13. Goodbye
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What the hell is happening?" Emily shouted in horror while Jerett too was stunned to see the fish tank shatter and the water blasting all over the carpet.

However, unlike the couple, who stood frozen in their places, Sean and Trinity reacted quickly. With just a snap of his hand, the glass pieces started moving and were restored to their original form in a blink of an eye.

Emily and Jerett watched in amazement as the tank was filled with water again and the three fish that had ended up on the carpet after the explosion, flew in the air and landed inside the tank.

"What the freak was that!!" Alan exclaimed while Neil just stood behind him as they too witnessed all that had happened.

"That, my dear, is one of you awakening your abilities," Trinity answered and smiled warmly at Alan, who still was perplexed by the situation.

Instinctively, Alan turned to his brother and stared at him wide-eyed. 'Did he do this? Oh my un-fucking-believable brother!!' He shouted in his mind in disbelief while Neil looked at his brother in surprise, not understanding why his brother was looking at him that way.

Sean laughed in amusement while Trinity shook her head with a smile when they heard Alan's astounded voice in their minds.

"You, Alan, not Neil, awakened your abilities today." Trinity pointed out and Alan's gaze snapped to her immediately. His jaw dropped and he pointed at himself. From his expression alone, it was evident that it was a thunderbolt for him.

"Me?" Alan asked again, not knowing what answer he was looking for.

"Yes, you. It was your doing, Alan." Sean replied, his gaze turning serious to stress his point. "Neil had already awakened his powers long ago and you know it too. So it was you who did it this time and well, I am not surprised, considering that..."

Sean stopped himself in time and pushed his glasses up. "Anyway, I'm glad you revealed your powers before we left. That eases our job a little."

"Do you mean to say that Alan did that, Sir?" Neil snapped out of his stupor and questioned to confirm again.

"Yes, dear. It was Alan and if our assumptions are true, Alan is a water elemental." Trinity explained and waited for more questions from the Wright family.

The silence stretched long enough to Trinity and Sean's surprise this time. While Emily and Jarett stared at their sons blankly, Alan and Neil had no words to say. They knew what a water elemental was, they had read a hell lot of books and seen movies to not know about it. The fact that Alan was one of them made the situation incredulous.

"What about Neil? Is he water elemental too?" Alan could not stop himself in time and the words left his lips as soon as the question popped up in his mind.

"That..." Trinity looked at Sean briefly before she returned her gaze to the twins, specifically to Neil, who was waiting for her reply.

"We are uncertain what he is yet and how powerful he is. But I'm sure he is somewhere along similar lines. You do not have to worry about that, child. Let us think about it when we reach Atanor. We need to leave from here as soon as possible. Now that both of you have shown what you are capable of, it will not be long before our kind finds out about you two, especially the dark forces." Trinity's worry replaced her smile and the boys discerned how grave their situation was from her expression alone.

"And the quicker we leave from here, the better," Sean added and nodded faintly when the twins' eyes met his.

Neil sucked in a deep breath and pressed his brother's shoulder, who too braced himself for what they would do next. Their expressions hardened and Trinity felt her heart clench in pain when she saw the boys' approaching their parents, their determined eyes filled with grief and promise.

"We'll wait for you two outside." Sean was courteous enough to leave the family alone and bid their farewell and Trinity followed him without any objections. This was the least they could do for the couple who would be separating from their sons for an indefinite period.

"I fucking hate this!!" Trinity cussed and kicked the pebble by her feet and Sean's brows shot to the sky in shock. Although it was not the first time she was swearing, it had become less frequent as time passed. She had managed to calm her fiery tongue over time using her maturity and wisdom to analyze things.

However, it was a different matter this time, and he too had the same emotions as her. It was horrible to hear the Wright family cry, but they were helpless and could only wait for the twins to finish their goodbyes.

Alan and Neil did not make them wait for long and they emerged from the house after a few minutes. Although their eyes were red, they still managed to stay strong and Sean and trinity were impressed by their mental strength. It was not every day that they saw boys of that age hold their might and do something which they were reluctant to do.

Sean looked behind the two boys and was pleasantly surprised. They had nothing besides a backpack each, and he raised his brows subtly.

"Do you have everything you need? Trinity queried and looked at the Wright couple, who were observing them from the threshold.

"Yes, Ma'am." Neil's reply was instant and Alan nodded his head in agreement.

"Good. If you are ready, shall we leave?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Hold our hands, son. We will use our powers now." Sean offered his hand to Alan while Trinity held her palm in front of Neil.

"This might suffocate you a little. But it will be over soon." Trinity explained and waited for the boys to digest her words.

Alan and Neil braced themselves for whatever would happen next and looked at their parents one last time before they vanished from the place the next instant.

0