Chapter 38: Such a Brazen Person
338 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Simpson's mother remarried many years ago, and he lives with his father, a dull-faced middle-aged man.

He looked tired and hardly talked to anyone.

"Please rest in peace."

Amanda and Roger sent flowers one after the other.

"Wait a minute."

Simpson's father suddenly said, he looked at Roger standing behind, "Did you choose to attract the attention of the beast, so that you created a chance for others to escape?"

Roger nodded.

A trace of warmth flashed across the dull face of the middle-aged man, "Thank you, although he still didn't survive in the end."

"But you tried."

Roger didn't know what to say for a while, so he could only nod his head and return a comforting smile.

"Look around. If Simpson was alive, he would want you to come to his house."

After going through a simple process, Amanda and Roger looked around. Although the house of Simpson's family was dilapidated on the outside, the interior decoration was acceptable, and many places retained a clear sense of age.

On the wall next to the stairs, there are some old photos that can be traced back to the beginning of the Simpson family.

"This man is Sherman."

Amanda pointed to the middle-aged man in a group photo on the wall and said to Roger.

The Sherman in the photo is very impressive. He is wearing a neat suit and has a serious expression. His gaze seems to be able to penetrate the photo. In the photo, Roger also found the figure of Andrine.

"Mother?"

Amanda let out a sigh, and in the photo, she found her mother's figure.

"When was this picture taken? I never heard my mother mention that she and Sherman still have friendship."

"Maybe it's a normal relationship at work."

Roger explained, then pointed to a red figure on the photo and asked, "Who is this woman?"

Amanda frowned, "It should be Ms. Huda, she is the mayor of Bay Town, but she has gotten older in recent years, and you rarely see her in public."

"Let's go, there are no clues here, let's go to Simpson's room."

After looking around, Amanda whispered to Roger.

Simpson had no friends during his lifetime, and Amanda and others were almost his only friends.

His room was crowded but not messy, and there were neat books everywhere. Amanda handed Roger a color, and the latter came to the door and looked around, while she quickly scanned the room.

The guests were all gathered in the lobby on the first floor, and no one noticed the little movements of the two of them. Amanda searched for a while, but couldn't find any clues.

"There's nothing here."

She said with some disappointment.

"I'll look for it."

Roger walked into the room.

"At this time, if the hunter's perception can be turned on, it will be very convenient to find clues."

An eagerness rose in his heart, and Roger wished he could become a real witcher now, but this super perception ability was mainly brought about by the extreme enhancement of various senses.

If he practiced step by step, even if he didn't become a demon hunter, his super perception could help him find many clues that were not obvious.

After preparing the psychic water, Roger has already started to use it, but due to the short time, there is no obvious effect.

"Somebody is coming."

At this moment, Amanda's slightly nervous voice came from the door.

Roger returned the book in his hand to its original position, then quickly adjusted his expression, he turned around, and the figure had already appeared at the door.

"It's you."

A gentle voice came, and Sherman said with a smile.

"Mr. Sherman."

Amanda said hello, Sherman nodded, and then his eyes fell on Roger.

He stepped forward and stretched out his hand, "I am Bob's father. I haven't thanked you in person for what happened that day. If it weren't for your bravery, Bob might not have the chance to come back alive."

After a moment of hesitation, Roger lightly rested on the tip of Sheldon's finger.

"This is nothing."

He continued to reply formulaically.

"No, young man, you are excellent."

Sherman shook his arm slightly, then withdrew his right hand.

"Are you free this weekend?"

"I hope to have the opportunity to thank you in person. How about Saturday morning? I'll send someone to pick you up."

"You and Bob are young people, and you may have a lot to talk about."

Sherman took the initiative to extend the invitation, and unconsciously his tone became a little tougher. If it was an ordinary young man, he might be afraid of saving face, so he half-pushed and half-heartedly agreed.

But Roger clearly wasn't.

"No sir. I hate socializing."

"If you really want to thank me." Roger's eyes lingered on the family crest on Sherman's collar and the watch on his hand.

"Maybe you can be generously rewarded with a sum of money."

Roger said without changing his expression.

Amanda's jaw dropped when she heard that, it's fine if you don't go if you are invited, but she even dared to ask for money!?

It was the first time she discovered a brazen guy like Roger. In the eyes of the red-haired girl, Roger's original image collapsed, leaving only a face asking for money.

Sherman obviously didn't expect to be rejected in person, his cheeks twitched, but he quickly returned to normal.

"Ha ha."

"What a jovial lad."

"Young people always feel that pocket money is not enough."

"But I like your frankness, don't worry, I will send someone to send you a check later."

Sherman nodded, "I still have something to do, let's talk another day." After speaking, he turned and left.

As soon as he left, Roger felt a real gaze on him, turned his head, and the red-haired girl was staring at him fiercely, "You are too rude, Roger."

"How could you..."

"Why not?" Roger said indifferently, "I saved Bob, and that is his only son. It is quite reasonable for him to reward me with a sum of money."

Amanda was left speechless.

"Anyway, I think it's very bad."

Because of Mal's incident and the GM parked on the side of the road at night, now Roger is almost sure that Sherman and Ivy must be related.

When it comes to mysterious events, he dares not casually agree to the other party's invitation. Before he has absolute strength, collecting clues and developing insignificantly is the kingly way.

If Sherman and Ivy are involved, then he must belong to the organization of the Three Holy Spirits. Reminiscent of the symbol he saw in the flames on the day Amanda and others performed the ceremony, Roger can be sure that the attack The incident must be inseparable from the Three Holy Spirits.

But on the day of the incident, Bob was also at the scene. No matter how crazy he is, there is no need to put his son in danger, right?

Roger thought silently in his heart.

He felt that he had caught some clues, but he lacked key evidence.

Are there other members of the Three Holy Spirits besides Ivy and Sherman in Bay Town?

15