Chapter 35. Attacked
373 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Manor.

Sherman sat in the study, quietly looking at the newspaper on the table.

Just then, a red-faced man knocked on the door and walked in.

"Sir, the identity has been confirmed. It is Mal. He was bitten to death by a wild beast."

"The woman from Mal's family is making a noise in front of the police station. She said it must be the woods you sent him to..."

Sherman frowned, "Give her some money and send her away."

Although this woman put on a face of being greedy for money after her man died, she actually told the truth of the matter by mistake.

"You asked him to follow that boy. If he doesn't work hard, what is he doing in the mountains?"

The red-faced man muttered.

Sherman shook his head, "Although Mal is greedy for money, he is serious about his work. Since he went to the woods, it can only mean one thing."

Sherman raised his head, "He followed that boy."

"Keep an eye on him! Don't do anything in the town. There have been enough things recently, and there is no need to cause trouble."

"But if he goes into the woods again."

Sherman gave the red-faced man a look.

"You should know what to do."

"I understand sir."

The red-faced man replied.

"Keep your hands and feet clean, don't leave any traces, and feed him to the wolves after asking."

"Understand?"

As he spoke, he took out a brown glass bottle from his pocket, "Apply it on your body, and they won't attack you."

The red-faced man took the glass bottle, turned and left.

Sherman walked to the window and looked at the young man in the yard, "Two of them have already died, and if you add this young man, there will only be one left and you're done."

…………

Looking at the neatly placed glass bottles in front of him, Roger showed a satisfied smile on his face.

"Concentration potions, these made from psychic water should be enough for a long time."

He opened a hidden compartment under the floor and put some of the potions into it, and carried most of the rest with him, ready to put it back to his home in the town.

After finishing all this, he drank an exclusive potion, picked up the wooden stick, posed, and practiced again.

More than an hour later, Roger, who was sore and limp, collapsed on the bed, falling into extreme exhaustion both physically and mentally. After setting a time, he fell asleep in a daze.

When he woke up, his stomach was empty. He took out fast food from his backpack and stuffed some indiscriminately. Roger suddenly felt that there was a need for a kitchen in the hut.

He just returned to modern life, and he still feels that hamburger and fried chicken are extremely delicious, but he have eaten too much in the past few days, and he really miss the simple handmade food of that island!

Looking at the time, it should be around 2 o'clock in the afternoon. The herbs in his hand have been exhausted, but Roger still plans to go out to collect some.

After this configuration, he discovered a problem. One of the intermediate links in several formulas needs to use the same three kinds of herbal medicines.

It is some kind of substrate, he can collect it in advance, and then make some, which will save a lot of time in the process of configuration.

As soon as he thought of it, he emptied his backpack, opened the door and left the wooden house. Before leaving, he thought about it and hung the iron ax he bought on his waist.

This ax was much sharper than the one he had on the island. Although it looked a bit bruised, it was at least a weapon.

The afternoon sun is a bit scorching, but there is a cool breeze next to the cemetery. Regardless of the environment, this is really a good place to escape the heat.

He passed through the cemetery, and most of the tombstones inside were collapsed and incomplete. Judging from some vague writing on them, it was at least a hundred years old.

This time, he didn't choose to approach the road, and he swept over the entire area over there. Even if there were fish that slipped through the net, the number probably wouldn't be too many.

Changing direction, he went deeper.

The further south he went, the more lush the trees became, and there were almost no traces of human activities. This time he prepared a compass, as long as he didn't run around like a dead man, he shouldn't lose his way.

The whole afternoon, Roger stayed in the woods until he filled his backpack again. He raised his head, and the sun in the sky was setting to the west. It would not be long before it would be dark.

"There's not enough time."

Now he can't wait to spend 24 hours here. If the arrangement is proper, he should be able to exercise three times a day, and his progress rate will become extremely amazing.

Turning over a small mound, Roger subconsciously identified the direction, but at this moment, his heart tightened, and his body suddenly jumped forward, and he rolled on the ground, and then leaned against a small tree superior.

"Hey..."

He looked up, and in the dark bushes, a wild wolf with its fangs bared pounced on the place where he had just stood.

If he had reacted a little slower just now, he might have been thrown down by now.

Taking a deep breath, Roger didn't feel any panic in his heart. He slowly untied his backpack and reached for the iron ax hanging on his waist with his right hand.

Compared with the first time he encountered wild wolves a few days ago, his own strength has not improved much, but the corresponding fighting skills have qualitatively changed.

At least from a layman to a skilled person.

Many moves in general swordsmanship are not suitable for attacking, but the reason is the same. Roger raised his elbow slightly. This posture is not only convenient for him to defend, but also can quickly chop out the iron axe.

With previous fighting experience, he believes that as long as he seizes the opportunity this time, he can severely damage the beast on the opposite side with one blow!

"Bring it on!"

Roger let out a low growl, his eyes filled with murderous intent, "I'm short of the beast's heart to make potions."

After speaking, he did not passively defend, but took a step forward, pretending to launch an attack.

The beast on the opposite side seemed to understand Roger's provocation, leaned slightly, kicked its hind legs on the ground, and rushed over.

Roger had just turned over a mound before, so the beast was standing on the high point of the mound at this time. He was standing relatively low, and with the height difference, if he jumped at this time, Roger would have almost no resistance room for.

At the critical moment, instead of retreating, he moved forward, swung his left hand violently, and hung the untied backpack on his arm. With a loud shout, his physical strength exploded, and he ran into the wolf that was rushing over!

Puff!

The backpack was soft and could not cause any harm to the beast on the opposite side, but under Roger's full charge, relying on his weight advantage and speed, he still knocked the wild wolf on the opposite side into the air.

His body was only slightly stagnant, and in the next second, Roger decisively threw his backpack, his body accelerated again, and he held an ax in both hands, slashing forward!

The wild wolf turned up from the ground and slapped Roger's backpack away with its front paws, but the next moment, the sharp iron ax was in front of him.

The skull of the wild wolf is hard, and Roger did not choose the more deadly neck, but aimed at the part where the torso with the largest body area of ​​the beast connects to the hind legs.

Pooh!

Roger's current strength is astonishing. With the addition of skills, this ax accurately hits the target.

The skin was cut, the muscles were torn, and the sharp ax blade cut a big gash in the wolf's body, blood spattered, revealing the white leg bones underneath!

Ooow!

The wild wolf let out a scream and was chopped down by an axe. It got up from the ground, and turned around, and fled to the distance without even thinking about attacking Roger.

"Want to run?"

Roger gave a low cry, raised his ax, and chased after him!

17