Chapter 252. New Moon City
91 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shut your mouth!"

A staff member who brought everyone in let out a low drink.

"Haha, I'm also thinking about them." The young man who spoke swept his eyes over everyone.

"There are a few that look decent, and the rest are rubbish."

The young man spit thick phlegm on the ground, this time he did not hide the contempt on his face at all.

"Come here to take a look and go back quickly."

"What we need are qualified demon hunters, companions we can rely on, not cowards who just cry and run away."

"Who are you calling a coward?!"

A strong man standing in the crowd couldn't stand the young man's contemptuous gaze, so he couldn't help standing up and shouting angrily.

The young man shrugged, "Look, I don't even need to say names, the cowards will stand up for themselves."

"The weak can only use their mouths, but the strong..."

The young man's gaze rested on Roger for a moment.

"Only with fists!"

"Damn bastard!"

The strong man separated from the crowd around him clenched his fists and rushed forward.

Seeing that the conflict was about to break out, but at this moment, a deep voice came from a distance.

"Stop it all!"

"Mr. Black."

People around said.

"He is the executive chairman of the Hunter's Guild. I have met him several times in the guild before. He is a powerful blood hunter."

Henrik introduced to Roger in a low voice.

"Robert!"

Black stared at the provocative young man, "Take over the work at hand and go to the outskirts of New Moon City, maybe there you can vent your excess emotions and physical strength!"

"Why?!"

The young man called Robert held his head up, and Roger noticed a peculiar tattoo just below his neck.

Henrik apparently saw this too.

"I didn't expect this Robert to come from the Angolasen family."

Henrik muttered under his breath.

"That family is well-known in the Bordeaux area. It is said that there were even demon hunters in the family many years ago, and the blood has been passed down through the years."

"But even so, there will be blood hunters born in almost every generation."

"It's a powerful family."

"This guy's aptitude is very good, otherwise he wouldn't have printed the clan emblem on his neck at such a young age."

Being questioned face to face, Blake lowered his eyes slightly, "Either go to the outskirts of New Moon City, or go back to your family."

He glanced at Robert, and then looked at everyone in the field, "New Moon City is not Bordeaux, it is far more deadly than Bordeaux, but likewise, the monsters here can also make you stronger!"

Black's voice was not loud, but there was a special force in his words, and everyone felt refreshed when they heard his words.

"President Black, don't worry, we are ready if we dare to come here!"

It was the big guy who had a dispute with Robert just now who spoke.

Black nodded, motioning for everyone to move forward, and he turned and left with a group of people.

"Everyone please follow me."

No one paid any attention to Robert, and the staff in charge of the reception led the crowd to a distance.

Roger and Henrik walked behind, and he looked back, and Robert changed his equipment amidst curses.

"Ingmar said that the periphery of New Moon City has always been in danger, and going there is not something to be happy about."

The crowd walked another distance, and not long after, a gray-white continuous stone wall appeared in front of everyone.

"Entering from here is the inner city of the new moon. I hope everyone can pay attention to that every ordinary person you meet here is a living individual. It is strictly forbidden to discuss anything that has nothing to do with the inner city of the New Moon City."

"After entering, there will be union personnel in charge of reception. You will get a map of the surrounding area of ​​New Moon City, and then you need to go to the designated place according to the tasks you perform."

"Only New Moon City is relatively safe here."

"Good luck everyone!"

A goatskin booklet was stuffed in everyone's hands. In addition to the map of New Moon City and its surroundings, there was also a distribution of the main buildings in the city.

Equipment supplies, medical security, and a tavern specially used for rest, standing on the street, Roger felt as if he had traveled through a time tunnel and came to Bordeaux more than 100 years ago.

Passing through an iron gate, the real New Moon City came into view.

The ground is paved with stone bricks, and the tone of the buildings in the city is mainly gray. There are tall stone buildings standing everywhere. There are not many people on the street, and most of them are wearing gray linen clothes.

They were in a hurry, and when they saw the decorations on Roger and the others, they would quickly lower their heads and leave quickly.

"Although they can communicate with us normally, the people here naturally have an inexplicable resistance to us."

Someone next to him said.

"But it's not because of the mission of the guild, who will care about the life and death of these things?"

Roger looked sideways, and it was the big man who spoke just now. Seeing Roger's gaze, the big man puffed up his chest and smiled.

"Everyone don't care about these guys, they are different from the people above, as long as they are not too much..."

A meaningful smile appeared on the big man's face, "Sometimes it's nice to have a change of taste."

"Don't take them too seriously. They are just a bunch of aliens."

Roger didn't say a word, he glanced out of the corner of his eye, but he was surprised to find that most of the people had expressions similar to that of the big man.

Everyone he saw on the street, to the witcher who came here from Bordeaux, seemed to be no different from the NPCs in the game.

"My name is Perkins, and I am a witcher from the Locke family. If you have difficult tasks, you can ask me for help."

The big man opened his mouth and introduced himself.

"Although it looks dilapidated and backward, and the facilities are not as good as Bordeaux, please believe that as long as you stay here for a while, you will fall in love with this world."

"Because here, power represents rules, except for a few iron rules that need to be followed, we can do whatever we want!"

"This is not Menia, they are not protected by the law, so..."

The corner of the big man's mouth split.

"I think you should understand."

Although he didn't know what the man in front of him had done, Roger seemed to see the blood and filth behind him through his slightly ferocious smile.

He also finally understood why the demon hunters were still hostile to the residents in New Moon City when they fought monsters.

Because the vast majority of the demon hunters don't regard the residents here as human beings at all. Guys like Perkins may not come here for the mission at all.

It was to satisfy some dark and twisted desire of his own.

Hunting monsters is just following the trend.

"Let's go, go to the village mentioned in the mission," Henrik said, he was obviously not used to the surrounding atmosphere.

Roger nodded, the two did not continue to stay in New Moon City, but found the carriage responsible for the mission pick-up.

With the sound of horseshoes, Roger sat in the carriage and watched the passing scenery outside. The whole city seemed to have completely restored Bordeaux more than 100 years ago.

But the strange thing is that under this seemingly real appearance, Roger feels a kind of extreme falsehood.

Everything in front of me seems like a bubble. One poke and it breaks!

5