14. Entering Atanor
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as they had been warned, Alan and Neil felt suffocated. They were pulled into a dark, bottomless pit even before they could prepare themselves mentally. Other than a cold gush of air, they felt nothing. However, it only lasted for a few seconds and Alan and Neil landed on their butts while Sean and Trinity watched them with amusement in their eyes.

Sean looked at the two boys and pursed his lips. "We will have to work on that, you will get used to it eventually."

"Welcome to Atanor, Alan, Neil." Trinity chirped, not hiding the joy in her tone. She looked like a little girl in a candy shop and Sean shook his head on seeing her antics.

"Let us give you a tour of the place here first."

It was only then that Alan and Neil noticed where they were and their eyes widened in disbelief. Unlike back home, it was as bright as day and was anything they had expected.

Atanor was nothing like Hogwarts, nothing at all. But it was even more advanced and seemed more like a sci-fi movie, a well-crafted sci-fi movie.

Atanor was more developed and everywhere they looked, they found strange devices they could not even decipher. Other than the fact that the people around them were just like them, the world seemed unbelievably different.

Sean let out a chuckle when he noticed the twins' awestruck expressions. "This is the entrance gate to Atanor." He pointed towards the gigantic brass gate and a colossal wall that ran for miles.

"There is only one exit and one entrance," Sean stressed. "If you are going to leave Atanor, you will have to leave from here. Follow me."

Sean and Trinity led the twins inside to a small room beside the gate.

"Melvin, are you inside?" Sean knocked at the door, only for the small window beside it to open.

"Go away, Sean. You are disturbing my sleep." The man complained grumpily and Trinity rolled her eyes.

"Ignore the old man, boys. He is just grouchy."

"Who are you calling grouchy, lady?" The door opened suddenly and Alan and Neil stepped back when they saw a short man rushing towards them angrily. He barely reached their chests and they had to control their expressions not to give away their shock.

"I am more senile and accommodating than you are, Trinity. Try me." The man sassed and Trinity snorted.

"Oh well, we cannot stop a man from dreaming. Can we?" She retorted, and this time, Alan chuckled, gaining everyone's attention.

"Ohh, who do we have here?" Melvin's eyes gleamed with delight when he saw the boys and padded towards them, his short, stout body wobbling towards them in joy.

"Are they the one?" He questioned, not particularly to anyone and his smile widened when Sean nodded in affirmation.

"Welcome, boys. Welcome to Atanor. You are finally home."

An odd sensation entered Alan and Neil's hearts when they heard the word home and their amusement disappeared immediately.

"We are here to register the two boys into the name book." Sean changed the topic when he noticed the sudden shift in the boys.

"Definitely. I will get the record here. Give me a moment." Melvin entered his room and shortly after, he returned with a huge ledger that seemed too heavy for his size. However, the man seemed to be carrying it with ease.

Alan, Neil, this is a ledger that records the names of all the people in Atanor. We want you two to register too so that we can officially welcome you to Atanor." Sean introduced and held out his hand for Neil to take.

Not knowing what was happening, Neil placed his hand in his and watched the old man pull out a needle.

"I apologize for this." He mumbled and pricked his thumb and droplets of blood started to ooze slowly. "Please leave your thumb impression here." He pointed towards a blank page and Neil did as he was told.

Barely had he done so, the page started to fill itself with details, details he was all too familiar with, from his birthday to his blood relatives as well as his blood group. And to add more to his surprise, the wound on his thumb started to heal as soon as he was done and he was back to normal in no time.

Alan too completed his registering process and once they were done, they stood behind Trinity as they tried to accept the truth. The truth was that they now belonged to Atanor officially.

"Boys, I'm so happy to meet you." Melvin clasped his hands and shook his body like a lovestruck fool. "And I am sure everyone in Atanor would be equally thrilled. You have no idea how long..."

"Melvin, let us show Atanor to them first and make them feel comfortable." Sean interrupted before he could get carried away with his excited talk. "You can always prattle once we get them all settled."

"Who did you say is prattling, old man?" Melvin glared at Sean and from his stance alone, it was evident that he was ready to fight if Sean pointed at him.

"I was referring to Trinity. She's the one who prattles always." Sean changed the words that were on the tip of his tongue. Now, it was Trinity's turn to glare at Sean. "We'll get going now, Malvin. We still have a lot to do."

Sean did not allow Trinity to flare up and explode and, instead, started leading the way.

"Alan, Neil, it was nice meeting you two. Let's catch up sometime later." Malvin insisted.

"Umm...sure," Neil replied, unsure what else to say and watched the old, stout man enter his den, contented by his reply.

'Are you old ladies or what that you'll catch up sometime later? Gossip queen.' Trinity grumbled in her mind.

"I heard that old lady," Malvin shouted from his cabin. "You are the gossip queen, your whole family are gossip queens."

"Hey," Trinity bellowed and was just about to rebuke him more when Sean turned around.

"Trinity, are you coming with me or shall I escort the twins myself?"

Trinity gnashed her teeth and took deep breaths to calm herself down. "If not for Sean, I would have shown you, old man."

"I'll be waiting for it, gossip queen. Be sure to come back later." Malvin sassed, not caring to even come out of his place. "You may leave now. I am deadbeat and want to nap a little longer."

"Do you even do anything other than napping? You lazy, couch potato."

This time, there was no response from Malvin and Trinity had no choice but to push back her war of words with him for the time being.

0