Chapter 245. Ivy’s Hideout
130 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Yes, there are, but I haven't been there much." The boy scratched his messy hair.

"There are monsters in the wild, there is nothing to do, and everyone rarely leaves the village."

The boy replied.

"Is New Moon City far from here?"

Asked Roger.

"New Moon City? Maybe it's a far away place. I heard that the city walls there are very high and the inside is very safe."

"However, the only intersection from the village to New Moon City is guarded by the people of New Moon City, who won't let us approach, and other places are full of monsters, so I don't know what kind of place New Moon City is."

"I heard that Old Hank went there when he was young. There is no danger and there is plenty of food."

There was a trace of longing on the boy's face.

"You stole the clothes just now from those outsiders, right?"

A mysterious smile appeared on the boy's face, "I have a similar set of clothes."

He waved to Roger.

"Come with me, I'll show you around!"

On the other hand, Old Hank seemed to have finished negotiating with those witcher hunters, but the result was not satisfactory according to the situation.

After thinking for a while, Roger followed the boy beside him and slipped into the forest not far away along the path behind the village.

There are not many dense plants in the woods, and the strange rocks are bare everywhere. It is a bit eerie to step into it.

"I stumbled upon this place a few months ago."

Under the leadership of the boy, they passed through a narrow gap like a maze, and the two came to a dark cave.

He followed the boy carefully, his muscles tensed, ready to deal with emergencies at any time.

Lighting a torch, he groped through a dark road, and soon a little light appeared in the distance.

It turned out that a certain piece of rock on the top of the cave cracked a gap, allowing a ray of light to shoot in.

"Right here!"

The boy put the torch aside, happily pointing at the small space in front of him.

A women's wetsuit was hung on the wall, along with a huge backpack whose contents had been rummaged everywhere.

Roger noticed a string of letters sewn onto the backpack bag.

"Ivy."

If he guessed right, this backpack was a gift from Kant to Ivy.

Seeing these things, Roger also understood why Ivy was not smashed to pieces like that monster when she passed through the narrow gap.

Apparently her equipment and her huge backpack helped her take some of the force of the impact.

But seeing the damaged marks on the diving suit, Roger also knew that Ivy was still seriously injured when crossing that path.

In an area illuminated by an overhead beam, Roger saw a trace of a mysterious ritual.

"She should have healed her injuries here, and completed the preliminary ceremony, transforming her body into a half-human form."

"How about it?"

A smug expression appeared on the boy's face, "The clothes you are wearing are similar to this one."

"I didn't tell anyone but you."

He happily dug out some things in the backpack, and showed them to Roger one by one, with a sincere and vivid expression on his face.

It was hard for Roger to imagine that all the people in the fishing village he saw were born in this cursed land.

Of course, these people also included himself.

A body that accidentally entered the real world from a cursed land, and a soul from another world.

Roger shook his head helplessly. Once such a combination is known to the Hunters Guild...

Then he would be in big trouble.

For a moment, a murderous intent burst out in his heart.

"Dickinson knows my identity, if I kill him..."

"No, no!"

Roger quickly calmed down.

"Things should not be that simple. If he makes the wrong choice impulsively, the result will be really hard to say."

After recovering from her injuries, she secretly completed the ceremony here. Ivy left here and returned to the real world.

At the beginning, she should have planned to come back here after getting the transformation book, and continue to improve her strength.

But who would have thought that because of this book, she died by accident.

Living in one place for a long time, coupled with the recognition of Roger's identity, the teenager has nothing to hide, and answered almost every question Roger asked.

But it's a pity that he knows very little about many things.

When leaving the cave, the sky outside had become dark, and Roger found an excuse to separate from the boy.

The passage to and from this cursed place is very critical, and Roger doesn't want it to be discovered by others.

As night fell, he decided to take a look around.

There are rational and normal people in a cursed land, which Roger has never encountered before.

And depending on the situation, the level of science and technology here is very backward, at most only equivalent to the level of Bordeaux 100 years ago.

But after groping forward for a certain distance, Roger stopped helplessly.

Because on a hill not far from him, Roger saw a demon spirit holding a rapier and a lantern.

This thing looks very similar to the one Roger encountered in the foggy world.

But not one appeared on the hill in the distance. But three!

"There are so many monsters here?"

Roger was startled, and after thinking about it, he could only choose another direction.

But not long after, he was once again blocked by a monster that appeared.

It was a fat monster with two horns, he didn't rush forward, and he didn't know if the fight would disturb other monsters.

The night on the outskirts of this fishing village was far more dangerous than the cursed land he had experienced before.

Perhaps only the central area of ​​the fog world can be compared.

In this way, Roger basically walked all the areas around the fishing village throughout the night, but there were more than one monster in each direction.

The only safe area is a dirt road that spreads out from the entrance of the village.

Thinking of what the boy had said, Roger dispelled the thoughts in his heart. Although he couldn't continue to explore at the moment, he at least figured out the identity of his current body.

As for the specifics, maybe we can find an opportunity to continue the investigation in the future.

This time, he was dragged into this world by accident, and he didn't have time to prepare for many things.

More importantly, he doesn't know anything about this world. Under such circumstances, rash exploration is likely to bring some hidden dangers.

After thinking twice, Roger plans to leave here for the time being, and that secret passage will also become a special way out one day in the future.

He came to the beach and quietly dived into the water, but after that he tried many methods but failed to activate the transmission channel.

Two days passed by in a flash.

Finally, the coral clumps on the bottom of the sea seemed to have accumulated enough energy, a little light penetrated into the gap, and a huge attraction struck, and Roger finally knew how he passed through the narrow gap.

His body shrank several times in an instant.

The originally narrow gap turned out to be very wide for him.

With the previous experience, he complied with the traction and passed the long passage with almost no injuries.

When he regained his sight, what he saw was the coral bushes that had become dim again.

At this time, Roger suddenly realized a problem, the vast sea, how should he go back?

5