Chapter 189. The Cursed Land
152 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You are crazy!"

"So many of us were not their opponents just now, and now you are the only one. Do you want to die?"

Cain stood up staggeringly, his face was flushed with impatience.

Roger smiled.

"Even you think I'm crazy for doing this, let alone them."

In the situation just now, if Roger didn't retreat, even if he could kill Aurora, he would be besieged by others.

At that time, don't say that he has no way to escape, and Cain's team doesn't know how many people will die.

After all, Aurora's injury and being killed are two completely different results, and the second situation will completely arouse the revenge psychology of the Voodoo Association.

If Roger and the others are not made to pay the price, what they are waiting for when they return to the Voodoo Association must be the punishment from the Voodoo Queen.

Relatively speaking, Aurora is indeed a disciple who is not valued so much by the Queen of Voodoo, but after all, beating a dog depends on the master. If her disciple is killed, the queen must make a certain gesture.

But now that Aurora is seriously injured, they must be in a hurry to return. During this process, no one would have thought that Roger would be so bold that he would take the initiative to provoke.

Whether doing mental calculations or not, fighting guerrilla warfare, the initiative is in your own hands. This is Roger's last chance to kill Aurora.

Once this woman is allowed to return to Bordeaux, what awaits Roger will be revenge like a storm.

He had already made up his mind that if he couldn't keep everyone this time, then Roger planned to leave Bordeaux overnight until he had the strength to confront the Voodoo Queen head-on.

In addition, judging from the reactions of Aurora and others, the Voodoo Association is clearly planning something, but Roger doesn't know the extent of the impact of this incident.

Maybe you can try to light a fire to see if you can magnify the result of this matter, if you can attract the attention of the Hunter Guild...

"That's it. I'll take the initiative to distract them, and you guys will take the opportunity to find the way down the mountain."

Finally, Roger gave another order.

"If any of you know the high level of the Hunter's Guild, maybe you can tell them what happened tonight before you leave."

"The Voodoo Association is likely to make a big move!"

"Everyone be careful!"

After speaking, Roger nodded to Cain, turned around and disappeared into the darkness.

The others didn't say anything during the whole process, and they couldn't evaluate whether Roger's behavior was impulsive or brave.

But at least with Roger around to help draw attention, they got a moment of respite and safety.

"Let's go!"

Cain waved his hand.

"Roger he..."

Michelle hesitated, "He should go with us."

She was a little concerned about Roger's safety. Although she only met for one night, Michelle still admired Roger's abilities and qualities.

"Rather than caring about him, we should care about ourselves."

Cain sighed.

"This boy is not as simple as you think."

"He probably hasn't entered the Transcendence realm yet, but his body has already demonstrated the Extreme power. In the battle just now, we were not so much helping him as we were holding him back."

"Do you think Aurora's reputation is just a foil for the Voodoo Queen?"

"Although that woman is arrogant and disgusting, she is also a witch at the level of the Waxing Moon. She is a real Transcendence. Even if she is approached by an ordinary witcher, she will not behave so badly."

"And just now Roger actually cut Aurora's witch body with a sword."

"That is the last barrier formed by a witch when she enters the Transcendence realm. Under the situation of fatal threat, it can be activated spontaneously to resist the terrible impact."

"It's no less important than the second life. To put it bluntly, the bullets in your hands can't penetrate that layer of defense!"

"He's so strong?!" Michelle was surprised.

Cain nodded, and glanced in the direction where Roger left, "This kid is not considered unsuccessful, but as long as he is careful to protect himself, there is no problem."

"No matter how bad it is, those guys will pay a heavy price."

"Don't talk about him, let's find out the direction, let's get out of here!"

Everyone made a simple stretcher, carried the unconscious Lawrence up the mountain, and looked up, but after a while, everyone's expression changed completely.

"What happened?"

Looking from a height, the River Valley Town that Lawrence was looking at originally disappeared, and in the darkness, everyone could only see the endless forest.

"Where are we?"

…………

"Hoo……"

Roger adjusted his breathing and returned to Wolfe's factory along the trace left just now.

Calculated according to the time, it should be close to midnight at this time, and the factory is still dead silent. Back to the place where everyone just fought, there are bloodstains scattered everywhere on the ground.

"There are many injured people, and the speed of action must not be too fast."

When noon came, Roger didn't leave his car in the factory parking lot, so even if they drove away, he could catch some traces and try to follow them.

Bloody footprints.

Roger turned on his hunter vision and followed the traces to the outskirts of the factory, but to his surprise, the direction of these traces was not the factory parking lot, but the forest not far away.

"What happened?"

"Someone was seriously injured and didn't go to the hospital in the town by car, but went to the woods instead. Could it be that there is their secret base here?"

Roger became a lot more cautious, his footsteps briskly turned into like a night cat, running quickly in the forest along the tracks.

But while running, Roger noticed something unusual.

"Something is wrong."

"This direction should go to the town, but now..."

Quickly climbing up a big tree, Roger looked around, the darkness couldn't obstruct his sight, but what he saw around him surprised him a little.

"How so?"

The terrain he saw was not much different from what he saw during the day, but the distribution and lushness of the vegetation were completely different.

"Wouldn't this be another cursed land?"

"Is it just my luck lately, or is there really something big going on around Bordeaux?"

Quickly sorted out the night's experience.

"When did it start? Come down from the mountain, or while chasing that toad monster?"

"It's no wonder I met people from the Voodoo Association near the factory. Perhaps this cursed place was originally their place, and the few of us stumbled into it by accident, so we discovered their secret."

He frowned and thought for a while.

"But what about that Gail? And the seeds and plans they mentioned."

"What the hell is the Voodoo Association doing?"

Suppressing the doubts in his heart, Roger was faced with two choices at this time. The first was to continue the pursuit, find opportunities to kill everyone, and erase the traces of his and others' existence.

The second is to return to the mountain to find the key to leave here.

After hesitating for a moment, Roger acted again.

......

Shameless unwanted suggestion from the author: If you wanna read 30+ advanced chapters of my both of books, check out my Patreon page, please...

patreon.com/KarmaLord

14