Chapter 65. News from the Madhouse
240 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Didn't you find any abnormalities when you asked him?"

From the very beginning, Henrik opened his pocket watch in the shadows at every inquiry.

Henrik shook his head, "That guy is telling the truth. I really didn't expect him to hide it so deeply. I didn't ask too many other questions."

Roger frowned and pondered for a while, and connected all the information in his hands together, "It seems that the abnormality on Hunnam's body is definitely related to this guy named Gilmore."

"If Hannum has been preparing for this mysterious ceremony for so many years, he should have practiced it many times, and the possibility of backlash is very low, unless someone interferes and disrupts his plan."

"And compared with Hunnam, Gilmore is considered physically strong. If he is not prepared, he will definitely not be Gilmore's opponent."

Roger analyzed.

"In all likelihood, he's got all of Hunnam's results."

"That evil spirit in the manor!"

Henrik nodded, "That makes sense."

"This can also explain that after learning about the tragedy at the manor, he would still take other people there to spend the night."

"I think his purpose is not to seek excitement at all, he is to send rations to the evil spirits!"

"This guy is feeding his evil spirit with the flesh and soul of a living person. In this way, the power of the evil spirit can be rapidly strengthened in a short period of time."

"If you master some kind of secret technique, you can even carry evil spirits on your body!"

"What I don't know now is whether this guy happened at the right time, or whether he has been secretly observing Hannum for a long time."

"If it's the latter, then he should also be a member of the extraordinary world, and maybe he has other abilities in his hands."

Henrik glanced at Roger, "Sometimes don't trust your own power too much. There are all kinds of strange abilities in the extraordinary world. If you don't pay attention to it, an inconspicuous little ability may cost you a heavy price."

Henrik pushed his speed to the limit, and instead of following the address provided in the information, he quickly came to the place where Gilmore and others were found.

People go to empty houses.

With a low curse, Henrik drove to the town and found the address on the information.

At this time, it was almost evening, and the sun could not be seen in the gloomy sky for a long time. Henrik took out his pocket watch and asked Roger to put it next to him.

"Be careful, wait for my signal!"

He quickly jumped into the bushes next to him, and after a few jumps, he climbed over the low wall to the backyard.

Although guns have been used all the time, Henrik's strength and agility are far beyond normal people. The two set a secret signal, Henrik is in charge of searching, and Roger is in charge of responding outside.

As time passed, Roger hid in the bushes with his short knife clenched tightly. Suddenly, a figure jumped down from the second floor of the house.

"Come out, he's not here."

Henrik jumped from the second floor.

"The house has been empty for a long time. There has been no sign of human habitation in recent months."

"There's no need to waste time here, let's ask someone else."

After driving to a bar near the town center, Henrik finally got the new address of Gilmore and others after teaching several waves of hooligans.

But when the two rushed to the new address, they saw only a few other people.

"Where's your boss?"

Henrik asked coldly.

"You mean Del?" A big black man answered with squinted eyes.

"That guy is dead!" said someone next to him.

"Now Gilmour is our new boss."

"But where did he go?"

Several people were already drunk and unconscious.

At this time, Roger walked in from the door with a phone in hand, "I discovered a new situation."

Henrik and Roger went outside.

"Look."

Roger handed Henrik some information, "I checked the changes in the manor over a year after Gilmour worked for Hunnam."

"About three months ago, the manor replaced the first servant. Since then, every once in a while, the manor has replaced a person. Until recently, the manor has completed a major cleaning."

"Except for the Hunnams and Gilmour, all newcomers."

"Is there any information on these departing people?"

Henrik frowned.

"I already called."

Roger sighed.

"Unfortunately, they are all dead!"

"Died?"

"5 people?!"

Roger nodded.

"Five people died, and no one noticed the abnormality?"

Henrik's face was a little ugly.

"I just asked briefly, but found a common thread. The deaths of these five people were all accidents. Although it seems unbelievable, they all appeared in the wrong place at the wrong time..."

"Then, they just died, and there is no trace of man-made. It seems that their life is simply bad."

Henrik thought for a moment and added, "It's like being cursed."

"Wait a minute I need to make a call."

As if thinking of something, Henrik turned around and walked to a distance, and made a call. Not long after, when he came back, his doubts were not resolved, but seemed to be heavier.

"One more thing, I don't know if it has anything to do with that Gilmore."

Roger added.

He handed Henrik a medical report.

"In the third month after that Gilman became Edith's equestrian instructor, Edith became pregnant..."

"You suspect..." Henrik glanced at Roger.

"Although he doesn't have any heirs, according to previous information, Hannum is capable of impregnating women."

"Of course, he is indeed a bit older now, but it is not impossible."

Henrik whistled, "You suspect that this riding instructor is riding the wrong horse?"

The corners of Roger's eyes twitched. Please, when talking about this issue, can you not show a look of yearning, wishing to replace it.

However, his expression quickly became serious. "Now all the clues are gathered on this guy named Gilmore. As long as he is found, we can unlock the secrets of Hannam Manor, find out the truth and deal with the evil spirits."

"Any other clues?"

Roger shook his head.

"I didn't notice Gilmore before, but now I have combed through the information and found that this guy hides very deeply, and many key people and evidence have disappeared."

A ray of sunlight peeked through the gloomy clouds, but unfortunately, this was the last ray of light in the setting sun.

"Let's go, go to Hunnam Manor, and keep watch overnight to see if we can find some clues."

At this moment, there was a light ring from the cell phone in Henrik's pocket, doubts flashed across his face, and he connected the call.

"Mr. Henrik, something happened here, I think it is necessary for you to come over."

"Hannam...he spoke."

......

If you wanna read 35+ advanced chapters, check out my Patreon page...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

11