Chapter 224. Encounter in a Bar
124 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How about it?"

Roger asked with concern. Although he has been recuperating in the past few days, he has been paying attention to the news of Bordeaux all the time.

"The Voodoo Association has been purged!"

"Purged?"

Roger was slightly taken aback.

"Who did it? Who has the strength?"

"Although the entire Bordeaux seems to be very peaceful on the surface, it has already turned upside down in the extraordinary world."

"Many people speculate that the Hunter's Guild did it. It should be because of the River Valley Town incident. Now it is basically certain that everything that happened in River Valley Town is caused by the Voodoo Association."

"However, the only thing that makes everyone more puzzled is, how dare the Hunter Guild do this in this turmoil?"

"You know, for a long time, the Hunter's Guild in Bordeaux has been tolerant of the Voodoo Association because of its lack of strength."

"But who would have thought that if they didn't do anything this time, they would uproot the entire Voodoo Association!"

As a member of the Hunter's Guild, Henrik should be happy that such a happy thing happened, but the sudden strength of the Hunter's Guild is really abnormal.

"Where's Cassandra?"

Henrik shook his head.

"No one knows where she went, she hasn't appeared since the beginning, she either escaped or..."

Henrik didn't say the rest, but the result is self-evident.

"Tsk tsk, who can handle such a beauty?"

"If I caught her."

Henrik stroked the stubble on his chin, wondering what he was thinking.

"The situation is like this. When such a big event happened, no one investigated your previous matter. In addition to the news fault, as long as you don't stand up, it is estimated that you will never be found out."

"However, for the sake of safety, we still stay outside for a few days to see the specific situation."

Henrik patted Roger on the shoulder.

"Now you can rest assured, do you want to go to a nearby bar with me at night?"

"Okay."

Henrik didn't expect Roger to agree so quickly this time.

During the recent period, on the one hand, in order to avoid the limelight, and on the other hand, to integrate the new organs, Roger has been staying in the room, hardly going out.

After a long time, his whole body is almost rusted. Now that the matter in Bordeaux has been preliminarily resolved, he can just take this opportunity to relax.

According to Henrik, the Hunter's Guild used thunderous means to deal with the senior management of the Voodoo Association, causing many witches below to flee Bordeaux.

The power of the demon hunters was inherently weak, and there was no way to take care of the entire Bordeaux region. Now that the power of the Voodoo Association has been disintegrated, let alone whether it will attract a rebound from the power of other spellcasters.

As far as the underlying combat effectiveness is concerned, it is estimated that it will have a great impact on the entire Bordeaux region.

After all, the number of high-end combat power is limited, and there is no way to take care of the entire area when there is no way to do it.

And this is exactly where Henrik and others are puzzled.

This approach of the Hunter Guild is equivalent to taking the lives of ordinary people in the entire area as chips.

Bigger storms should still be behind.

After eating at noon, I bought a few changes of clothes, and Roger wandered around to get a brief understanding of this seaside city.

The breath and pace of life here reminded Roger of the city he used to live in.

Before he knew it, he had gradually forgotten his past life.

Combat practice.

These seem to be the whole of his life.

Once trapped in the vastness and mystery of the extraordinary world, it is impossible to escape.

As night falls, the whole city shows its true vitality, fashionable men and women shuttle among the crowds, flickering neon lights, brightly lit streets and shop windows.

During the recent period of time, Henrik frantically hangs around the surrounding bars, which is naturally not just for entertainment.

He had received news from special channels.

The female night devil had appeared here before, but after more than half a month of busy work, he visited almost all the bars in most of the city, but Henrik didn't find any clues.

Roger wore an ordinary casual shirt, a white top and light gray trousers. The style was simple, but his figure was tall and straight, and his temperament became extremely special after he entered the Transcendence realm.

Standing in the crowd is simply outstanding, not long after entering the bar, it attracted the attention of many women.

After politely rejecting a few girls who came straight to the point, Roger ordered a glass of ice water and drank while browsing the information in his mind.

After the body mutated, high-concentration spirits were not much different from clear water to him.

"Dude, don't waste your skin."

Henrik moved towards Roger with his arms around a girl's shoulders.

He looked Roger up and down, and his voice gradually lowered.

"Did something go wrong during your promotion?"

Roger grinned and clenched his fists on the table slightly. Seeing this scene, Henrik took the initiative to confess.

He quietly pointed to his female companion beside him.

"I suspect that there is some secret hidden in her body. I will take her to check it out. Please help me keep an eye on the surroundings and see if there is anything unusual..."

Roger is indifferent, how shameless this guy is...

At this moment, a slightly surprised voice came from not far away.

"Roger?"

Even in noisy music, this sound can still be clearly transmitted to the ears, which is a natural ability acquired by the body after evolution.

Roger looked around, and a familiar figure came into view.

"Hathaway?"

He was also a little surprised.

Naturally, Henrik also saw Hathaway, and he gave Roger an ambiguous look, "Hey, buddy, if you really have a problem with your health, you'd better slip away as soon as possible."

"If the girl exposes it in person."

Henrik shook his head.

"Have you tried?!"

Roger's sudden sentence choked Henrik speechless, and a flash of panic flashed in his eyes.

In the flickering lights, Ingmar was inexplicably thought of.

The next moment, Henri pulled up his girlfriend and fled.

Unlike the haggard look of the previous meeting, Hathaway's face was radiant at this time. I don't know if it was an illusion, but Roger always felt that the girl in front of him didn't look so thin anymore.

Seems like... developed a bit?

Hmm... At the villa in Veronia back then, this girl acted very boldly.

"It's been a while, why are you here?"

Hathaway came to Roger with a wine glass in her hand, and she looked even more petite with a white dress.

She looked up at Roger, always feeling that there seemed to be some wonderful changes in the young man in front of her.

"An easy task."

Roger said casually.

"And you?"

"Haha, I sneaked out behind my mother's back."

Hathaway smiled.

"Caxton is a port city with well-developed transportation. In the past few days, the psionic school held a communication meeting here, so I came here to try my luck and see if I can find an opportunity to learn."

"For psychics, fighting is secondary, and the accumulation of knowledge is the most important thing."

"How is it? Did you gain anything?" Roger asked.

Hathaway shrugged, "My knowledge has increased a lot, but it's too difficult to really join the psionic school."

She looked at the tall and straight Roger with flickering eyes.

"It's too noisy here, let's find a quieter place."

9