Chapter 248. The Spirit Society
84 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why me?"

Although Dickinson's reason seemed very reasonable, Roger still had a hard time believing it.

This guy lived in the Bordeaux area for many years, and his body changed several times. Roger didn't believe that he had no problems the first two times, but it was the third time.

This seems a bit too coincidental.

"There's no way around that. I once knew a person who came from another world like us. With his help, I completed the transformation of my body the first two times."

Dickinson shrugged.

"Unfortunately, he had an accident during the last body change and died."

"If I hadn't met you, then I would have to seek help from other people. Of course, there is another reason for choosing you."

Dickinson leaned forward slightly, and an invisible oppressive force suddenly enveloped him.

"It means that you are still very weak now, and it is relatively easy to master."

"Hehe."

Roger sneered.

"Thank you for your candor."

Dickinson seemed unaware that he had just threatened the young man in front of him.

"In the extraordinary world, the weak prey on the strong. I look forward to the day when you can tell me what you just said."

"Please rest assured that I will offer my praise without hesitation. In the world you were born in, maybe you were already as powerful as a god, but it's a pity that everything needs to be restarted here."

"A powerful soul and past memory experience can help you speed up this process, but we still need to accumulate."

Roger's eyes flickered.

"What if I say no?"

Dickinson shook his head.

"I believe you will not refuse, because that is really a stupid choice."

"Because of the same origin, we are destined not to become enemies. There is no conflict of interest, and identity recognition. We just need to get to know each other slowly."

"Even if you can't become a best friend, you can definitely become a partner. Think about it differently. Next time, when you need to change your body, you must also hope to get my help."

"Isn't it?"

Roger sat quietly, but did not answer Dickinson's question.

He admitted that what Dickinson said was true.

At present, the advantages of the cooperation between the two still outweigh the disadvantages. Dickinson's understanding of the world far exceeds that of Roger.

And after a period of accumulation, his strength must be far above Roger's. Before Dickinson completely changed his body, the two parties were equivalent to being in the honeymoon period.

This is equivalent to Roger receiving a powerful external support for no reason.

And just like Dickinson said, this kind of help is mutual. Now Dickinson looks strong, while Roger is in a weak position.

But when Dickinson changed his body, the situation reversed, and Roger became the stronger side instead.

He needs to give Dickinson a certain degree of shelter before he grows up, and get help from the other party again the next time he changes his body.

Such a cycle goes on and on, as Dickinson said, even if they can't talk to each other, their interests are tied together, which can make their relationship comparable to that of close relatives.

It was a decision that would benefit both, and Dickinson was not worried that Roger would reject him.

But Roger is still thinking about it. Although he felt that most of what Dickinson said should be true, he must have concealed some key issues.

In addition... his body seems to be different from others.

The hunter's hut bound to his soul, and a body from a cursed land.

Roger suddenly had an idea, for his current body, would the real world be equivalent to a super-large cursed land?

If this reasoning holds true, he should be perfectly safe for a long, long time.

Roger didn't respond for a long time, but Dickinson on the opposite side was not as calm as he had shown just now.

His movements of scratching his neck became more and more frequent, and the half-smile on his face also restrained.

"What are you still hesitating about?"

Dickinson propped his hands on the edge of the table, looking as if he was going to jump at any moment.

"Although the aptitude of this body is terribly poor, the strength accumulated over the years is still far beyond your imagination."

He stared at Roger with a fierce look in his eyes, "If I want, I can easily break your neck! If I really want to harm you, I don't need any plan at all!?"

"What do you mean by us you just mentioned?" Roger asked calmly and unhurriedly.

Dickinson took a deep breath, and the mania on his face subsided a little.

"I said before that there are many people like us in this world. For this world, we are heretics and can only hide in the dark."

"However, after so many years, I also got to know some of the same kind. At first, there were only a few people. Later, the whole organization gradually grew. We were distributed in different regions and kept in touch through special ceremonies."

"The Spirit Society."

"This is a regional exchange organization, and there is no division of superiors and subordinates in it, because there is no conflict of interest between each other. We can exchange key information and special materials through this organization."

"Special material?"

Roger's heart skipped a beat.

Dickinson nodded.

"Many alchemy materials have different names and uses in different worlds. Everyone here comes from different worlds, and each has their own specialties."

"Such exchanges have been very helpful to us. Whether you agree or not, I can introduce you to other people after a while."

"In this world, if we can't help each other, we are really alone."

"So……"

Dickinson looked at Roger.

"What about your decision? I can promise you to try it, but I have one last question."

"How did you discover that my soul is abnormal?" Roger asked.

"So that's the problem."

Hearing Roger's answer, Dickinson showed a smile on his face.

"This is my little talent, remember the first time we met?"

"I noticed a little abnormality at that time, and I confirmed it when I met for the second time."

"In fact, you don't have to worry. Except for the same kind, normal people have no way to distinguish our abnormalities."

"But you'd better be careful. When you join the Spirit Society, you can get a way to cover up the abnormality of the soul from other members by means of exchange."

Dickinson pointed to himself.

"You can also choose to get it from me."

"What do I need to pay?" Roger asked rhetorically.

"I don't need anything, I just need your wholehearted help to complete the next transformation."

"That's all. Trust me, you get more than you give for."

"All right."

Roger nodded.

"Happy cooperation!"

4