Chapter 96. The first story
206 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The evening sun shines through the glass windows into the café.

Roger sat at the table, staring at the haggard woman opposite.

He had seen information about this woman from the information, but she was much, much older than the photos.

"Tell me, what happened that year?"

The weather is obviously very hot, but that woman seems to be very cold.

"That was the most glorious time for the White Apricot Summer Camp. We continued to expand the scope of our business, but we still couldn't satisfy the huge increase in the number of people every year."

"Among all the children who participated in the summer camp, only a very small part came from Marsh Town, and more came from surrounding cities and downtown Bordeaux."

"Amerika is one of them."

"She is an introverted girl with good family conditions. Her mother is a nurse and her father should work in a bank. They sent her here just to exercise her social skills."

Ashley hugged her coffee cup with both hands.

"Is there a picture of her?" Roger asked.

Ashley hesitated, but took out a photo from her handbag.

At the beginning, Roger didn't expect to meet Ashley so soon, but after the meeting, he learned that there were some problems in Ashley's family.

Because of bankruptcy, she owed a huge amount of debt. She had no choice but to escape from Bordeaux and return to the small town below.

It is the River Valley Town not far from here.

After negotiating for a while, the two agreed to meet in a cafe in Marsh Town.

"You still have her picture."

Ashley covered her face with her hands.

"I don't know what happened. Maybe it's fate. I found it by accident when I was sorting out the materials."

The photo showed a thin girl with dark eyes and yellowish hair.

She seems to refuse to take pictures, subconsciously avoiding the camera with her eyes.

Roger carefully looked at it several times. This girl is completely different from Danielle in terms of facial features.

It's really not her... The last thought in my heart was lost.

"There were four boys involved in this matter at the time, and the leader was Judd, who was tall and handsome and had been a star figure in the school since he was a child."

"The other three were all he met at summer camp."

Ashley sighed.

"This incident is indeed a negligence of our management, there are too few staff, and then such an accident happened."

Roger sneered.

"But you didn't report the crime afterwards, but chose to remain silent."

Ashley was speechless.

"What can I do? In order to expand the summer camp, I borrowed a large amount of money from the bank. If this matter gets out, I will lose the future of the White Apricot Summer Camp."

"Which parent will feel relieved to send their children here in the second year?!"

Her voice became urgent, as if convincing herself.

"If it were you, what would you do?"

"What happened to the girl?" Roger put a picture of Amerika on the table.

"Not long after that incident happened, we informed her parents to come to White Apricot Summer Camp to pick her up."

"You know the road conditions here in Marsh Town. It rained heavily that day, and her father's car had a flat tire and rushed into the nearby swamp."

"It was two days later when we found the car."

A chill suddenly rose in Roger's heart.

It was hard for him to imagine the expression of the girl who had experienced the most painful ordeal when she saw the dead body of her parents in that environment.

Originally, her parents were the only ones she relied on to appeal for justice.

But now, nothing exists.

Ashley drank the coffee in the cup tremblingly.

"Without the guardian, this matter would be much easier to handle. I secretly compensated her a large sum of money, but she didn't want it."

"I don't know what happened after that. There was no guardian, she was underage at the time, maybe she was adopted by a relative or sent to a welfare agency of the federal government."

"I haven't seen her since then."

Roger suddenly remembered the words Henrik once said, "The human heart is more terrifying than evil spirits."

Although the woman in front of me looks downcast at this time, how high-spirited she was three years ago.

Although she is not the perpetrator, her handling and actions are worse than Judd's four.

"That's how it happened."

She looked up at Roger, "It's been so long, how did you find out?"

"Did Amerika take the initiative to report the crime?"

Roger shook his head.

"You don't know yet?"

"What do you mean?"

"The main messenger back then was Judd, and the remaining three were Travis, Allen, and Jonathan."

Ashley nodded.

"They're all dead. Drowned in Crystal Lake. And within this month."

"What?"

Ashley's face instantly turned pale.

"It's true, it's all true! It must be the ghosts of her parents who have returned!"

Seeing Ashley's expression, Roger instantly understood something.

"Did something happen to you recently?"

Ashley held her head in pain, "I thought it was a condemnation from my conscience that made me hallucinate, but now it seems that the ghosts of her parents must have returned!"

"It must be like this!"

She stood up in a panic.

"No, I can't stay here any longer, I have to leave quickly, away from this town!"

Roger grabbed the woman's arm.

"Calm down, tell me everything you know, maybe I can help you!"

It took him a lot of effort to calm down Ashley who was in a daze.

In Ashley's narration, Roger finally understood why this woman would easily tell the whole story.

Recently, she has been awakened by nightmares every day, and a familiar female voice lingers in her ears. She didn't pay attention to it at first, but gradually, the influence became bigger and bigger.

She had been tortured to the point of collapse, and the phone call from Roger at this time became an outlet for Ashley's emotions.

"Evil spirit attack?"

Ashley's experience is very similar to the simplest supernatural event. The level of the spirit body is not high, and it can only barely affect her sanity, disturbing her spirit through nightmares.

It seems that they can't even create illusions.

But then Roger frowned.

"This incident doesn't seem to have much to do with the deaths of the other four?"

"There's no reason for the avenger to be cruel to the other 4 people, but treat him so calmly. After all, in Roger's view, the crimes committed by this Ashley are no less serious than the other 4 people!"

"Take me to where you live!"

Roger made a quick decision.

But at this moment, the person he sent to the police station to follow up called him and told him that Danielle had appeared!

11