Chapter 238. Similar
137 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What's the matter, a little disappointed?"

Henrik seemed to see something unusual about Roger, he glanced at Ingmar next to him, and teased.

"See what I do?"

Ingmar snorted coldly.

"Excellent men will always be favored by women. Unlike some people..."

The expression on Henrik's face froze, he opened his mouth, but finally swallowed the remaining words wisely.

After a moment of adjustment, the expression on Roger's face had returned to normal. He shook the white paper in his hand, leaned forward slightly, and at the same time, the corner of his eye quickly swept across the faces of the two of them.

"Can't they see? Is it some kind of spell?"

A sentence on the paper revealed one of Roger's most important secrets.

The identity of this body is like a ticking time bomb, making Roger uneasy.

After folding the letter paper in his hand and putting it in the envelope, Roger stood up and found the waiter who had just left.

"Who gave you this letter?"

Roger raised the envelope in his hand.

"Sorry, I can't remember either."

The waiter thought hard, "Maybe I'm too busy these days, I just remembered to give it to you."

Roger sighed, it seemed that he couldn't find any clues from the young man in front of him.

His gaze swept across the faces of the witcher in the bar one by one.

"Will the other party just hide in the crowd and observe my reaction?"

My heart sank slightly, but I was confused when I was concerned. My reaction just now was indeed a bit ill-considered.

But such firm words mean that the other party really knows something, and it shouldn't be a temptation.

After returning to his seat, Roger didn't mention what happened just now. The three of them chatted casually, but Roger's attention was all on the surrounding environment.

The Voodoo Association has been destroyed, and Henrik's vacation is meaningless. After a simple lunch at noon, the three of them drove to the Hunter's Guild together.

This is the second time Roger has come here. Compared with the desertedness of the last time, the current Hunter's Guild is crowded with people, and there are many people standing in the originally empty hall.

Several of them unabashedly showed their special aura.

"The elite of several witcher families."

Henrik sneered.

"Hmph, I think back then I was..."

Ever since Roger found out about Henrik's past, this guy has always started his sentences by thinking about the past.

Once or twice is okay, he has heard a lot...

Dodging Henrik's verbal bombardment, Roger came to a separate window.

"I've just been promoted to the Transcendence realm, come here to register."

The receptionist was a girl with a ponytail. She glanced at Roger in surprise, "What's going on recently, the people who enter the Transcendence realm are getting younger and younger."

Quickly recorded Roger's basic information, she said, "Please go to the second floor, we will have a special person to receive you."

Holding a badge, Roger came to a room on the second floor. Just as he was about to knock on the door, the door opened, and a familiar face appeared at the door.

"Peter?"

"Roger!"

The two looked at each other and spoke at the same time.

"Have you entered the Transcendence realm?"

Then the two looked at each other and smiled.

"Go ahead and talk to you later."

Roger pushed the door open, and there was only one person sitting in the empty room.

"Mr. Dickinson..."

Roger's eyes flickered.

Dickinson squinted his eyes and sat behind the chair. Even with a smile on his face, the search in his eyes still made people feel uncomfortable.

"Mr. Roger, I said we would meet again."

"You think I can enter the Transcendence realm?"

Roger was slightly surprised.

"No no no."

Dickinson shook his head. "That's two different things."

"Please sit down."

He pointed to a chair across the table, "Would you like something to drink?"

The conversation between the two was very similar to the last time they met at Bordeaux University.

"No thanks."

Roger still had trouble getting used to Dickinson's special gaze.

Dickinson took a sip of water, looked up at Roger, and asked casually:

"Have you received my letter?"

"Letter?"

The surprise flashed across his eyes, and Roger tried hard to restrain the emotions in his heart, "Oh?"

"You mean that joke someone made on me yesterday, a blank piece of paper?"

"Hehe."

Dickinson twitched his cheeks and gave an ugly smile.

"Whether it's blank letter paper or not, only you know best."

He put down his glass and looked at Roger calmly.

"Take it easy, Mister Roger, I'm not your enemy."

"To be precise... We are the same kind!"

Roger looked at Dickinson on the opposite side without saying a word.

"I understand that aliens like us are excluded from the original world and not tolerated by other worlds. No matter for anyone, it is necessary to be vigilant."

He spread his hands.

"But in this dangerous world, we should stick together for warmth."

Dickinson's voice gradually became low, but at this moment, Roger suddenly stood up.

"Mr. Dickinson, I don't know what you're talking about, is the record done?"

"My friend is still waiting for me."

"Hey-hey."

Dickinson laughed strangely, "Don't worry, Mr. Roger, you can leave at any time."

"I know it's hard to earn your trust in these circumstances, but I'm sure you'll come back to me. Before something happens to your body."

"Like I said before, we'll meet again."

Even though there were countless questions in his mind, Roger didn't dare to reveal the slightest bit in this room.

He was even afraid that after opening the door, he would face countless guns.

"Wait a minute."

He reached out to touch the door, but Dickinson's voice came from behind him.

"There is something I need to inform you, the newly promoted Transcendence, the elite hunter Roger, although you don't belong to the Hunter's Guild, you have entered the Transcendence in the Bordeaux area."

"According to the rules, you need to enter New Moon City to complete a task for the Hunter Guild."

Roger turned around.

"Is it mandatory?"

"Not really."

"The cursed land and the real world interact with each other. You have entered the Transcendence realm in the Bordeaux area. In a sense, New Moon City may have an extra monster because of your promotion."

"So……"

Roger nodded, understanding what Dickinson meant.

"When, is there a requirement for the difficulty of the task?"

"Transcendence level tasks are best completed within one year."

"I see."

Roger didn't agree rashly, he planned to go back and ask.

"There's nothing else to do."

Dickinson finally exhorted: "Goodbye, Mr. Roger, I hope that when we meet next time, your body is not broken."

"Tsk tsk, once this thing is broken..."

Dickinson gave an odd smile.

"You can only change one. However, the right body is so hard to find."

"Good luck."

6