Chapter 55. Return to the Hut
328 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The case was solved so quickly? It's only been a day!"

People in the town talked about it.

"It at least shows that our taxes are being spent in the right place. Those guys in the police department are still good."

Hearing the discussion around him, Roger was a little dazed. He and Henrik had fought against the murderer, but with Henrik's fighting power, they couldn't keep the other party. Ordinary policemen caught it?

Could it be that Andrine's immediate boss couldn't bear the pressure and just found someone to take the blame?

This situation is not impossible. After all, Sherman has a special status, and the factory he manages is the pillar industry of the town. In order to calm the restlessness, it is also necessary to temporarily stabilize the emotions of the residents.

"This matter really has nothing to do with those guys in the police station."

Someone said.

"I heard it was Sherman's son, Bob, who gave the lead to the police."

"Sherman has been living in the town and rarely goes out, and meet very few strangers recently, but according to Bob, his father once met a strange woman 10 days ago."

"It's an outsider, it should be called..."

"Ivy."

"It is said that this woman is Kant's ex-girlfriend, and she came here to investigate Kant's incident."

"The police have gone to Ivy's temporary residence in the town last night. There are rumors that the person has been arrested and is now being interrogated in secret."

"Marvelous!"

Everyone in the restaurant applauded.

"Sherman is a good guy. He is not as stingy as other capitalists, and he is considerate of his workers. The factory stopped operating in the past few days when he had an accident."

Someone sighed.

"We don't know what will happen to our future life?"

As soon as these words came out, the originally upbeat atmosphere suddenly became a little depressed. The conversation after dinner is not as important as one's own life.

"Roger..."

Amanda's voice came from next to my ear, "Do you really think the murderer has been caught?"

The red-haired girl's eyes fell on Roger's face.

Roger lowered his head and took a sip of his coffee, "Why do you ask that? Everyone has been caught, and the case should be solved soon."

"Don't you trust your mother?"

He asked a question.

"That was not what I meant……"

"It just feels that the nearest town is not peaceful at all, and even makes me feel a little strange."

Amanda was feeling a little down.

"Don't think too much, it's all over."

Roger comforted.

Standing up to pay, and pushing the door to leave, the red-haired girl suddenly said from behind Roger, "Why do I feel that you don't take it seriously? Just now when people mentioned that the murderer caught you, you seem to..."

"It's unbelievable."

"Hehe." Roger laughed dryly.

Girl, you are so observant, it's a shame that you don't become a policeman.

"It's normal to be a little surprised to catch the murderer in one day."

Roger explained.

"No, I always feel that you are hiding something from me. Be honest, do you know something?"

There was a lot of noise along the way, and it was hard to dispel Amanda's doubts. After arriving at the school, Bob naturally still didn't show up, but the school kept talking about it.

Considering that Ivy might be the monster that night, Roger was a little worried about Andrine, so he took a few calls to Andrine, but no one answered.

During the class break, Henrik sent a text message, telling Roger that he had left Bay Town in advance, and the two made an appointment to go to the nearby Marsh Town together on the weekend vacation.

Ivy was arrested, and Henrik was not in town, so he had no worries, and Roger could finally go to the hunter's hut at night to take a look.

After the incident at Sherman Manor, Roger desperately wanted to improve his strength. He should at least improve his general swordsmanship to level 2, so as to raise his physical fitness to a higher level.

In addition, he had to find a reason to get Andrine to agree to go to Marsh Town on the weekend.

This weekend just happened to catch up with the town's traditional festival, the Murloc Festival, which is a unique local culture that is said to have been passed down for nearly a hundred years.

In the beginning, it was the fishermen on the seashore to sacrifice and pray for safety, but as time went on, it gradually turned into a large-scale celebration and excursion.

Both the town government and local wealthy businessmen will contribute funds and hire teams from other places to come here for cyclical performances.

Coupled with the weekend and celebrations, all the schools in the town gave all teachers and students a long holiday.

In Bay Town, this is a grander festival than Christmas. Tours and activities last for nearly ten days, but it seems that only the first few days have the most participants and the most exciting performances.

If there were no accidents, after completing this mission with Henrik, during the vacation period, Roger planned to stay in his hut. This time, he didn't even plan to leave there if he didn't improve his strength to the end.

As the days flew by, Roger was still trying to catch up on his courses.

Especially in several courses related to chemical experiments, the standardized operation and process made Roger improve a lot.

In the evening, Andrine called back, and she told Roger that she and Greg had a mission to go out tonight, and asked them to go to Little Jack's aunt's house for dinner by themselves.

There was a lot of noise on the phone, and the intercom kept ringing. It seemed that they had already set off.

Andrine was worried that Amanda would take this opportunity to sneak out, so she specifically asked Roger to keep an eye on the red-haired girl.

But after the Simpson incident, Amanda's personality changed a lot. It was late when they returned from Jack's aunt's house, so they went back to their respective houses.

After meditating as usual and using psychic water for several days, Roger has already felt some inner changes. It seems that even his vision has become sharper, and he can see the surrounding scenery clearly in a slightly dark environment.

As night fell, it was confirmed that Amanda and Jack were fast asleep, Roger locked the door, and went out the window quietly.

It didn't take long to come to his hut.

"You haven't been here recently."

A cold voice came, and Anna's figure appeared from the mist. I don't know if it was an illusion, but Roger always felt that Anna's body seemed to become more solid.

"There are too many things recently, and there is some delay."

"Can you come and chat with me when you're free?"

"I can't leave here, it's too boring to be alone."

"I try my best."

Roger dare not promise easily.

He once checked the historical materials of Bay Town in the school library, but strangely, Roger did not find any information related to the Anna family in the documents.

This made him a little wary.

And the surrounding barren hills, even a long time ago, did not seem like a suitable place to live.

He checked the place where the corpse was buried, and everything was normal, and the corpse had not been dug out by wild animals.

After chatting with Anna for a few words, Roger walked into the hut, closed the door, drank the pain potion, and started self-abuse training.

15