smiled awkwardly, but he was terrified inside.

He is now very sure that the woman in front of him is the one mentioned in Kant's diary, the one who was looking for the so-called treasure and was considered dead by Kant!

But why is she here?

What is she here for?

In an instant, several thoughts turned in Roger's mind, and he suddenly thought of something!

"Transformation Book"!

No matter from which angle you look at it, this book is extremely precious. When she took Kant out to sea, it must be inconvenient to take this book with her, so she left it on the lighthouse.

But then I don't know what happened, this Ivy disappeared completely, making Kant think that the other party was dead.

What happened during her disappearance?

Just now, when Roger touched the opponent's finger, he suddenly felt an inexplicable crisis, and his body reacted subconsciously.

"Have we met?"

Ivy was keenly aware of Roger's abnormality, and asked aloud.

"I... I've heard your name before."

Roger explained, "One time he was drunk and pronounced the name by accident. I thought it was a pet or something."

He pretended to be embarrassed, "After all, he looks sloppy, it's hard to imagine having a girlfriend as beautiful as you."

"That was a long time ago."

Ivy explained casually.

"I have many things to ask about Kant's death."

"We used to love each other. Although we broke up because of some ideological issues, I always regard him as a friend in my heart."

"He has a withdrawn personality and is not popular, but no matter what, he will never commit murder!"

Having said that, she glanced at Andrine.

"I will reopen the case and thoroughly investigate the cause of his death and the murder that rested on him."

"I know that in many places, in order to solve some cold cases, they will assign charges to some innocent people."

Ivy said nonchalantly.

Andrine's face sank suddenly, "Ms. Ivy, I hope you can pay attention to your words, you are slandering the justice of our Bay Town Police Department!"

"Whether it is fair or not is not up to you."

Ivy stood up suddenly, "Get the information ready, I will send a lawyer to re-intervene in the investigation."

She walked to the door, stopped suddenly, and looked back at Roger, "Did Kant say anything before he died, or gave you something?"

"No."

Roger shook his head curtly.

"Very good. I will be back again."

After speaking, she turned and left.

"What a difficult woman!"

Andrine looked unhappy.

Roger didn't say anything, he can now be sure that the purpose of this Ivy coming here is to get back the transformation book.

Fortunately, this book has been completely transformed and absorbed by the hunter's hut. If it is on the body, maybe the other party really has a way to check it out.

Watching Ivy leave, instead of feeling relaxed, Roger felt even heavier. He knew that if the other party didn't get the book, he would never leave.

"Do you want to find a chance to take out that book?"

This idea just popped up in my mind, but it was immediately dismissed by Roger.

Not to mention whether the books absorbed by the hunter's hut can be displayed again. According to the records in Kant's diary, this woman is definitely not a good thing. Once the book falls into her hands, I don't know what disaster will happen.

Temporarily muddling through, just be careful next time...

After leaving the police station, a trace of doubt flashed across Ivy's face, "It's strange, that boy did not have any traces of the transformation book."

"Did Kant destroy that book?"

"No!"

Ivy shook her head, "No one can resist the mysterious attraction."

"Nobody!"

She turned her gaze to the side, and a thought suddenly popped up in her mind.

Open the door and drive to the other end of town.

The car gradually left the bustling area of Bay Town and came to a mansion on the edge of the town.

Ivy put on a black-rimmed women's lace hat, opened the car door, and walked to the doorbell in front of the yard.

She pressed the doorbell, and soon a young voice came from inside, "Whom are you looking for?"

"Sherman."

Ivy said softly.

"What!?"

The young voice was taken aback suddenly, "Where did you come from, get out of here!"

There was uncontrollable irritability in the voice.

"Wait a minute."

"Another voice came."

"Bob, you go upstairs and rest."

Then the closed iron door opened, and Ivy stepped into it.

The yard looks old. There is a huge fountain facing the door, and the lawn and flower beds are neatly trimmed on both sides. Ivy glanced casually, and then saw a middle-aged man appearing at the door of the main hall.

"Guest from afar, the Holy Spirit is with you." The fingers of the middle man overlapped to form a perfect triangle.

"What should I call you?"

"Call me Ivy!"

"I'm Sherman, chairman of the Bay Town Chamber of Commerce."

"Can I help you with anything?"

Sherman asked softly.

"Are you going to turn a lady away?"

"Feel sorry!"

Sherman smiled and stepped aside to open the door behind him.

17