Chapter 207. Margaret
152 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are there any new developments regarding the resurrection of the dead mentioned by the family members of multiple patients?"

On the way to the factory, Chris asked.

"Who is behind the scenes?"

"An incident of this scale cannot be done by just one or two people. Is there no clue inside the union?"

"Not at all."

Someone replied.

"We investigated all the patients' relatives, friends, and their houses, and found no trace of the resurrection of the dead at the scene."

"So far, it has been tentatively designated as a collective illusion. Some people in the union believe that this should be a sign of a special spell before it is launched."

"What about divination?"

"No harvest either?"

There was silence in the car.

The uneasiness in his heart was getting stronger and stronger, and Chris had a feeling that the impact in front of him should only be the fermentation period of the incident.

If the problem cannot be resolved within the shortest possible time, the number of people affected will definitely increase, and by then the entire town may be destroyed.

When this spreads to Bordeaux...

"What if all the infected people were killed?"

Hearing this sentence, Chris turned his head sharply, staring at the young man who spoke with sharp eyes.

"Do you know what you're talking about?"

Chris's voice was cold, "Don't you know what's the difference between us and those extraordinary forces?"

"I'm sorry."

"There is no second time."

In the dullness, the car arrived at the Wolfe factory. The doors of the factory were closed and there was silence.

Everyone searched around, and a lot of information has actually been checked, and it is just a helpless choice to come back at this time.

The sky gradually became dark, and the sky over River Valley Town was shrouded in dark clouds. It seemed that a storm might come at any time.

Just when everyone was about to leave, Chris stood at the door and looked back at the factory.

"Huh?"

On the hillside in the distance, something seems to be drilling out of the soil.

With a flick of his body, Chris flew over at an extremely fast speed. When he got closer, he realized that it was a person who got out of the soil.

Pale face, thin stubble.

The figure stood on the hillside, seemingly wandering aimlessly all the way up.

Chris followed until he followed the other party to the back of a villa in the forest.

Then he saw that figure standing in front of a piece of land behind the villa.

The soil under his feet is very fresh, it seems that it has not been filled for a long time.

Chris' face sank, "Dig it!"

"Be careful."

Ten minutes later, looking at the empty pit, Chris closed his eyes and meditated.

At this time, someone stepped forward quickly.

"Found it, this man's name is Gail."

"He disappeared more than a week ago, judging from the current situation..."

Looking at Gail who looked like a dead person in front of him, Chris's eyes flashed brightly.

"Take him and we'll go back to Bordeaux. I may have found the key to the matter."

"In addition……"

Chris hesitated for a moment, "Call the guild, I hope to get Ms. Margaret's help."

"Lady Margaret?"

"For similar things, the Voodoo Association may be a better choice."

"They?!" Chris snorted coldly.

Chris thought about the situation he had faced yesterday evening when he went to the Voodoo Society to seek Cassandra's help.

"I'm sorry Mr. Chris, the teacher and Julian left Bordeaux..."

Behind the woman's formulaic decorum lay cold rejection.

At the end, she said again, "Mr. Chris, at your level, this kind of request is a bit beyond the mark."

"No matter what you want to do, please send at least one worthy person. Forget it, Linda, please ask Mr. Black or Mr. President to go in person."

After she finished speaking, she nodded politely, and the puppet beside her closed the door expressionlessly.

"I hope Ms. Margaret can see some clues."

Chris got into the car and slowly closed his eyes.

…………

Royal Academy of Bordeaux Drama.

Seeing this woman again, Amanda still couldn't equate her with the sorceress Roger was talking about.

In an elegant and retro room, a woman in court attire sits at a small table made of fragrant sandalwood.

She has a solemn and serious expression, gently holding the small silver cup with her left hand, and stirring slowly and evenly with her right hand.

Looking at her movements, many people will subconsciously associate it with warlock rituals and experiments.

But in reality, she was just stirring a cup of coffee.

"Um……"

"No more, no less, 48 ​​laps, just right."

The small silver spoon tapped lightly on the rim of the cup.

Margaret handed over the cup in her hand.

"Try it, this is a small benefit for you to join this big family. Next time, you will officially become my disciple."

In all fairness, Margaret was considered a beautiful woman, and it was impossible to tell the exact age of this woman just from her skin and appearance.

Her hair is gorgeous gold, which matches the surrounding golden color, her golden eyebrows are very thin, and even her lips are painted light gold.

Of course, the clothes on the body should also be perfectly unified with the surrounding environment.

Well, for this aesthetic, Amanda is really powerless to complain.

Taking the cup, she took a sip lightly.

The bitterness of coffee is mixed with the creaminess of milk, and there is a special sweetness in the middle.

"This is literally the most..."

Before the words fell, the coffee in her stomach exploded like a flame. Amanda's eyes widened suddenly, her body trembled violently, and the cup in her hand seemed likely to fall to the ground at any time.

Margaret leaned back, observing with great interest, and gradually a hint of appreciation appeared on her face.

Fragrant sweat dripping.

When Amanda came back to her senses, she realized that her clothes had been soaked in sweat. She looked down and found that there was not a drop of liquid in the cup.

"What happened?"

"It's kind of a test."

Margaret smiled," Your attitude is much better than I imagined."

She clapped her hands, "Okay, return the cup to me now."

"This is something that was used by the Faku royal family in the 16th century."

Amanda nodded in a daze, and put the cup on the table. Before she left, she suddenly thought of something and couldn't help asking.

"Lady Margaret."

"Call me teacher."

"Teacher, I want to know why you chose me when you were in the restaurant?"

Margaret smiled.

"Because I saw the strength and ambition in you!"

"Ambition?"

This answer was obviously beyond Amanda's expectation, "If it's because of this reason, I'm afraid it will disappoint you."

"I'm not an ambitious person."

"As for strength? That's even more irrelevant to me."

"Oh?"

Margaret raised an eyebrow.

"You sure?"

"Of course, I still know myself very well."

"That's not necessarily the case. What I see may be the real you."

Margaret smiled mysteriously.

Amanda was about to say something more when there was a knock on the door.

"Teacher, people from the Hunter's Guild say they have something important to see you."

"Not interested."

Margaret refused without hesitation.

"But he brought a letter from Mr. President."

11