15. Brothers?
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unlike the other children who had been born and brought up in Atanor, Alan and Neil were new to the place. So, Sean and Trinity were careful with them and did not lead them around the area. That would be too much for the boys to take in a day.

"Alan, Neil, let me take you to your place of residence first." Sean glanced at Trinity who nodded at him lightly and this action did not go unnoticed by the twins. They could detect the silent conversation happening between the two and could not help but wonder about it quietly.

"We know what you two are thinking, boys. Your thoughts are too loud and we could not help but listen to them." Trinity did not hide the truth, baffling the boys with her words.

Although they had managed to keep a poker face before, it fell the moment they heard her words and they gawked at her speechlessly.

"You are yet to find out what we are capable of, boys. You'll come to terms with it slowly." Trinity winked at them playfully and Sean shook his head, not knowing how to handle the childish woman.

"All the children here will have to attend and stay at the Atanor academy after they turn fifteen because that is when their powers emerge. It is mandatory and they'll have to stay at the academy until at least they can control their powers."

Sean explained and started walking, prompting the other three to follow him. "During the initial stages, it becomes difficult for the young ones to control their strength and have power over their abilities. So, we need to train them and help them handle themselves. That is why we have the Atanor academy."

'Just like Hogwarts.' Alan thought and Sean gave him a knowing smile.

"Yes, just like Hogwarts. But different at the same time."

Alan was stunned again, but he composed himself quickly and nodded back at the man in acceptance.

"Let us take you to the academy. But before that..." Trinity and Sean stopped walking and the woman looked at the two gently. "Atanor academy is isolated from the other parts of Atanor. But that does not mean it is devoid of people. No."

Trinity shook her head and looked towards her right, raising her head a little and Alan and Neil followed suit. From where they were, they could see pretty tall towers and an outline of a building. But it was not clear and they had to squint their eyes to get a good look.

"That is where you two will be staying for now..." Trinity stopped herself from uttering the next words on the tip of her tongue.

"We will bring you two out later once you have settled down. But, first, let us show you the academy."

"Are we going to walk till there?" Neil's face scrunched up as he looked at the tower, trying to estimate the distance from where they were.

"No, dear. You'll not. We will have someone to pick us up soon." Trinity smiled and barely had she finished speaking when they heard a car's tires screeching before it stopped just a few feet away from them.

Neither Alan nor Neil had seen the car driving towards them. It had popped out of nowhere and they blinked at the black car with reddish hues mixed with it in wonder.

"What a braggart!!" Trinity scoffed and waited for the man to get off. "Will he have diarrhea if he is not ostentatious even for a day?"

"You'll have diarrhea. Your whole family will have diarrhea." The man scolded back even before he got out of the car and Alan and Neil observed the tall man who was glaring daggers at the woman beside them.

"You are as annoying as your brother." Trinity glared back at him, her annoyance from before gushing out like a flooded river.

"You must be the twins my brother was talking about." The man greeted, ignoring Trinity completely. "Welcome to Atanor. I am Nelo." He held his hand for the twins to shake before lightly flicking his shoulder-length ash blond hair.

"Brother?" Alan frowned and looked questioningly at Nelo and the man let out a goofy smile in return.

"Forgive me. I forgot to introduce myself correctly. I am Nelo, Malvin's younger brother. Malvin, the gatekeeper."

Realization hit the two brothers and they looked behind them immediately before they stared back at Nelo. However, in any direction, he did not look like Malvin's brother at all.

While Malvin was short and stout, Nelo was tall, even taller than most people Alan and Neil knew, and unbelievably fit. It seemed as if he hit the gym whenever he was free. Moreover, he was dressed in all-black attire with a black leather jacket, forcing them to think of him to be a model or a racer.

"I know what you guys are thinking and I sometimes think the same too." Nelo intervened in their thoughts with a chuckle. "I wonder how I became Malvin's brother when I am this dashing and charming and that man is just..." His lips twitched as he tried to find an appropriate word.

"If you are done with your nonsense, shall we leave? We need to get Alan and Neil settled." Trinity stopped the man before he could get carried away and Sean sighed in relief, exhausted with his life as he once again questioned his life choices.

"Ohh, yes, yes. Please." Nelo instantly forgot what he wanted to say and led them to his car.

"Although it would have been easy if we used our powers to take you two to the academy in an instant, we thought of this method of transportation. You can look at Atanor on the way and get familiar with it." Sean explained to the bewildered boys.

"Moreover, using powers would require us to use our energy and we will end up exhausting ourselves. So, if not required, we try to limit using your powers as much as possible." Sean continued, his expression cryptic and words mysterious.

"You will find out once you start your sessions at the academy. Until then, you have nothing to worry about, boys." Trinity added, waiting for Alan and Neil to digest the situation.

"Sir, please." Nelo opened the door for the passenger seat for Sean before he helped Alan, Neil and Trinity to settle in the back seat.

"If everyone is ready and comfortable, shall we go?" He queried and once he got a nod from everyone, he pressed the gas pedal hard, forcing every one of their seats immediately.

0