Chapter 121. Swordsmith
202 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What appeared in front of Roger was a downward passage. The stairs are not wide, probably only three or four people can walk up side by side.

He walked down one floor, and a pale middle-aged man in a butler's uniform was standing at the corner of the stairs.

"How do I call you?"

"Roger."

"Oh...that name suits you very well."

"You can call me Vero, please come with me."

The elegance and politeness shown by the other party made Roger feel good.

It would be better if...he was a human being.

Although the butler in front of him looked similar to a normal person, his body was even more illusory, through which he could vaguely see the scenery behind him.

Obviously, it's a ghost.

If Henrik's theory is correct, he can maintain his sanity, have his own thinking, and communicate with ordinary people...

Well, it's a demon spirit.

Except for the mysterious Anna, this should be the first demon spirit that Roger saw.

Even the most common demon spirits have power of the Transcendence realm. Thinking of this, Roger was a little nervous, and his muscles tensed subconsciously for a moment.

"Dear guest, please don't be nervous."

"As you can see, I'm a demon spirit, but I'm not a lunatic. If it's not necessary, I won't attack you."

Vero's attitude was still polite, but Roger could hear what the other party meant.

If not necessary...

There are surprisingly many downward stairs, and the light in the passage is a bit dim, but Roger can see it clearly. After walking down about four or five floors, the sound seems to become much more lively.

Several people were picking something in an open room, and the walls were covered with various weapons, ranging from cold weapons to hot weapons.

However, the largest number here are guns, and there are also some strange crossbows and other things.

Most of the cold weapons are hung on the top, and it seems that few people care about them.

A few people stood at the counter and were communicating with customers who bought weapons.

Vero led Roger to the other side, and the people next to him seemed unable to see Vero. Roger watched the butler push open a door, and he followed in.

In the room, a tall man with gray hair was facing away from Roger, fiddling with something on the table.

Roger noticed a stack of papers lying nearby, the top sheet...

He froze for a moment. In the portrait, Roger couldn't see his own appearance at all. It was strange that behind those seemingly random lines, a sense of sharpness rushed towards him.

"That girl seems to have a real knack for it."

Roger thought silently.

At this moment, the gray-haired man turned around. He was bald on the top of his head, had a fierce appearance, and had a long and narrow scar on his cheek.

One end of the scar went through the left eye.

"Are you the Roger that Henrik introduced?"

He twisted up the drawing paper on the table and glanced at Roger.

"That fellow Henrik wasn't lying about one thing. Those years, it is really rare to see demon hunters other than the blood hunter family continue the ancient inheritance."

Roger knew from Henrik that the so-called blood hunter families had been passed down for many years, and the inheritors of these families all had inhuman blood.

Their ancestors once intermarried with some extraordinary creatures, and the offspring born naturally inherited this bloodline.

So whether it is the starting point or the upper limit, they are much better than ordinary people.

It seems that these people and these families are the mainstay of the hunter guild now, and ordinary people like Henrik can only be regarded as the bottom-level miscellaneous soldiers.

"Mr. Clayter, hello, I think Henrik has already told you about my purpose."

Roger put the backpack on the table and took out the materials inside.

"I want to rebuild a sword."

The old man didn't even look at the original steel sword fragment. He picked up the other two pieces of metal and shook them slightly.

"It's been a long time since I encountered such a rare material."

At this moment, he fixed his eyes and noticed another piece of material placed next to him.

Half a pale skull.

In the center of the skull is a tiny gap.

"This thing..."

Clayter's face changed, "A witch's skull seems to contain something inside. The owner of this skull was not low-level before her death."

"At least reached the second half of the Crescent Moon!"

"Where did you get such a thing? Not every witch can condense such a skull, this thing is too rare!"

Holding half of the skull, Clayter actually couldn't put it down.

"This gap is a sword wound."

Only then did he glance at the shattered steel sword, and found the tip of the sword from a pile of fragments.

"The gap fits."

He looked up at Roger.

"How could a rookie like you kill such a guy? Was it killed by an ancestor of your family?"

Roger listened to Clayter talking to himself, and he silently closed his mouth.

Well, the old man's brain power is indeed very strong.

"Yes, that should be it."

"Fighting against a powerful witch, this sword has actually been damaged, and it is not surprising that it is broken like this now."

The old man gave Roger a tentative look while talking.

Roger tried his best to pretend to be seen through, "You can see that!"

"Simply amazing!"

"Ha ha!"

Clayter smiled proudly, "Although most of the weapons I sell are guns, what I'm really good at is cold weapon manufacturing!"

Clayter put away the materials.

"Tell me, which hand are you good at using? Do you have any special requirements for the length and weight of the sword? You can use both hands, and you usually do a lot of chopping, so you need to hold both hands..."

Roger said the same thing, and Clayter carefully wrote it down. Then he took out a ruler and carefully measured Roger's height and arm length.

I even got a brief understanding of Roger's exertion habits. Although I didn't see the finished product, the old man's professionalism made Roger feel more at ease.

"I have written down all the data."

"It can be seen that your knowledge in swordsmanship is very deep. Although it is far from the master, it is already very rare at your age."

"Your strength is very good, you should be reaching the limit soon, right?"

Roger nodded.

"So I will help you increase the weight of the steel sword appropriately, leave your email address, and I will send you a sketch tomorrow. If everything goes well, you should be able to use this weapon within five days!"

"So fast!"

Roger looked delighted.

Clayter also seemed very happy, "Materials are rare, and you are also a good swordsman, haha, I can't wait to start casting now!"

"Okay, please take care of everything."

Roger left his email address, and briefly communicated with Clayter about some knowledge about weapon care.

Finally, he left under Vero's urging.

When he opened the door, the figure he had just glimpsed in the alley passed by Roger, and it seemed that he had also come to find Clayter to forge weapons.

Leaving Royal Street, Roger didn't go to pick up the materials that Henrik helped him collect, but called the real estate company he entrusted before.

Well... Now that you have money in your hands, it's time to look at the house.

......

If you wanna read 30+ advanced chapters of my both books, check out my Patreon page...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

13