Chapter 61. Generous Henrik
295 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room was empty, and even after repeated cleaning, blood stains could still be seen on the ground.

squeak~

The wooden door slammed softly.

Roger walked into the room cautiously, he glanced around vigilantly, but found nothing. He gently shook his head.

"It's not here."

Henrik glanced at the time, "It's still early, let's continue to wait."

Dragging two rickety chairs from another room, Roger and Henrik sat facing each other. In the dim room, only each other's breathing could be heard.

"Will that thing sense the danger and stop coming out?"

Roger broke the silence.

"Evil spirits basically only act according to instinct. They don't have the thinking ability of living people. If it's like what you said, then they are not evil spirits, but demon spirits."

"And it's a very high-level demon spirit."

Hearing this, Roger's heart moved, and he suddenly thought of his beautiful neighbor, "Is there no exception?"

"What special case?"

"It's a ghost that still has complete thinking ability at a lower level."

Henrik frowned and thought about it, then replied: "No."

"Not as far as I know."

"If you really want to know about it, you need to find a psychic or an exorcist who really has a legacy."

"The exorcist?"

Henrik nodded, "Unlike us, the exorcists' fighting ability is not too strong, but they are powerful against spirits and demon spirits. They have dealt with ghosts all the year round, and they may know some unknown things."

Roger kept it in mind and didn't ask any more questions.

With no more topics to talk about, the room became silent again.

Time passed by every minute and every second, and soon it was midnight.

Boom!

Suddenly there was a sound in the corridor on the third floor, and Roger was shocked, but before he stood up, Henrik said calmly, "Don't move, don't go anywhere."

"We're right here waiting for it."

He looked at Roger, "In battle, you have to try to take the initiative, the environment, the terrain, all aspects."

After a while, a fat mouse ran across the corridor, and it seemed that it was responsible for the sound just now.

After maintaining tension for a long time, Roger soon felt a little tired, but he knew that the long night had just begun, so he stabilized his impetuous spirit, slowed down his breathing, and exhaled according to a specific rhythm.

In this way, Henrik and Roger sat face to face all night.

Henrik didn't stand up until a fish-belly white rose from the sky and the first ray of morning light entered the room, "It's a bit abnormal."

He paced back and forth.

"This is not an ordinary evil spirit, maybe someone is manipulating it behind the scenes."

"Continue tonight?" Roger asked.

Henrik shook his head, "That's too passive, we have to take the initiative, let's find out the identity of the evil spirit first."

"Five people died here at the beginning, it should be one of them."

Roger suddenly thought of a possibility, "Could it be Hunnam's wife, Edith?"

Henrik thought for a while, "Edith died much earlier than the other five people, this possibility..."

"Could it be that Edith is actually dead, and that Hannam wanted to revive her through an occult ritual, but an accident occurred during the process, turning her soul into an evil spirit?"

Roger came up with a hypothesis.

"This can explain why everyone died, but only Hunnam survived."

"Interesting hypothesis..."

Henrik stopped turning.

"Let's go to the Marsh Town Police Station, where we have the information we want."

The torrential rain had stopped, the sky cleared up, and the road surface was washed clean. Henrik increased his speed and returned to the town in just over an hour.

After finishing breakfast, Roger took the time to call Thomas, but it took a long time before the other end of the phone was connected.

"It's wonderful, Roger, from today on, you're my friend forever!"

On the other end of the phone, Roger couldn't accept Thomas' flattery for a while, "What happened?" Thinking of the torrential rain last night, Roger continued to ask.

"How was your last night?"

"Unprecedented wonderful!"

"It's unbelievable..." Through the phone, Roger could even imagine Thomas' face.

After chatting for a while, Roger keenly heard a snort from the other end of the phone, followed by Thomas' voice, "My God, the time is almost up!"

Thomas said in a hurry, "I won't talk to you first, I have to hurry up."

"Should be able to do it again!"

After speaking, the phone was hung up.

Roger looked at the phone in a daze, but at this moment, Henrik's uncontrollable laughter came from beside him.

"Did you do something?"

Roger had a bad premonition in his heart.

"It's nothing."

Henrik smiled, "I just called a call girl for your friend before leaving yesterday."

He whistled happily, "He should have had a good time last night~"

"Wtf!"

Roger couldn't help but swear, is there such an operation? But then he thought of something.

"You didn't just call and didn't pay, did you?"

Thomas has nothing in his sleeves, and the money he carries is probably only enough to buy hamburgers and Coke.

Roger couldn't even imagine what a miserable end Thomas would end up with if he didn't have the money to pay for the meat.

You must know that these girls are all under the cover of gangsters, do you want to spend money?

Hehe.

When money was mentioned, the corners of Henrik's eyes twitched imperceptibly.

"How can it be?"

"I already paid with my phone bill."

He hits the gas pedal.

"Of course, this money is deducted from your remuneration!"

Henrik said viciously.

At the same time, a girl with a graceful figure fled away from the wooden house by the lake. Behind her was Thomas with thick dark circles and a look of resentment.

"It's all Roger's fault. If it wasn't for that phone call, the timing should be just right."

"Hey...it's a pity."

"What's going on recently?" The girl muttered softly.

"Why do you always meet weird people?"

"But fortunately, this guest was so generous that he paid double the reward."

Suddenly remembering the guy who jumped out of the window and escaped not long ago, the woman felt her teeth itch with hatred for a moment.

She cursed secretly, and for the first time felt that what she was doing was physical labor.

Henrik took out a large stack of documents from the police station, and Roger was not surprised by this scene.

Because he has seen at least 30 documents on Henrik!

Everything from federal agents to wildlife societies, and according to Henrik, they're all genuine.

This should be a privilege too.

"This is the information of all the deceased."

"See if you can find some clues."

"We are not professional psychics, and many methods cannot be used."

"Only by confirming the identity of the evil spirit can we prescribe the right medicine."

12