Chapter 179. Clues
162 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Have you found the whereabouts of that monster?"

Cain looked at Roger carefully, with a hint of doubt on his face.

"Vincent revealed our mission to you?"

Roger shook his head, "I came in with a guy named Bobby. This factory is recruiting workers, and the pay is very good."

"You really should get in touch with that group of workers, they can talk about everything in private."

Roger replied.

The news was indeed revealed to him by Vincent. It was not a big deal, but it would somewhat affect Vincent's reputation.

"And we did."

A black boy stepped forward. Not long ago, he and another companion investigated the location of the incident. They borrowed a uniform and took the opportunity to obtain some information from other workers.

"The results of it?"

Roger asked back.

The black youth shook his head. It seemed that the news they got from the workers was really limited.

Cain took a step forward and extended his hand, "If what you said is true, then you are welcome to join."

"After the mission is over, I will pay you according to your contribution. If your contribution in the entire mission is large enough, you can choose whatever is on the monster's corpse."

"Team leader!"

"Just do as I say!"

Cain interrupted the words behind him forcefully.

But then the expression on his face became serious, "But if you lied, you deceived us."

Crack!

Cain clenched his fists.

"Before kicking you out of the team, I promise to make you pay an unforgettable price!"

What other people don't know is that Wolfe's capital turnover has reached its limit. If he can't solve the problems in the factory, he will never be able to deliver his stocks on time if the operation continues like this.

At that time, the bank's loan and the liquidated damages of the contract will drag him down.

So there is not much time left for Cain, he can't passively wait for the disaster to happen, he must solve the problem here as soon as possible.

"No problem."

Roger held Cain's palm.

Turning around, Cain introduced the other people in the room to Roger.

In addition to Lawrence and Michelle, the black guy was named Carl, and the other thick guy was named Beach.

Like Roger, he was actually a rare witcher who took the traditional route. Roger didn't see the opponent's weapon, but judging by the bulging muscles on his body, it seemed that he was not far from the limit of the human body.

The black guy Carl has a sharp perception and a strong spirit. He is the psychic in the team, while Lawrence and Michelle are witchers like Henrik.

The entire team consists of 5 members with reasonable staffing and is well-known in the whole city of Bordeaux. Ordinary Transcendent creatures have already hunted and killed several of them, so they have a good reputation.

Compared with them, Roger is a nobody, and his only experience is to save Ingmar.

However, because that incident involved a cursed land that was not fully assimilated, the outside world did not know the truth of the incident.

What they know is just a processed version.

Of course, in that version, the most brilliant and the one who turned the tide was Henrik.

After knowing everyone's identities and exchanging a few words, the atmosphere in the room eased a lot.

There were no arrogant and domineering guys in the whole team. It could be seen that Cain was very authoritative. Although they were full of doubts about Roger's words, they were relatively restrained on the surface.

"We visited three groups of people throughout the afternoon, and the information we got from them was not much different from what Wolfe described."

"It's just that Wolfe is not as generous as he has shown. The compensation is not much, and the salary increase is pitifully small."

"He just won over a few important leaders among them, and he also used some special means."

Lawrence said.

"By the way, there is one more thing. The guy who first discovered the monster was named Gail. We went to his residence but found no one. That guy is an outsider, and there are no relatives in the town."

"I asked the neighbors around, and they all said that they haven't seen him back for a long time."

"I have a guess."

Michelle, who was sitting next to Lawrence, said, "After our investigation, we found that this Gale and Wolfe have a big conflict."

"Gail used to be a small foreman under Wolfe, but there have been rumors in the town that Wolfe slept with Gale's wife. This incident caused the two to turn against each other."

"Although Gail was angry, he didn't seem to find any direct evidence. So when he announced that he saw a monster in the factory, everyone thought he was taking revenge on Wolfe."

"Gail disappeared about two or three days after the incident."

"The door lock of his house was forcibly broken, and it is very likely that Wolfe did it."

"Even if this Wolfe didn't kill Gail, he must have done something to him. Among the three sightings, Gail is the closest to the monster."

"If we can't find him, we won't be able to determine a lot of key information."

Cain nodded.

"Maybe we should ask Wolfe again, if Gail is really in his hands, then he must know more information."

Lawrence added.

"Have you found any problems in the factory?"

Cain said to Carl.

Carl shook his head, "Everything is normal here, and a little remnant soul found by chance is also a normal death."

"In addition, the workers in the factory don't seem to know much, and many people are just spreading rumors."

Having said that, Carl took a deep look at Roger, obviously not believing what Roger said before.

After summarizing all the information, Cain's eyes fell on Roger.

"Tell me about your discovery."

At least from the current point of view, the investigation of Cain and others has reached a deadlock. Carl has also contacted the workers in the factory. He thinks that his investigation has no loopholes.

"Is there a map?"

Roger stood up, took a map handed over by Michelle, unfolded the map and pasted it on the wall.

"The workers only knew about two of them."

Roger drew two circles on the map.

"But I learned from your mouths that Wolfe has concealed it for the third time."

"If I'm not mistaken, the third time should happen here, or here..."

Seeing the last two circles marked by Roger on the map, Cain's eyes narrowed slightly.

"How did you know?"

"Wolfe's factory is built around the river."

Roger traced a curve on the map.

"The purpose of building the factory here is self-evident, but this guy is very smart and did not directly lead the sewage pipes into river."

"Instead, several pipelines were secretly built, and these pipelines entered the ground from the factory, then passed through the ground, and emerged from a place far away from the nearby river."

"If I'm not mistaken, the monster entered the factory through these three passages that do not exist on the architectural drawings."

"We can't find its lair, but as long as we guard the exit of the factory, it will come to our door in a short time."

Roger said confidently.

What he said just now was naturally not just speculation. After opening the hunter vision, Roger did find clues near the passage that ordinary people could not distinguish.

With full evidence, he will go directly to Cain.

The passages of the sewage outlets are distributed in the factory, even if he knows the approximate location, but there is only one person, and it is too much.

Only by combining Cain's advantage in numbers can the plan of waiting for rabbits be implemented.

"it's out of the question!"

At this moment, someone suddenly retorted.

11