Chapter 48. Visit
308 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's his own fault!"

Amanda said in a low voice.

"At least he's alive! And I... can only watch Simpson die by the side of the road!"

Amanda's eye circles were slightly red, and she glared at Nick.

"It's passed."

Roger patted Amanda on the shoulder and comforted softly.

"Past?"

Nick sneered, "Do you know what Bob goes through every night?"

"I used to get calls from him in the middle of the night and he told me he'd seen Simpson's ghost around him crying over and over again."

Nick clenched his fists.

"I never thought that Bob would be so vulnerable one day!"

"Boom!"

He leaned forward and slammed his hands on the table.

"It shouldn't be him who bears this, but you!"

"If you and that Betty hadn't gone in the wrong direction, Simpson wouldn't have died, and Bob didn't have to bear the pain!"

Nick's expression became extremely fierce, and his mood fluctuated very violently, which seemed to have exceeded the scope of normal anger.

"You, like your mother whore, can only do wrong things! If it wasn't because your mother caught the wrong person, my father wouldn't go to jail, and my mother wouldn't leave us!"

"It's all because of you, it's all because of you!"

The more he talked, the more angry Nick stood up suddenly, and slapped Amanda on the cheek with his hand.

Amanda obviously didn't expect Nick to do something to a girl like her, she was a little dazed for a while, seeing Nick's palm was about to slap Amanda's cheek.

Snapped!

A not-so-strong hand reached out and firmly grasped Nick's wrist.

"Enough is enough."

Roger stood up, staring into Nick's eyes and said.

"Let go!"

Nick roared angrily, but he didn't break free from Roger's palm with his right hand.

His face was flushed, and he seemed to hear a faint smile from around him.

In terms of appearance, he was more than a circle older than Roger, and he was also a star figure in the school. Hearing the surrounding voices, his calm brain was completely wrapped in anger!

"Go away!"

Nick let out a low growl, clenched his left fist and smashed Roger's face!

Puff!

Nick's attack came to an abrupt end.

He's fast, but Roger is faster.

Roger stretched out his right hand, pushed his arm forward and slapped Nick hard on the face.

Nosebleeds splattered, snot and tears mixed with blood, Nick could only feel venus flying around in front of his eyes, his body fell back, and he fell down uncontrollably!

"God!"

The crowd of onlookers let out an exclamation, and they looked at Roger with vague horror.

Roger looked at Nick who had fallen to the ground, without any emotion on his face. He was even in the mood to pick up the napkin on the table and wipe the blood on his palm.

What he didn't know was that his cold attitude left an indelible impression on the hearts of other students.

They have seen too many fierce and arrogant school bullies, but none of them is as calm and relaxed as Roger.

Even with a little carelessness.

"You……"

Roger's hand was too fast, and Amanda didn't even have time to stop him. He didn't feel much about many things, but a young man who dared to fight adult wolves, his physical strength and mentality were definitely far beyond the imagination of normal people!

"What happened?!"

The teacher from the school came late, Roger shook his head helplessly, he knew that he was having fun beating someone for a while, but his head hurt afterward...

Not long after, Andrine, who had only left in the morning, came to the school again. This time, she talked with the school's female headmistress for a longer time.

Roger even vaguely heard their quarrel.

"Boom!"

After a long time, Andrine left the principal's office angrily.

"Roger, let's go home!"

"Uh... resolved it in advance?" Roger asked with an embarrassed expression.

"All the students saw what happened. Nick took the initiative to provoke first, and he was the one who hit first. You are just defending normally!"

Andrine's voice was loud, as if she wanted to be heard by the headmistress in the office.

"No, I'll go to the mayor and follow the normal legal procedures!"

"Squeak!"

The door opened, and the figure of the headmistress appeared at the door, "Andrine, calm down."

"Calm down?"

"My child is being bullied at school, how do you tell me to calm down?!"

"I hope you can understand Nick..." The headmistress sighed, "He lost his mother, and now his father..."

"If he is punished again, it will affect his university application next year."

Hearing this, Andrine's face softened, "Other conditions are up to you, but Nick must publicly apologize."

"This is my bottom line!"

After a moment of hesitation, the headmistress nodded, "Okay, let's stop here."

Andrine didn't say anything more, turned around and took Roger away.

It was only on the way out that Roger realized that Nick was actually the nephew of the headmistress. No wonder she cared so much about it.

"You did a great job!"

To Roger's surprise, Andrine actually expressed support for what he was doing.

"A bad boy like Nick deserves a good beating!"

Andrine was so angry that she didn't calm down until she came to the streets near her residence.

There was a tinge of warmth in Roger's heart, and for a moment, he even felt that if there was no extraordinary power in this world, it would be an extremely happy thing to live in such a peaceful way.

But not long after dinner, an unexpected guest broke the calm again.

"Ms. Andrine, I'm from the Wildlife Survey."

A middle-aged man with half-white beard and hair handed his ID to Andrine.

He is tall and looks extremely tough, with meticulous hair and beard, and a decent suit on his body.

The appearance and temperament are impeccable.

I believe that when he was young, he should be a handsome man.

"Mr. Henrik, please come in."

Andrine brought the middle-aged man into the living room.

"Please sit down, what can I do?"

Henrik put the briefcase on the corner of the table, "It's about the beast attack not long ago..."

Hearing that it was related to the attack of wild beasts, Roger quietly stood at the corner of the kitchen, eavesdropping on the conversation in the living room.

He had sharp eyesight, and soon discovered something unusual about this man named Henrik.

This man's hands are very well maintained, not at all like what he should have at his age.

The atmosphere in the living room was very harmonious, the two asked and answered, those who didn't know thought they were old friends for many years.

At this moment, Roger noticed that Henrik took out a pocket watch from his pocket. It had a silver dial and looked old.

Henrik glanced at the time and put the pocket watch on the table casually, "It's getting late, so I won't disturb your rest. I have one last question."

"Please say."

Andrine lowered her head and took a sip of the black tea.

At this moment, Roger saw a dim light suddenly glowing on the pocket watch that Henrik put on the table.

Immediately afterwards, a face suddenly emerged from the dial and stayed in midair!

It was a pale man's face!

14