Chapter 150. Safety Point
170 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roger briefly recounted the incident to Ingmar, especially mentioning Veronica he met in Bordeaux Dream.

"It should be a monster that can transform. Its combat power is only slightly stronger than that of ordinary people, but its deceptiveness is enough to fool the most savvy hunters."

"Shapeshifter?"

Roger said a name.

"It's very appropriate. Although this kind of monster is rare, there are not a few with similar abilities. The one you encountered should be a relatively peaceful one."

"There is nothing aggressive, it seems to be simply enjoying life."

Roger nodded.

This reminded him of Veronica's sudden change of interest when he met that Veronica in Bordeaux Dream, and the strength she showed when he stunned her.

It seems that on this issue, that fellow Henrik is really not lying.

Thinking of this, Roger suddenly realized a problem.

"Does this monster have a specific gender?"

"Of course there is."

Ingmar replied.

"However, because they can change their body structure and become anyone, gender is more ambiguous to them. Their orientations are mostly variable."

Hearing this, Roger couldn't help shivering.

He thought of the middle-aged man he threw on the bed before he left.

Let's hope he wakes up to a woman, if that guy happens to be a man when he wakes up...

Then he really committed a crime.

After eating something, Ingmar's spirit recovered a lot, and on the other side, the real Veronica greedily ate up the food in her hand.

Not even the crumbs that fell on the table were spared.

Thinking about the broken corpse of that monster, Roger was extremely thankful. In a day or two at night, he might also live a life of ruthlessness and blood drinking.

Ingmar went back into the room to clean the wound, and Roger gave her another injection.

"Take a break. There are terrible monsters in the mist. The wounds on my body were left at that time. If it weren't for the shelter here, I would have died a long time ago."

"The houses here are very safe. After we enter here, they will not attack again."

"And when there is fog, it is equivalent to a day and night."

"Here, the clocks on the earth can't be in time, but I estimate a cycle, about 12 hours, and the normal and foggy times are half and half."

"Now there are monsters in the fog, we can't go out."

Ingmar sighed.

"Take a good rest, and wait for the fog to dissipate before we leave here to find Hathaway and the others."

If it hadn't been for meeting Roger, Ingmar would have been desperate, and only the instinct to survive was supporting him to continue living.

But now she is concerned about her daughter's safety, even if she dies, she must send her daughter out safely!

This woman looks thin, but she is stronger than a man in her bones, and Hathaway looks weak, but her mother's fortitude and determination are in her character!

Roger wasn't particularly tired, but he had nothing to do now, so he also found a room and lay down on the bed with his eyes closed.

Relaxed, he was half asleep and half awake. After an unknown amount of time, there was a light sound outside the door. It was a small mechanism he had placed at the door.

Swish!

He opened his eyes abruptly, and in the next second, he bounced off the bed like a civet cat. The steel sword was unsheathed, drew a trajectory in mid-air, and then landed on the neck of the woman opposite.

"Whoosh!"

Roger retracted the weapon in his hand.

From his angle, he could see Veronica's unbuttoned skirt.

Roger was very clear about the purpose of this woman coming here.

This is a smart woman. She knows how to use her own advantages. In this situation, she has food and water on her body, and she can provide force protection at the same time.

No matter how you look at it, it is the most reliable.

"Go back and have a good rest, don't think about other things."

"If it's within my power, I'll help you, but if even I can't escape..."

Roger sighed.

To be honest, it was the first time he experienced such a weird situation, and he was not very sure about whether he could escape.

Let's wait until we find Henrik and see what he can do. He has been in the Hunter's Guild for a long time and has a wealth of sources of information. He may know some things that ordinary hunters don't know.

"I... I just..."

Veronica froze in place, her face was flushed, and she didn't know whether to undress and enter the room or turn around and leave.

Roger walked to the door and gave Veronica a reassuring look.

"Take a good rest, and only when you have enough energy can you run over the monster."

Thinking of those terrible things, Veronica couldn't help shivering, closed the door silently, turned and left.

There was no accident after that, until the fog outside the window gradually dissipated, Roger pushed open the door and walked into the living room.

Ingmar made a simple dress out of curtains, and when Roger came out, she was counting the bullets one by one.

"The fog has cleared, let's go."

Ingmar is a fierce and quiet woman, and it's hard to imagine how a woman like her got mixed up with Henrik's guy.

Pushing open the door, the fog outside had dissipated, and the street became quiet again.

"In the past few days, I have figured out some rules of this weird place."

Ingmar lit a cigarette.

"I don't know if you noticed, but the streets here are straight. According to my guess, this place should be divided into several areas, and each area can be combined with other areas next to it to form a different terrain."

"But again, there are areas here that remain fixed and don't move around."

Ingmar pointed to his feet.

"Like here"

"Wait a minute."

Roger interrupted Ingmar.

"You mean you two woke up from this house?"

Ingmar nodded.

"Yes, generally speaking, the cursed land will only have one entrance, but this is obviously a special case."

"Veronica's house is connected to this cursed place, but if you are in different positions in the room, you will be taken to different areas."

"I just hope now that Henrik and Hathaway are together."

Ingmar's face showed a trace of worry.

After all, Hathaway is only a psychic medium, and her combat power is limited.

"After several days of observation, the terrain here is almost moving in a regular square, and the houses here look almost the same, so it is difficult for us to find them."

"Your arrival has provided another safe place. If this place is made up of countless regular squares, then the entire area should also be a large square, or an approximate square."

Ingmar sighed, "Of course, this is just my guess, but if you go on with this theory..."

"Then there should be other safe places here."

"The next thing we have to do is to find two other safe places!"

"But if I'm wrong, we may never come back. Until finally swallowed by the mist."

At this moment, Roger suddenly closed his eyes as if he was perceiving something, and a few seconds later, he suddenly opened his eyes.

"Ms. Ingmar, you are such a genius, I think your deduction should be correct!"

9