chapter 24
277 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--Peter POV--

Seven people. I gave the bite to seven people, and no one survived. Were humans always this frail? I wasted one whole month to speak to these people and they all just died. Do they have no respect for me and for all the efforts I put in convincing them. I was now looking at the police men, who were searching for the other half of the body of my last failure.

If the Argents don’t come after this, it must mean that they are either dead or they gave up their family activity, and we all know the latter is impossible.

What caught my attention were the two boys, who had come here to search for the body in secret. That is why I don’t like brats; their curiosity makes them stupid enough to seek for a dead body at night in a forest.

They were both on my list of possible candidates because they are at the bottom of the food chain in their high school, but at the same time they would make loyal subordinates. Moreover, they have one clear weakness, their affections, I’m sure I could threaten them with their parents without a problem.

I’m tired of explaining about the supernatural to people, to later have them die. Let’s just bit them directly this time, either way I doubt these two will survive.

It seems that one of them got caught by his father, but luckily for me the other was able to hide himself. Let’s go and greet him.

I felt my powers surge as I grew taller, and my body grew fur.

--MC POV--

I had slept for just few hours, when I suddenly was awaked up by the sound of someone entering the pub downstair. Lydia and Malia heard it too and after making a sign to them I approached the stairs.

From the smell I think he is a werewolf, so there is the risk that he has been sent by Peter.

He was going up the stair and I’m sure that, just as I know he is there, he also is aware of me, but he isn’t planning to stop.

Just when I was about to punch his face he spoke.

“I’m Derek, Laura’s brother. You three are the guys she talked about, right?” as the stranger said these words, I looked at him. Lions have night vision, and this allowed me to get a clear view of him.

His face was indeed the one I saw on the photos about Laura’s “baby brother”, poor guy he doesn’t have an idea of how much she speaks about him when she is drunk.

After I recognized him as who he said he was, I turned on the light.

“Thomas Knight”

“Hy Thomas, while I would like to greet you better, I’m here for my sister, I haven’t heard from her for a whole month” as I heard that, I went toward Laura’s room and opened the door, giving him the sign to enter.

“What happened?” he asked, while looking at his unmoving sister.

It was then that I explained the whole situation to him and like that, all the time I had to sleep passed by.

“My uncle… I can’t believe it” I don’t expect him to believe me, as I am just a stranger for him, but I’m sure he will accept the truth at some point.

“It is what happened.”

“Could you leave me alone with her for some time?”

“Yes, me and my girlfriends have to go to school anyway. It is better if you watch over her, I don’t know if the one who did this will come back” as I said that I left with Lydia and Malia, while Derek remained on the floor, beside his sister bed.

--Malia POV--

Pens… check.

Pencil… check.

Markers… I have the whole pack with all colours.

My school bag is about to explode, and I also have two pens behind my ears, because I hate to not have what I need, when I need it.

It is strange, said by someone who lived half of her life in the forest, but using different pens and markers helps me to take notes. Although Thomas makes fun of me, saying that I’m just painting the page.

We had come to school early, to leave Derek some alone time with his sister, and now I’m waiting alone for the principal of the school. As I was waiting, another girl, who was having a call with her mother, sat beside me.

She was the kind of beautiful girl Thomas would like beautiful, sexy and with a particular charisma.

She was at the phone with her mother, who seemed to be reminding her of all she needed for the first day of school.

“Oh, my God, I didn’t actually forget a pen” she must be a newbie to have forgotten something like a pen, I brought at least ten of them.

As she turned off the call, I decided to introduce myself, and maybe helps her, since she seems quite stressed. She should just enjoy these last moments of peace outside of the hell, called school. I tried to convince others that going to school was not needed, but be it my father, Lydia, Thomas or Laura, all of them said I had to go.

“Hy, I’m Malia, I’m a new student too”.

“Allison Argent. It’s nice to have someone else new, it is always hard to integrate in a new school, I have done it a lot of time in the past.”

“Sound hard. Well, luckily, I have some friends here, I’ll introduce you to them later, if you want.” We decided that for now we’ll act just as friend. Damned society and its common sense! What is the point of monogamy if you are then forced to settle for a weak male?

“Thanks, it would be really nice” she got a beautiful smile. I bet that Lydia would try to throw her in Thomas’ arms. I’m still not sure why she does this, maybe because she wants to gather a strong pride, so that we will be unrivalled.

“We’ll soon be fellow prisoners. The new ones have to stay together, or they will be prey for the old ones, or at least that is how it goes in movies. Do you need a pen?” I asked taking out one of the two pens behind my ears.

“Thanks again… do you always hold pens behind your ears” she asked, but I felt more of an intrigue, than an accusation coming from her.

“My bag is full, and it comes in handy to have a pen or two always disponible” as I said this, the man who I thought was the principal, came toward us.

On our way to the class he had and some small talk with Allison, before he addressed me

“I heard a little of what happened to you miss. Tate. I hope you’ll familiarize yourself with school soon” the excuse we invented was that after the accident I suffered of memory loss and during these years I lived in the street. Well, it sounds impossible, but they had to believe considering that I disappeared after the car wreck.

“I hope too” I doubt.

Soon he opened the door, and we entered the class.

“Class, these are our new students, Allison Argent and Malia Tate. Please do your best to make them feel welcome” while he was talking, Allison tried every way possible not to directly look at anyone.

As for me I immediately looked toward Thomas and Lydia, who smiled at me and pointed at the seat near her. It also happened to be on the left of the only other empty seat where Allison will probably seat.

Now this was all expected, but what caught me by surprise was the boy in front of Allyson who had the odour of a werewolf.

“We’ll begin with Kafka’s metamorphosis on page 133.”

Who the hell is Kafka? This place only creates problems.

12