chapter 30
339 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--MC POV--

“It seems that he is truly done with hiding” I said as I look at the destroyed and bloodied bus.

The victim is yet to be found, but from the trail of blood he left, I’m quite sure he died. Peter was probably playing with him, after all it is impossible for an alpha to have problems in killing one human.

“It truly happened” looking at my side Scott was left aghast, but his words were what caught my attention.

“You were here” after he heard me, he looked at me.

“I…”

“Scott don’t go around saying incriminating things, you are not even sure about” said Stiles, but I could see how much despair and guilt was in Scott eyes.

“I dreamed of attacking Allison in this bus” so this is the reason behind his situation.

“It was just a dream, the victim was a male, if you tried to use that werewolf nose of yours, you would have realized that” I told him and suddenly he looked relieved, but as he doesn’t trust me enough, he still held the doubt and fear in himself.

“I need to find her.”

“I’ll help you, but just because I care for Allison too”.

He didn’t even react to my statement, like his usual self would and just accepted my help.

We started looking around, but we found her sooner than expected, in fact she was the one who run into us, making all her book fall down.

Scott took some time to reboot, while I helped her gathering her things.

“Thanks, did you tell him already?” she asked me.

“About the outing? I haven’t had the time”.

“What are you talking about?” asked Scott, after regaining control of himself.

“Our girlfriends decided that it would be nice to go out together, to celebrate our victory, you are invited too Stiles, since we are three on my side” I replied.

“Really?” Asked Stiles with an excited tone. Poor guy, he must feel like Robin with Batman now that his friend is a werewolf and popular.

“Yes, it will be nice. We’ll speak about this later during lunch, save me a seat” she said to Scott before leaving.

“I’m leaving too” now that I had no more interests here, I left for class too, leaving behind both Scott and Stiles to their usual loud dialogues.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all sat down after Allison at Scott’s table, and Danny joined too as he was practically the only guy I still get along well with.

The news that we are into polygamy has been spreading like fire in a dry forest, and the jealous guys, who envied me for going out with Lydia, used this occasion to try to spill dirt on me by calling me a playboy or a “sexual beast” who cares only of shagging new girls.

They aren’t wrong, but my relationship with Lydia and Malia is a lot more than that, and I’m not an easy guy who fuck all the girls who throw themselves at me, and there have been many who tried, after the revelation.

As for Malia and Lydia, some think they are victims, while others just treat them as bitches, but I’m not really preoccupied about this situation.

The school needs me to make them win the championship, and when my polygamy thing will be received as normal, people will just start to treat me as the popular and great guy they always thought I was.

In this era, teenagers hate taboos and prejudices, so while they will take part in them at the start, they will later deny them, and promote freedom.

We are the generation, who made sexual fluidity a thing, it won’t be a problem to do the same with polygamy, especially if all parties agree, and with us being looked up by many, it won’t take much time.

All those who are conservative or disagree, will have to stay silent again, as people will support our decision and attack anyone, who try to insult us.

It will be more difficult with adults, since they are much more conservative, but in the end, they don’t have much of an impact on my life, so I will just not care about their opinion.

It is about time a teacher hears about the rumours and bring up the problem to us or our parents, but I’m quite sure that both Lydia’s mother and Malia’s father like me.

After all I helped Lydia during her parents’ divorce and brought back Malia to her home.

(This is a problem that is never brought up in many other harem novels, but as I want to go deep in the characters psychology in my fanfic, I’m trying to explain everything in a clearer way)

Public opinion isn’t essential, but having a bad reputation can be detrimental, for example some business lost billions on the stock market just because of a scandal, some films failed because of bad recension and so on…

We would like to say that others don’t affect us, and we are invulnerable to their thoughts, but that is not true, humans are social animals, and we depend on public opinion for everything, even shapeshifters like us do it.

It is the mass who decides the value of everything: products, art and even people. The one, who is great, isn’t the one who is not affected by the mass, but the one who can gather the support of it and use it in his favour.

“Have you heard? they found the corpse.” I stated, and looking at Scott’s pale face I believe he already know.

“Who do you think did it?” asked Allison.

“They speak about a beast, but it must be quite the strong one to do all this damage. What is certain is that no normal human would be able to do that.” Said Lydia and Scott looked at her in fear that she would reveal what he is.

He can’t understand that if you invent stupid excuse, it would just be easier to understand it is a lie? The best way to hide something is to say the truth, without telling the most important information.

“Do you know who the victim is?” asked Danny.

“I just found a video about it” said Stiles and I must recognize that he is useful and resourceful.

The video showed the police, who was bringing away the dead body covered in a veil, while on the screen appeared the image of the victim, a man called Garrison Meyers.

“I know him, he used to drive the bus I took when I lived with my father” intervened Scott and his expression became graver.

“Are you not feeling right? Would you prefer to postpone the outing to tomorrow night?” asked a worried Allison, while holding Scott’s hand.

“No, I’m okay”

“Well, then where are we going, I want to do something fun” said Lydia, but I’m sure that her definition of fun is not the same as the others.

“How about bowling” I said, remembering that it was one of the things Lydia liked other than sex. Moreover, I never took Malia bowling

“I don’t know how to bowl,” said Malia.

“I’ll teach you. Is it okay with you Scott, do you know how to bowl?”

“Yes, in fact I’m a great bowler” he said, but it was clearly a lie he invented to not look less than me. How to dig your own grave, a manual written by Scott McCall.

Stiles looked at Scott as if he was looking at an idiot, and in fact he is not that far from the truth, but in his defence many things happened today to him, so it is understandable that he is more of a nitwit than usual.

“Then if it is okay with Allison and Stiles, I think we are good to go tomorrow”.

“”for me it’s okay”” both answered, and the deal was done.

15