chapter 29
256 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--MC POV--

The first game of the season started, and this would be the first game with Scott in first line too. I’m a little preoccupied of what could happen, but at least I’ll be here to take care of any problem.

The game soon started with a goal of mine, but then the second was made by Scott and I think it was then, when we looked at each other in the eyes, that the challenge started.

I know it isn’t prudent to exaggerate in front of a crowd, especially when Allison’s father is there too, but my pride would never allow the new addition to do better than me.

Soon the game went on one goal after the other for our team and more than a match between two teams it became a battle between me and Scott.

On the side-line I could hear the reaction of other people.

My girlfriend who kept cheering for me and asked Allison to join in sometimes, my mother who kept saying “that’s my son”, as if yesterday she didn’t give all the fault to dad for raising a son, who prefer to watch sport games on the TV rather than a romantic movie.

The coach too was perplexed, but as usual he just accepted everything as long as it was positive.

“Did the opposing team just deliberately pass Scott the ball?”, “Did the goalie just run away when Thomas threw ball?” these were among the many question that the coach asked Stiles, who didn’t know how to answer.

The opposing team was depressed by the end of the game, as we probably beat some records in the history of our school lacrosse’s team. We scored 40 points, 23 mine, while the rest belonged to Scott. The opposing team couldn’t get one single goal, and when I put in the net the last shot, the crowd entered the field to congratulate us.

Both Lydia and Malia jumped on me, but at that moment I was too preoccupied with Scott, who suddenly run in the locker room , and I could tell from his breath and his smell which intensified, that he was in his werewolf form.

“Thomas do you happen to know where Scott went” asked Allyson, who approached me.

“I think he run to the locker room, he either is depressed because he got 3 points less than me or he just needed to calm down, he must have felt a lot of adrenaline during his first game. Stay here, I’ll go and call him myself” It’s better if I go, few days ago he nearly attacked Stiles after practice.

I soon reached the locker room, which happened to be silent and dark. I tried to localize him from his scent, but it practically came from everywhere, not to speak about how strong the smell of men’s sweet was in this room.

I decided to enter the room in my werelion form and after some turns, I was suddenly assaulted by Scott, who had clearly lost his mind, but after the first surprise attack I got up and threw him against the wall, after that I took him from his shirt and slapped him hard till he got his senses back.

“I’m okay. Stop!” Seems like Derek was right, pain can help to get your control back.

“You sure?” I asked, a little sad to end the fun.

“Yes!”

“Well, no need to thank. Everyone is waiting for the second-best player let’s go back” at these words he growled, but one look was enough to remind him of his recent beating.

--Peter POV--

Here he comes, that’s why I don’t like teenagers.

“You promised me power, but nothing happened” That is indeed strange.

“Calm down, don’t be enraged over a simple Lacrosse game.”

“I want the power you promised me, you said I would have become a werewolf too!”

“There is no need to worry. When you get the bite you either die of poisoning in an hour or you get its power”

“Wait, I could have died? You never mentioned this” ops, it slipped.

“Don’t worry, you are alive so you are a success. Don’t worry if your power has not manifested, it will in due time. I’ll check tonight under the moon what you have become, for now just go to sleep and wait for me to call you, our control is weaker when we sleep, so it will be easier to call you and make the supernatural side emerge”.

There are few explanations of what happened, but one thing is certain, he is no more human. The strangest thing is that his smell didn’t change, whatever he became must be an expert in stealth and that would be useful.

Seeing he wouldn’t get another answer Jackson left.

Brats, making such a scene because he got outclassed in school game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in front of the brat’s house, and I was about to call him with my howl, but before I could do that I saw someone go out from Jackson room.

I followed the figure and when I reached it what I saw left me speechless.

It was a man, whose skin was covered in scale, his eyes were yellow slits, and he had a tail.

His appearance clearly resembles, that of a reptile and I remember hearing about this type of shape shifter.

The creature hissed at me. But I didn’t react, even if I knew that it was dangerous, even for an alpha like me.

When the creature saw I meant no harm, it approached me and extended its arm and the moment my palm touched his, I could feel a connection being formed between us two.

As expected, it was a kanima, the most obedient and strong pawn I could ask for. It seems that this brat will reveal himself as someone useful.

Now it is time to make sure the other, become useful too.

“Follow me”

My revenge starts today.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Help me!”

Garrison Meyers, a normal man and a school bus driver. No one would have expected him to be behind the death of an entire family, but he did.

“Spare me, I regret what I did!”

I still remember when we begged for someone to save us, while we desperately tried to get out from the windows, but they hit our hands with pitchforks and clubs.

They didn’t hear us then; I won’t hear them now!

I was dragging him on the floor and in front of me stood Scott as a werewolf, he was disoriented, but even now he was opposed to the idea of killing.

The worm-like man changed his aim and started to beg Scott for help, and as expected the guy didn’t resist his humanity and tried to stop me, I slashed him with my nails, but he still threw himself at me, while Meyers used the chance to run away from the hole at the end of the bus.

Scott keeps trying to stop me and even if I push him away, he jumps on me again.

Not like I’m worried about Meyers. I have Jackson on look out and if something happened, I told him to kill the guy without leaving traces behind. Now I’ll be able to see just how much I can trust that guy.

Scott seems more like a bother than a help, but I won’t kill him today, I will give him another chance in the future.

So, I just started to run in the opposite direction and the moment I was distant enough Scott stopped his assault.

“Go back home”.

Still under my influence as an alpha he went away toward his house.

Time to see if Jackson did his job right.

10