Chapter 101. The End
231 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fire sword slashed against the monster and made a harsh sound, and the monster twisted and launched a self-defense counterattack.

The threats he received conflicted with the orders sent by his master. Roger knew that his time was limited, and he swung the steel sword in his hand while moving around the monster.

"To fight monsters, you have to go around in circles!"

The flames burning on the steel sword couldn't last long, but it was enough for Roger, and several consecutive swords cut down the monster.

Roger rotated his body, clenched the weapon in his hands and pierced through the gap just now.

Ah……

This time, there was a painful howl from within the monster.

There is no substantive sound coming out, but it goes straight into the brain through the spirit.

But now through continuous meditation, Roger's mental strength has improved a lot. After being hit by this kind of shock, he was only slightly stunned for a moment before recovering quickly.

Take advantage of the victory to pursue.

Roger widens the wound.

Finally, through the layers of entwined vines, he saw a puppet-shaped rotten flesh inside the monster's body!

A pitch-black ghost floated from above.

An evil spirit formed from Travis' soul.

The monster was not killed by this kind of attack, its body twisted, and it still attacked instinctively.

At this moment, out of the corner of Roger's eyes, Betty and the middle-aged woman had rushed to the opposite shore.

There is only a small piece of lake between the two sides, and the line of sight is wide. Betty can completely command the monster to fight.

Travis's evil spirit launched a mental attack, and his eyes were in a trance for a while, Roger forced himself to keep the last bit of clarity in his heart.

He sheathed his sword.

The sword that had extinguished the flame when it was swung again was already covered with evil spirit oil.

This is not the kind of low-grade ingredients provided by Henrik, but a special formula from the hunter's hut.

The steel sword beats.

Roger made six strikes in one second, and each strike hit Travis's spiritual body between the eyebrows!

Hiss!

Travis's spirit let out a desperate cry, and then disappeared into the air completely.

At the same time, blood oozed from Betty's eyes in the distance, her body went limp, and she collapsed to the ground.

"Betty!"

The middle-aged woman let out a cry.

She "Watched" Roger opposite across a short section of the lake.

"I already remember your Aura."

The middle-aged woman took a deep breath, as if about to attack.

Roger's face changed, and when he lowered his head, he realized that there seemed to be inexplicable energy pouring from the vines on the monster's body into the minced meat in the middle.

Immediately afterwards, its corpse withered and weathered, and the flesh-and-blood doll gradually lignified, turning into a weird doll the size of a head.

Roger's heart skipped a beat.

This thing...if it is hung in the hut as a trophy.

"My hut... should be upgraded immediately!"

Level 3 Hunter's Hut!

Welcome to the qualitatively changed Hunter's Hut!

Not caring about anything else, Roger picked up the wooden doll and ran frantically into the distance.

Behind him, the middle-aged woman's shrill and heart-wrenching cry came.

"Stop……"

"Give it back to me!"

Where did Roger stop, and he didn't even try to identify the direction, he just kept running to the distance.

Until now, he finally realized what is called unexpected joy.

"I don't know if I can upgrade... It should be about the same."

Roger now wished he could fly back to the hunter's hut immediately.

At the same time, Betty, who was in a coma, woke up with a mouthful of blood.

"Mother……"

But all she heard was the woman's distressed cries.

After a long time, the woman calmed down.

"No matter who he is, I must find him and make him pay the price! Your companion puppet has been destroyed."

The middle-aged woman's face was gloomy, "Betty, you have no other choice."

"Mother……"

"Don't call me mother!"

Betty's face darkened, and many emotions flashed in her eyes.

The warmth was stripped away bit by bit, and finally only complete indifference remained.

"Fair enough. We can be together forever..."

She muttered something under her breath.

"Just do as you say."

The middle-aged woman showed a relieved smile, "You are the hope of our entire tribe, remember, this is your only chance."

…………

Roger ran away crazily, and when he faced the woman, he felt a deadly threat.

So when he got the item, he left without hesitation.

He couldn't tell the direction in the dark swamp. After walking for a while, the people behind probably couldn't catch up, so Roger stopped slowly.

This night, he originally contacted Danielle with the purpose of investigating the drowning incident in Crystal Lake.

But who would have thought that Betty's hidden identity was accidentally discovered in the end.

"This girl was born into a voodoo family."

Thinking of Betty swallowing that rotten heart, Roger still felt his scalp tingle.

That taste, that taste... Forget it, I can't think about it anymore.

"Looking at it now, what Amanda hesitated must have something to do with Betty. Fortunately, I held a negative attitude at the time."

"No, I must tell Amanda again after I go back."

The ritual held by Betty and others was very strange, involving soul, blood and death, and it was very dangerous.

In fact, after being exposed to extraordinary power, many people's temperaments will change, which is sometimes out of their own control.

Formerly Betty...

Roger sighed.

Amanda once wanted to match them up.

"Amanda must be told the truth, this is no child's play, a little negligence will kill her."

He secretly made up his mind.

The electronic equipment on his body was soaked in water, so naturally he couldn't use it. Instead of wasting energy by running around, Roger found an open space and waited quietly for dawn.

After dawn, after confirming the exact location, and combining the map in his mind, Roger analyzed his location.

It took him a whole morning to get out of this swamp, and this is him, and ordinary people probably won't have the chance to get out again.

After finding a family living in the depths of the swamp, and digging out the money in his wallet, Roger rushed to Danielle's residence immediately.

No surprises. The house was empty.

Roger even found a letter left for him by Danielle on the wall of the room.

"At the White Apricot Summer Camp three years ago, what those five men did killed a girl named Amerika."

"The only one alive now is Danielle."

"God gave me a chance to be reborn, and I will cherish it. I know that in the eyes of you law enforcement officers, I am a murderer."

"But anyway, I didn't kill anyone."

"I just did my best to do what a persecuted girl should do while trying not to break the law."

"That's all."

"I have no shame in my heart."

"If you want to catch me, come anytime."

After reading the letter, Roger let out a long sigh, then crushed the letter paper and threw it into the wind.

The flying confetti was blown away by the wind and fell on the crystal lake.

It's all over.

13