Chapter 146. Mist
182 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roger raised his head and scanned around, but he didn't see Henrik and Hathaway on the sofa.

"Where are they two gone?"

After groping down the neck, Roger didn't find any mollusks, but he touched the steel sword on his back.

He had set up the magic circle last night. If there were ghosts in this room, there must be no way to hide his figure under the activated magic circle.

A little light shone in through the window, it should have just dawned and the sun had not yet risen.

"What happened? I am Sleeping all night unknowingly?"

Roger stood up.

"Henrik!"

He yelled.

There was no response from the empty villa.

"Is he out?"

Roger pushed open the door.

The sky outside was bright, and it seemed to be cloudy, the air was humid, and the grass at the entrance of the villa was covered with morning dew.

Looking into the distance, a little bit of mist is shrouded, and Roger's line of sight can only see a distance of about 20 meters at most.

The whole community is very quiet, and there are no residents who are up for morning jogging at this time.

Roger faintly sensed something was wrong. Although Henrik always seemed to be joking, he was absolutely reliable when he actually performed the task.

If he and Hathaway left the house at the same time, he would at least leave a note, if not wake himself up.

And last night... I actually slept all night?

In such a dangerous environment, it was a relatively abnormal thing. After patting his head, Roger thought about it carefully.

"Wait a minute! When did I fall asleep?"

Although the order of the night watchmen has been assigned, the three of them are considered to be energetic, and there is no problem even if they stay up all night.

Thinking of this, Roger rushed into the house quickly.

"Henrik!"

"Hathaway!"

He ran fast from the first floor to the third floor, but a few minutes later, Roger was surprised to find that not only was there no one in the room, but the state of the whole room was completely different from before they went to bed last night.

In order to find clues, the three of them carefully turned the whole villa upside down. Although most of the things were in place, there were still some traces left.

But at this time...

The room was empty and tidy!

As if...

There was a flash of inspiration in my mind.

Just like Veronica's dream!

"I fell into a dream too?"

Roger's face changed suddenly.

"No, unlike Veronica, I can stay awake in my dreams." Roger frowned and thought for a while.

"Is it because my spirit is stronger than hers?"

Realizing the problem, Roger drew out the dagger, and the sharp blade touched his skin, making him feel a slight sting.

"This feels too real?"

What kind of monster was it, and were the three of us dragged into the same dream, or were we separate?

How should I get out of here?

Thinking of Veronica's record, he came to the underground wine cellar again, but it was the same as in reality, and there was still no secret passage there.

There was nothing to gain in the room, and Roger didn't want to sit here passively and wait. He pushed open the door and walked outside the villa again.

After such a long time, the outside is still dim, the sun seems to never come out, and the fog on the street is getting heavier. The visibility was more than 20 meters just now, but now it is less than 10 meters.

Before coming to the villa, he had seen the basic structure diagram of the Sapphire Street villa area, and had a general understanding of the terrain distribution here.

Veronica's villa is built around the lake, it can be regarded as the center of the entire villa area, and there are other residences in a circle outside.

As long as he keeps walking along the path in front of the door, he will eventually circle the lake and return to the original point again.

The terrain here is not complicated, even in the fog, you don't worry about losing your way.

After thinking about it, Roger drew out the weapon in his hand, intending to look around.

Going out and turning to the left, his figure was gradually engulfed in the mist, and he walked a few steps forward, as if he had stimulated something in the mist because of his entry.

The surrounding fog became thicker and thicker. After walking about a dozen steps, the villa behind him could hardly be seen.

Although the surroundings were bright, the environment surrounded by fog still made Roger feel a little uneasy.

The unknown is always the most frightening.

Taking a few more steps forward, this time Roger could clearly tell that the surrounding fog was indeed thickening.

He could only vaguely see things within 5 meters around him. As for the villa behind him, he had completely disappeared from his vision.

Pat, clack.

At this moment, there was a strange sound in the distance.

A faint shadow came out of the mist, and the sound of slapping the ground was like a piece of blood-stained meat, which made people sound very uncomfortable.

The surrounding mist seemed to appear out of thin air, and the degree of density went up to a higher level. This time, Roger's line of sight narrowed again.

Even if he activates the hunter's vision, the dense fog is very strange, and the vision that can penetrate even darkness does not have much effect here.

The mist slid across his skin, and for a moment, Roger even felt that the mist was alive, they were outlining their own shapes, and then transmitting information to a certain existence deep in the mist!

Pat, clack!

The sound was getting closer and closer, and finally Roger could clearly see the figure coming out of the mist.

A vague, bloody humanoid.

It has an extremely large head, the lower end is almost connected to the entire shoulder, and the skin on the body surface seems to be peeled off, exposing the fascia and muscles underneath.

Two thick front paws lie on the ground, crawling on the ground like a wild beast, the gaping mouth is full of dagger-like fangs, and the eyes are cloudy, as if they have lost their basic visual functions.

Roger moved back half a step and immediately attracted the attention of the monster in front of him.

"Is he follow sound? Or through the flow of mist?"

But obviously this thing is not a creature that can communicate, and without warning in the next second, the ghoul-like creature exerts force on its front legs and pounces on it!

"What a speed!"

Roger's body was slightly sideways, but just as he was about to attack, the monster suddenly opened its mouth, and a mass of red stuff ejected from the mouth, shooting straight at Roger's face like a sharp sword.

Roger dodged the opponent's attack by turning his body on his side, and at the same time saw clearly what was attacking him.

Tongue.

A blob of bright red covered with a spiky tongue!

Without hesitation, Roger flicked his wrist, and the steel sword in his hand rolled up!

After the monster's tongue was shot out, when it rolled back, it happened to wrap the steel sword in it. With the help of the opponent's strength, Roger followed up.

Seeing that Roger's body was about to collide with the monster, the weapon in his hand spun and broke the monster's spiked tongue.

Immediately afterwards, follow the opponent's open mouth straight into the brain!

The blade rotated, and the muscles on the arm stretched out. When it was lifted up, the monster's entire head had been split in two from the mouth upwards!

But before Roger stood up, a strong oppressive force suddenly came from the mist, and his whole body was sent flying like a cannonball, flying more than ten meters away.

His chest was heaving, and Roger almost spat out a mouthful of blood.

As soon as he stood up, he heard a dull sound of footsteps in the mist, as if a huge monster was approaching here!

11