Chapter 70. Tracking
224 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rooney was sitting at the desk, fiddling with something with dull eyes. Because of the angle, Roger couldn't see what Rooney was holding, but the expression on his face was very weird.

There is a bit of...obsession in the dullness.

Boom boom boom!

Roger knocked on the door casually.

The crisp voice seemed harsh in the empty hospital, but Rooney didn't seem to hear it at all. He lowered his head and immersed himself in his own world.

"What happened?"

Henrik stopped and asked in a low voice.

Roger casually pointed, and the burning on his chest became more obvious. According to past experience, what Rooney was holding in his hand must be some kind of mysterious item.

Boom!

Henrik exerted his body violently, and the door opened in response to the sound. The frightened Rooney raised his head at this moment, and Roger saw the objects he was fiddling with.

A straw doll with two white button eyes adorning a rough face.

For some reason, seeing this ordinary doll, Roger couldn't help but feel chills in his heart.

"It's a voodoo doll!"

Henrik took a step forward and snatched the straw doll from Rooney's hand. He checked it up and down several times, and there was a hint of sharpness in his eyes.

"You still say it doesn't matter?!"

Henrik suppressed his anger, "Where did this thing come from?!"

"What? Oh... you mean this doll?" Rooney was a little dazed, shaking his drowsy head.

"It's a courier."

He flipped over the label on the box, "It's strange, it should be a document and a video, how did it become a straw doll?"

"What is this?"

Roger asked in a low voice, he has heard of voodoo dolls, and they seem to be used for curses and the like.

"Go wash your face and take a good rest." Henrik said to Rooney, who nodded dully and left the room.

"Let's go!"

Henrik took the doll and led Roger to the elevator quickly.

"This is a kind of voodoo, and it is considered a core witchcraft. According to the material that makes up the doll, such as straw, puppet, pottery, bone, etc., the effect of the doll is also different."

"Like the one in front of you."

Henrik reached out and pulled out a strand of hair from the straw on the doll's head, "Buried the subject's hair into the doll's head in advance, and then activated it with mysterious power through a ritual."

"When the subject gets this doll, he will be involuntarily attracted to it, his mind will be disturbed, and he will do some terrible things without consciousness."

"Like...killing someone!"

"Gillmore!"

Roger said in a low voice.

Henrik nodded, "It seems that Hunnam should know that he has been exposed, so he will act immediately."

"No! No!"

Henrik frowned, as if thinking of something.

"The ritual needs to prepare a lot of things, and it also needs a specific casting time. It can't be so fast."

"This guy has obviously been preparing for a long time, and it was only because of our appearance that this plan was advanced!"

"What a thoughtful, cunning and insidious guy In the tragedy of the manor, he left behind a scapegoat so that he could escape successfully, and at the same time attracted the attention of the police and public opinion."

"After getting rid of the suspicion, he didn't immediately start killing and growing the evil spirits, but waited patiently, waiting for the matter to gradually subside, and then finished it according to the plan."

Henrik analyzed.

Roger suddenly thought of a question, "You just said that the evil spirit that Hunnam has mastered can leave the place of birth."

"Could it be that at the beginning, when the ceremony was just completed, this newborn evil spirit didn't have such abilities, but after he led people to the manor last time."

"Through killing, this evil spirit grows stronger, and then has the ability to leave the manor!"

Hearing Roger's words, Henrik was taken aback for a moment, and then his face changed drastically.

"Not good!"

"This guy is going to escape!"

The elevator door opened, and Henrik quickly ran to the car.

"Your analysis makes sense. If the evil spirit could have escaped from the manor from the very beginning, then there is no need for Hannam to stay here for such a long time, and put the place where the first killing took place at the manor!"

"He has already washed away the suspense and gradually downplayed the tragedy in the manor. If he continues to kill, it will only arouse suspicion."

"In other words, he had a reason to do this. At that time, the evil spirits couldn't leave the manor. He had to take people there, nourish the evil spirits with everyone's fear, and then grow them through killing!"

Start the car, "Now his evil spirit can leave the manor, and he has started the final finishing work, as long as Gilmore is dead."

"All leads will be completely cut off. Even if the guild sends people to investigate, nothing will be found!"

"This guy!!"

Henrik let out a low growl.

From the beginning of the investigation, he was led by the nose, and it was only now that he sorted out the clues and came to his senses.

"What should we do now?"

After thinking through the cause and effect, Roger also knew that if Hunnam was not found as soon as possible and let him leave Marsh Town, then the world would really be impossible to find.

"The original package was dropped by someone. This guy must have done it. He shouldn't have gone far. Maybe there's still time."

It was completely dark outside, Henrik took a deep breath, he calmed down quickly, and parked the car in a wasteland not far away.

"Can you drive?" Henrik asked.

Roger hesitated for a moment, then nodded, "Yes, but there is no certificate."

Roger was also an old driver in his previous life.

"Then drive!"

"I need do a simple ceremony."

Henrik said in a deep voice.

"It's really dangerous. If we don't come here tonight, Gilmour will be killed by Rooney tomorrow morning, and all clues will be completely cut off."

"Although we don't know where Hannam is hiding now, fortunately, we found this!"

Henrik tightened his grip on the voodoo doll in his hand.

"Thanks to you, Roger!"

Henrik pulled out a backpack from the trunk, he moved quickly, and quickly cleared an open space, then set up the props, and drew the voodoo doll on the array.

This was Roger's first close-up observation of a truly mysterious ceremony.

Henrik poured himself a bottle of unknown liquid, and after 10 seconds, he was refreshed, with a strange rhythm in his voice.

When the sound approached its high-pitched peak, Henrik set fire to the surrounding objects, then drew a dagger, cut his palm, and sprinkled blood on the voodoo doll in the circle.

A puff of white smoke rose, as if the doll was howling in pain, and then the voodoo doll spontaneously ignited without fire, turning into a plume of black smoke, and penetrated into Henrik's forehead.

His figure shook slightly.

"I'll show you the way. I know where that guy is hiding!"

Henrik said in a deep voice.

14